• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Obscure European Parks news and updates.

MattyH

TS Member
Favourite Ride
GIIBBB
I'd thought I'd create a new thread for updatres and news from obscure European parks, since we have a UK thread. If you find anything that doesn't deserve it's own thread but would be out of place in other threads.

Tivoli Frieheden in Denmark have announced the replacement for Cobra as a Gerstlauer Eurofighter.

Bellewarde in Belgium have announced the opening of a new Kiddy coaster for 2024. The park removed a Tivoli Large family coaster in 2022, so this is probably the replacement. If it's going where we think it's going then it's a fairly large space.

Balparc in France have closed for a year. When they reopen the aim is to attract family and older visitors. The park will be known as Fééryland.

In Kid'zland in Switzerland they've opened a new SBF Visa Wacky Worm
https://rcdb.com/20451.htm

Some interesting news from random parks, but my main focus is the Gerst Eurofighter which is pretty much the perfect replacement for Cobra, as what else fits into a small compact space?

Curious to see what else people find.

Eurofighter for Cobra's site is a brilliant idea. Can't reopen that ride after what happened really.

Eurofighter for Cobra's site is a brilliant idea. Can't reopen that ride after what happened really.
I mean ... it's pretty shocking that it reopened after the first accident in order to pave the way for the second !

A Eurofighter feels like a good fit, we've definitely seen a slowdown in those being built, they were everywhere for a good number of years.

I mean ... it's pretty shocking that it reopened after the first accident in order to pave the way for the second !

A Eurofighter feels like a good fit, we've definitely seen a slowdown in those being built, they were everywhere for a good number of years.

They've built a new Sartori invert that's travelling as well

A small German Park in Baden-Wuttemberg seem to be replacing their current Zierer Tivoli Oval layout coaster with a ART engineering coaster for 2024.

It is over 30 years old and in its 3rd park. It'll probably go to the ME and live on for another 20 years

Wasn't sure where to post this so apologies if it's not the right place, but it appears that RMC will be announcing a new steel coaster type on Friday;

image0.png

Note the T-rex on the right side...

How's this for obscure?

Drouwenerzand Attrractiepark in Drenthe, Netherlands has announced plans for a new coaster in 2024 to replace the jungle coaster (https://rcdb.com/2944.htm).

According to this article from Loopings the new coaster will be longer and need to cut into the surrounding terrace, For the theme, the owner is thinking of the Hunebed Highway, the tourist name given to the provincial road N34.

They're also looking to build two other rides but seem to be struck with manufacturing delays seen across Europe recently.

Maybe without the weird jolt like the London one where they've clearly raised the track to get clearance underneath for a walkway

Edelwies Park in Bavaria have been conducting a guest survey this year whic mentions they're building a new coaster next year. They currently have an Alpine Coaster.

Meanwhile, Tiki Leku which seems to have mainly been a childrens play area from a quick google have a coaster that appears to have been built in house and potentially opened last year. There's limited info on this surprisingly.