• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oblivion: General Discussion

It is also worth perhaps managing expectations.

A crane is also needed to remove heavy plant machinery from the top of the drop and around the ride circuit most closed seasons for maintance purposes. Specifically when the plant needs off site work / refurbishment that are better off carried out in sheltered workshops.

A reworked stations does intregue me however I do not think what is quite clearly a heavy duty crane, would be needed for that. Not ruling the station out however, just pointing out the fact that a crane is an essential piece of equipment needed to keep Oblivion operational.

Last edited:
I'd imagine most of the budget for this year has already been blown on Nemesis, Forbidden Valley, Curse, and the rumoured flat rides. I wouldn't expect any more than basic TLC elsewhere for the moment.

I'd imagine most of the budget for this year has already been blown on Nemesis, Forbidden Valley, Curse, and the rumoured flat rides. I wouldn't expect any more than basic TLC elsewhere for the moment.
Curse was the previous year. Aside from that, each big project has its own ring-fenced budget, which isn't directly impacted by spending elsewhere in the park.

TLC / repairs / contingency budget, however, will be spent on getting Skyride and Hex back up and operational.

Oblivions station floor is thick with rust and rotting through, it moves as you walk on it and there are places you can see right through. Budget or not, that is going to have to be addressed soon before it becomes a serious hazard.
I'd argue it should be one of their higher priority projects right now purely from a health and safety perspective.
That's being used for ambulant RAP now (,or was this season anyway) so I wouldn't bank on it
Yes, the changes made this season had the entrance tunnels being used as main, RAP and fastrack, but if the rebuild went ahead as originally planned, that would no longer be relevant.

Oblivions station floor is thick with rust and rotting through, it moves as you walk on it and there are places you can see right through. Budget or not, that is going to have to be addressed soon before it becomes a serious hazard.
I'd argue it should be one of their higher priority projects right now purely from a health and safety perspective.

Yes, the changes made this season had the entrance tunnels being used as main, RAP and fastrack, but if the rebuild went ahead as originally planned, that would no longer be relevant.
Ah would the queue layout be different then?

I mean, you've always been able to see through the station by the design of it, it was like that from day 1. I am assuming you mean something different though?

The floor is square steel panels welded together and painted. Those panels are coming apart at some of the welds and are rusting through. There are gaps where there most certainly should not be. The roof also has gaps and leaks in various places which I'm sure doesn't help matters. The trim around certain features is painted wood and is rotten and crumbling.
None of this is by design.

The floor is square steel panels welded together and painted. Those panels are coming apart at some of the welds and are rusting through. There are gaps where there most certainly should not be. The roof also has gaps and leaks in various places which I'm sure doesn't help matters. The trim around certain features is painted wood and is rotten and crumbling.

I was not saying what you have described as being by design, mearly that by design there are elements of the station that let you see below, if that makes sense.

Oh lordy... yeah I'd expect that to be part of the tlc round. Can't have risks like that.

I was not saying what you have described as being by design, mearly that by design there are elements of the station that let you see below, if that makes sense.
No I understand, just being clear that I'm specifically referring to issues that are caused by the age and upkeep of the structure rather than design elements.

Back to the crane though, I agree entirely with your previous post, the simpler and more likely explanation is that it is there to aid routine winter maintenance.

No I understand, just being clear that I'm specifically referring to issues that are caused by the age and upkeep of the structure rather than design elements.

Back to the crane though, I agree entirely with your previous post, the simpler and more likely explanation is that it is there to aid routine winter maintenance.

Just to add earlier in December the same crane was over Katanga so I think it’s just moving around the park for any big maintenance moves.

Not saying the station isn’t being worked on but for a station refurb you would just put up scaffolding.

What section of the floor is this, as the past couple times i have been on oblivion the load side floor seems to be in pretty reasonable condition, from what I recall I couldn't seen any brown or signs of decay, just a lot of spiter webs, although you are about 3m atleast away from it. The tunnel things to the load station I recall seeing some rust on though.

What section of the floor is this, as the past couple times i have been on oblivion the load side floor seems to be in pretty reasonable condition, from what I recall I couldn't seen any brown or signs of decay, just a lot of spiter webs, although you are about 3m atleast away from it. The tunnel things to the load station I recall seeing some rust on though.

Is it spiter webs that take rides down for the whole day then?
The whole thing is getting on now, big repairs and damaging checks are needed every few decades.

One for the people who may know ^^
What's the ral colour for the track a it's not black it looks like a really dark navy blue but not sure if anyone can help it would be so helpful in the building of the new model
Thanks

Can’t say how accurate it will be but have you tried finding photo from Oblivion’s track (during construction) cropping just the bit you need, then putting the image through a RAL tracker, either online or through an app like ‘Color Picker’ yes it’s American.

Never been 100% black in my eyes. Always had a lead sort of tint to it.

Can’t say how accurate it will be but have you tried finding photo from Oblivion’s track (during construction) cropping just the bit you need, then putting the I magine through a RAL tracker, either online or through an app like ‘Color Picker’ yes it’s American.

Never been 100% black in my eyes. Always had a lead sort of tint to it.
There's a ral tracker.........I soo need to try thas out lol

It used to be a lighter shade of grey originally, but was painted a darker shade to be more in keeping with the Smiler.m when it opened. I don't think it's ever been completely black.

I think that's probably the closest I'm going to get to it ^^

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-19-10-59-44-691_com.roetteri.color.ral.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-19-10-59-44-691_com.roetteri.color.ral.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 44