• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Offers, Deals and Vouchers

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

Scott

Former TS Team Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
So, another year and another set of vouchers and deals will soon start to crop up!

If you spot an offer, or a deal for Alton (and any other Merlin attractions) then post it in here...

First up: The Sun seems to have started a 2 for 1 voucher campaign in their daily paper. Not sure if its a token collect kind of thing but they're in there somewhere.

Re: 2013: Offers, Deals and Vouchers

I really wish they'd run the main promotion in a different newspaper, apart from The S(cum)un.

Why all the 2-for-1's? Just make park entry cheaper and the need for these will reduce dramatically ;)

^ A few reasons. Having the vouchers make people feel they are getting a good deal. Plus, it's advertising for the theme park and creating brand awareness about merlons attractions. The danger is, however, the more of these deals there are, people start to treat these prices as the actual entry price and the idea of a getting a good deal is wasted.

The idea of getting a good deal is wasted.. However people still look for the entry fees and are constantly reminded of the attraction when going shopping, even if subliminally.

Swings and roundabouts, but it must work well for them otherwise they wouldn't do it!

BBYy7tFCMAA-efV.jpg

The Sun today.

2013: Offers, Deals and Vouchers

Ooohh how do you enter?
I didn't get the sun today :(

It was a text enter based competition that closed at 23:59 on Thursday! :( I entered six times on various phones, don't think I won! :(

can the sun deal tickets be used anytime during the band period or are they link to a set day?

Nope, you're allocated a specific day in which the tickets are valid for. Unfortunately you do not get a choice in date, so it's pot luck with the date you get within your chosen band.

^ On that point, you're also not guaranteed your first choice date band. Tickets equally are non-transferable so you're 'stuck' with whatever date you have.

Coke zone have BOGOF is you save your coke bottles and enter the numbers you can download and print the vouchers at home.

Kellogg's have released another voucher, however this one is only available on certian cereals. Some Kellogg's cereals are advertising 2 For 1, however some are giving out vouchers where adults go free, when either an adult, or child ticket is brought! ;D What I find odd though is that this voucher is not advertised on the Kellogg's website, only the BOGOF ones are :/

If you have O2 Moments you can get a 2 for 1 voucher by loading up the App while at towers.

To Celebrate Splash Landing's 10th Birthday Alton Towers posted this on Facebook:

Here's a 50 hour sale offering 50% off Hotel rooms to celebrate Splash Landings 10th Anniversary. Selected dates in the next 2 weeks - limited availability! Visit Alton Towers or call 0871 222 1100 and use code Facebook50 for your exclusive discount!

I just priced one up and it came back for £84 for next Friday night, so a decent offer ;D

It's a brilliant offer will be looking to book I think :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.