• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Opening day chaos! !

themeparkfan

TS Member
Guys I've been waiting for 30 mins In queue to get share the fun ticket and queues are not moving! ! Poorly organised I hope they stay open till 6 because it's going to be well after 11:30 before we are in!! AT do you want customers? ??

Looks like they are having a infrastructure overload with the amount of guests arriving.
Trying to get red wristband and stuck in queue trying to keep daughter amused.
Bloke i was chatting to infront of me has given up waiting to buy 2 platinum fastracks.

Oh dear...

32796163334_bb92227717_z.jpg

Fair play to them for extending the opening hours. It can probably be a bit of a ball-ache logistically. Good work. Hopefully they'll be able to operate in this way during the summer months as well on those days when everyone knows it's just a great day to stay open at least an hour longer. I'm perfectly happy to slam them for their shortcomings but I'll equally very happily praise them for positive moves which give visitors a better day out.

If anything was open, it would have been relatively quiet.

The parks looking great but at times I felt like I was at American Adventure. Poor reliability really puts into perspective how alarmingly they've gutted the park. It's a park of 6 rollercoasters of varying quality, and CBeebies land, and Hex. Closures of secondary rides never really bothered me until today.

Who would have imagined after Merlin's takeover we'd be here a few years later. After a few really good years, we really seem to be stuck in a mid-2000s Six Flags time-warp. Does anyone see a renewed sense of hope on the horizon or are we slowly slipping into a perpetual cycle of poor operations, terrible maintenance and short-term fixes?

Same opening day issues they have had every year since the 90's. Ride availability was a bit worse than usual and the new Merlin ticketing software is terrible but I can't say the park felt chaotic.

Reactions: Rob
The operations today across the board were pretty much shambolic. Advertised queue for the octonauts was 30 mins ended up waiting nearly an hour, longest dispatch ran at over 5 mins!

The operations today across the board were pretty much shambolic. Advertised queue for the octonauts was 30 mins ended up waiting nearly an hour, longest dispatch ran at over 5 mins!

As said same stuff that happens every opening day compounded by a busier than usual first day. There are hundreds of staff who have had a few weeks training suddenly having to deal with 10,000 guests.

Only difference to every other year was what ever balls-up was happening at the entrance and the ride availability which was poor.

the new Merlin ticketing software is terrible

It's off the shelf software from Accesso that has been used at Thorpe Park for the last two seasons already so they shouldn't have that many issues... I assume it's mainly the difficulty of having to train everyone ready for opening day.

Rita's dispatching on 1 train was shambolic, as was Nemesis stacking each time.

Th13teen hosts pretty unprofessional (dispatch there pretty shoddy too).

All hosts really should be passed off on their ride come opening day.

It really wasn't good enough. Wonder how morale is at the place currently.

Nemesis seemed to be running fairly efficiently each time I rode. Thirteen on 2 trains for whatever reason and with a long queue. Rita queue looked horrendous.

You should let my under height limit kid ride

Oh I remember THOSE parents from the attraction I used to work at. "Can he go on the ride if I SAY he can?" "What if he sits on my lap?" "Those rules are only a suggestion, right? They're just to cover your back."

The amount of times I had to explain to customers how ride safety systems work, and the operational laws surrounding them, was unreal. They still walked away acting like I was being discriminatory.

Oh also, obtusely large people who ignore all the signs which state people of larger dimensions probably won't be able to get into the safety restrains. Then they blame us for embarrassing them by asking them to get off.

Those were the days. There'll always be a place in my heart for ride operators.