• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oblivion: General Discussion

Has anyone had chance to ask any of the ride staff what’s up with it? Or would it likely be a case of they’ve been told those seats are out of action without being told why?

It’s weird and like others I’m curious as to what the reason is.

I find it hard to believe that it has taken 24 years of operation for an issue with the safety envelope to be identified.
Plants / trees / shrubbery does grow over time - so if Towers "gardeners" have been a bit lax - possibly because Enterprise has not been present / operating... it's possible.

Could also be the Snowflake culture kicking in even more. Back when I worked at Towers we were told not to split groups up - so a group of 6 would invariably put themselves into two groups of 3 on Nemesis [pre-SRQ days]. So two wasted empty seats. If they did a 4+2, odds on you'd be able to fill those two seats.

I also remember the classic when I was bay-loading on Nemesis. Asked the guy how many in his party and he said "36 - and we are all going on the same train too". [This was when the separate front row queue had existed for years]. We "had words" and I was accused of varying things as I could not get 36 people into 28 seats - front row queue = the -4 seats.

If it was an issue with trees (or similar) having grown then it would have been easily resolved with some pruning. So I doubt that it is that. Whatever it is it needs sorting.
They'll probably rectify it over closed season.

Does anyone else find queue jumping pretty bad on Oblivion? When I went earlier this year, it was School trip season (so you expect some) but there were so many kids dipping into the fast track queue running up it then dipping back in near their friends. Which was causing other people to just do the same. Mentioned it to someone at the top who just shrugged and told me which lane to go down

Does anyone else find queue jumping pretty bad on Oblivion? When I went earlier this year, it was School trip season (so you expect some) but there were so many kids dipping into the fast track queue running up it then dipping back in near their friends. Which was causing other people to just do the same. Mentioned it to someone at the top who just shrugged and told me which lane to go down
Probably not helped by the style of the railings that separate the different queues. It's very easy for someone to duck under. Maybe Towers should replace it with better fencing or add mesh or something to it.

blivvy.jpg

I guess the two separate lines early on in the queue do make it easier to jump than the average queue.

Particularly given that there are gaps in the separating fence at certain points, as well as no clear indication of a line to be followed (the Fastrack queue is a separate thing entirely from the two lines in the main queue)…

I’m aware that this design dates back to when they used to batch each shuttle separately, so they had to split the two queues early on, but I do wonder whether it would be worth redesigning Oblivion’s queue now that this no longer occurs, because I’d argue that this design is now somewhat confusing given that it’s now just loads of random lines that aren’t really any different from each other and don’t really serve any purpose…

Last edited:

From: https://twitter.com/ThemeParkJackk/status/1620022515786743808?t=AAzrqiXQk_ErSNvK6MzqPw&s=19

A crane has appeared nearby Oblivion and the holding section before you drop in is covered with scaffolding!! Enterprise's Gondolas also seem to be put back in place!!

I know this is about Oblivion, but Enterprise's gondolas have been in that exact position since the Run Alton Towers event last November. The framework is still missing, nothing has changed in almost 3 months.

Crane looks nearer Smiler and Enterprise than Oblivion?
It does seem that way, but it's a bit of a coincidence that Oblovion is also covered in scaffolding while the Smilers area seems to be very inactive. The cranes purpose makes a lot more sense with being part of Oblivions TLC than The Smiler and Enterprise. I didn't know the Gondolas were in place that long ago sorry folks!

It does seem that way, but it's a bit of a coincidence that Oblovion is also covered in scaffolding while the Smilers area seems to be very inactive. The cranes purpose makes a lot more sense with being part of Oblivions TLC than The Smiler and Enterprise. I didn't know the Gondolas were in place that long ago sorry folks!
But the part that's scaffolded is accessible by humans on foot so can't see why they'd use it for that part of the ride?

But the part that's scaffolded is accessible by humans on foot so can't see why they'd use it for that part of the ride?
The scaffold probably wasn't carried up there, could have been but it's a bit of a mission !

I don't think that's their crane(?), off season you would typically have a myriad of jobs that require one so it's likely not there for one specific task.

There are cars on both rides, if they have taken them off entirely for inspection, it's likely doing the rounds.

The scaffold probably wasn't carried up there, could have been but it's a bit of a mission !

I don't think that's their crane(?), off season you would typically have a myriad of jobs that require one so it's likely not there for one specific task.

There are cars on both rides, if they have taken them off entirely for inspection, it's likely doing the rounds.
I know scaffolders who could carry that up in one go with their mother in law having a cup of tea on the top of it