• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oblivion "Mist"

Towseriv said:
It's not the hands free that's the issues is it? What if whatever it was attached to broke free and injured someone on the ride, the gp below or worse the ride itself?

Pillock

Understand what you are saying, but really gopro with chest mount is designed for much more than oblivion ride. I would much more worry about people wearing glasses.

As a professional filmmaker I have of course full public liability insurance - just in case - but more important I have common sense to not do anything what can cause any harm to anybody.

Perhaps the insult was a tad harsh however this is an unofficial video and regardless how talented the poster is its still not needed.

No matter how clever and talented imagine contacting you insurer because you some how damaged the ride? Not exactly cheap. Imagine you do injure a person, is the fact your covered peace of mind for the damage you could cause to health? Of course not.

There are plenty of official shots out there and amateur or not only the park should do these kind if shots, just my opinion granted.

Towseriv said:
There are plenty of official shots out there and amateur or not only the park should do these kind if shots, just my opinion granted.

As you know there is plenty of official photos/videos of the park as well incl. The Smiler construction. There is strict rule about using any footage from the park - YOU NEED TO HAVE LOCATION RELEASE signed to use/publish this footage. In fact there is plenty unofficial pictures - Is any body else asked if Alton Towers wish to have those pictures published?

As I am saying - possibility of destroy the ride or harm anybody by using gopro with chest mount is a way smaller than crashing airplane during taking photos of the smiler site. So this is not a valid point for me. We can still discuss legal side of taking and publishing pictures without location release signed, but this is a topic for perhaps different thread.

Could we get back to the topic at hand in here please, issues surrounding on ride POVs etc etc are clearly for another topic or to discussed privately :). In terms of on ride video/photos, TowersStreet does not condone anyone taking any on ride photography unless full and proper permission has been obtained from the park. This is regardless of whether this was a mounted camera, handheld or from someone with liability insurance.

Also, could I remind people of the Member Expectations as there were some disrespectful posts in here which have now been removed.

I better take my coat off next time in case Towseriv gets all official on my ass.

Towseriv said:
It's not the hands free that's the issues is it? What if whatever it was attached to broke free and injured someone on the ride, the gp below or worse the ride itself?

I love how concern for the ride is top priority here!

regarding the amount of mist. I think it is totally down to when and weather conditions.
The following image was taken last Saturday just after a car had gone through. As you can see there is plenty of mist
P1040206.JPG

Funky_Monk said:
Towseriv said:

I love how concern for the ride is top priority here!

Just to clarify I was meaning damage the tide and that car on the track have an issues.

The mist is essential to the overall atmosphere of the ride to be honest.

Wow, it looks so good now with the thick mist and Oblivion's newly painted track, you really get an awesome colour contrast.

Shame about that crappy toothed door though, why is it not painted silver like it should be??? As it is it looks really cheap and nasty.