• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

October 2023 - Mini W. European Trip (solo)

loftyloftylofty

TS Member
G'day all, I hope you are well.

My cousin and I (he has just dropped out due to work!) have planned a little road trip in October - 18-24th:

Train to Calais and Plops for a couple of hours then onto Phantasialand for the next day -> a second day at Phantasialand or Movie World DE -> Walibi Belgium -> Nigloland -> Parc Asterix -> back home the following day. A total of 6 park days and we are planning on using express where ever possible to leave plenty of time for the drives.

If any fun souls are around and fancy a coffee and some rides, please let me know, as currently I am on my own! It would be fantastic to meet up with like-minded enthusiasts, and if anyone has any tips I would love to hear them.

I am keeping the Movie World option open, just in case a second day at Phantasialand is warranted; I can't seem to find much info on crowd levels in October.

Nigloland I have no clue about crowd levels at all, it always seems quiet from my research but it will be half-term so I am a little wary, same with Asterix.

Should I expect many ride closures during this period? From the park calendars (except Phantasialand) it appears that these are the final weeks of their season, so I am unsure if this will likely lead to more closures or less.

And any great spots for food near the parks would be most welcome!

I've been to Plopsland many times, and Phantsialand when I was 5 or 6 but I can't remember it.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• Oct Road Trip.png
    Oct Road Trip.png
    3 MB · Views: 13
If you've done Plopsa a lot I'd bin that and do Movie Park that day. Phantasia is a 2 day park for the best experience, where as MP is a 1/2 to 1 day park at most.

Good suggestion, I was planning on only spending a couple of hours at Plopsa to break up the drive (same day) from London to Phantasialand.

Movie Park doesn't close until 22:00 on the day I could attend. So I could potentially do that morning at Phantasialand, then the hour-long drive to Movie Park for the rest of the afternoon/evening.

But that would then probably mean breaking up the drive that night/morning to Walibi B. Not the end of the world, but I do like my zzzzzz.

It's not a great loss to bin Movie Park as @John says. Ops are poor so any crowds and I imagine it's mayhem.

Might be better to drop Phantasia and make it a trip in of itself with Movie Park (works out well for a short trip, fly to Koln, 2 days at Phantasia and a day at MP) and maybe go Walibi Belgium, down to Walygator and then across to Niglo? Chuck in Fraspertius City if you're wanting some extra parks and/or go to J'ardin in Paris before Asterix. Should hopefully break up the driving a bit as well between Walibi and Niglo. Not the greatest parks on Earth but might work better if Niglo is a priority.

That 97% packed does not sound fun. However, this will be the equivalent Friday, which was at 16% so it might be possible.

Unfortunately, I don't normally get much free time to do this sort of thing, luckily my young family are away with my partner's side of the family for those days so I have a pass!

Walygator sounds plausible though. Would you rate this over Movie Park?