• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oblivion: General Discussion

Sorry to take things off topic but regarding the idea of turning the old Oblivion shop into a walkthrough funhouse which I will say I add my support to such an idea, I'm curious to know how big it is on the inside and if there is any photos from above to get an idea of what could be put in there.

Sorry to take things off topic but regarding the idea of turning the old Oblivion shop into a walkthrough funhouse which I will say I add my support to such an idea, I'm curious to know how big it is on the inside and if there is any photos from above to get an idea of what could be put in there.
Here you go; :)

Screenshot_20220221-183141.png

I think it was on this thread I said a Ministry of Joy initiation facility would work perfectly in this space. Something for the slightly younger a crowd - a smoke and mirrors junior recruits sort of thing with a pre show.
The building is crying out for something like this, especially as most of the inside is now all boxed off
Think I said a while back that an extended mirror maze like Black Mirror Labrinth would be a good fit for that building. Would suit your idea nicely. :)

Yeah, with Merlin already having made one mirror maze at Thorpe and knowing that they often copy and paste several of the smaller attractions around their other locations and with the fact that Towers have already made use of a large space of an attraction in the shape of GG then I wouldn't be all that surprised if we see a mirror maze of some kind coming to Towers sooner than later or at the very least that space being used for an attraction of some kind.

Do that, replace Enterprise with a more up-to-date Enterprise 2G model, add another flat ride on the Submission site (for some reason I fancy the look of an Intamin Suspended Twin Hammer to go on the site, maybe Submission MK2 anyone?) and you'd see X-Sector pretty stacked going forward.

When Oblivion reaches the end of it's service life it will interesting to see what happens to the ride, as it would leave a massive hole (both figuratively and literally) in Towers' coaster line-up as they don't really another major coaster with a large drop like Oblivion's.

I'm sure they could replace it with a similar type of rollercoaster elsewhere, give it a 1:1 replacement akin to Nemesis, but personally I think a retrack which modernises the ride would be cool. They could update it with the current dive coaster technology and even enhance the ride

Personally I would keep the brand and essence of the ride but with a beyond-vertical drop and a helix and 270 degree roll, where Enterprise sits currently, before the brakes. I think that it would provide a great opportunity to modernise the theme as large parts of the queue line as it feels quite aged rather than feeling retro, giving it a more bespoke brutalist and Orwellian theme perhaps more akin to a scientific research facility testing various experiments of across different sciences, with Oblivion being the newest psychological experiment and the track colour alternating between orange and black and a new soundtrack incorporating elements of synth and heavy metal building the suspense as people climb the queue line.

So does anyone else have any whacky ideas for the future of Oblivion?

It would be interesting what they do when Oblivion goes, it’s not that big of foot print, unless you completely redo the area and everything around it.

Personally I would love to see it stay as Oblivion but would more elements added to the ride, like the modern dive coasters. But then again space is an issue (with the smiler there) and with it being at the very edge of the park, there’s no room for exspansion. You’ve then also got the planning issues around that end of the park.

Unsure if the owner of this video is on the forum, however an interesting video from Oblivions opening day posted this evening.

Interesting to see what look like some long forgotten strobes around the hole, presumably to light up the mist. I don’t think they lasted long as I do not recall them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you sure it's not just the on-ride camera flash? I don't remember there being any strobes.

Are you sure it's not just the on-ride camera flash? I don't remember there being any strobes.

There are (what appear to be) several black light fixtures around the hole itself which can be seen in various shots from 4:44 onwards. They seem to emitting a flickering light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The on ride photo used to be taken at the drop before it moved to the end just before the brake run. There were never any stoves as far as I can remember.

The on ride photo used to be taken at the drop before it moved to the end just before the brake run. There were never any stoves as far as I can remember.

Can see numerous of them clearly at 6:10 all around the hole, and the fixtures themselves at various other points in the video. Definitely not the camera flash. Anyway, dont suppose it is much of a discussion point - just an observation. Closed season is almost over

I think the biggest mistake of X sector was swapping the buildings as before in Fantasy world x cell was a restaurant with the fried chicken place been a arcade.
They could keep the photo area but build a bigger restaurant themed to the Ministry of joy with the arcade in its former building.
I not been on Oblivion since 2018 but I know there was always 2 sets of cameras on the ride. The camera on the drop just took a picture of the whole train with the other taking a close picture of u and the person next to u.

Can see numerous of them clearly at 6:10 all around the hole, and the fixtures themselves at various other points in the video.
You must have better eye sight than me as I rewatched and still don't see it 😂. However there were flashing red beacons around the fences. Is that what you're seeing?

If so I'm pretty sure they're still there, although possibly not all working.

You must have better eye sight than me as I rewatched and still don't see it 😂. However there were flashing red beacons around the fences. Is that what you're seeing?

If so I'm pretty sure they're still there, although possibly not all working.
No there are definitely what appear to be small strobe lights at the base of the structure that encapsulates the hole. Perhaps they were just there for opening season? They can’t have added much in broad daylight.

They still take a photo on the drop I think. There are two images, one of the whole car on the drop and one that picks out faces on the turn.