• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Parc Astérix 2014: new area, 25th birthday

Sam

TS Member
Spotted by Martyn B on CF.

Pretparkkriebels said:
Parc Asterix is ​​working on new theme area for 25th birthday
For its 25th anniversary next year, builds a Idefix Asterix attraction in a new theme area.

Next year the French Asterix blows out 25 candles and that includes a new attraction. Currently still working in secret and all, the project is still in draft form. Yet light general manager of the park, Pascal Fliche already a corner of the veil in a report of France5.

That Parc Asterix wants to promote a great novelty for its 25th anniversary in 2014, has been a while known . But what exactly is that novelty, is still a mystery. Pascal Fliche, dircteur of the park, or already gave away that it was going to be a new theme area. Fliche told in a report of the program C'est notre affaire even the new zone will be themed after the famous dog from the French film history: Idefix.

Last year opened Parc Asterix even a new themed area and made the largest investment in its history. Then even The amusement park when invested 20 million euros in the thematic area of ​​Egypt. That investment led to an increase in the number of visitors with 200,000 visitors.

LjxaeYs.gif

Given that they seem to have announced this for next year, and it being their 25th birthday, surely this has to be more major than a new kids' area? Maybe it'll include a major new dark ride of some kind, or a heavily themed family coaster?

MASSIVE BUMP ALERT!

Work on this new area has begun, and it's the end of the line for Ronde des Rondins, the infamously hard to find Tivoli (small):

230054d1379545201-2014-neuheit-idefix-kinderbereich-parc-asterix-541813_521671601249308_1417560190_n.jpg

A sad day for all the credit whores (including myself) who never managed to work out where this little coaster actually was, let alone ride it. Whilst the area is expected to house several new rides, there are apparently no plans for a replacement coaster.

Aw, ballcocks! Being a credit whore who's never been to the park before, I was looking forward to another cruddy kiddy coaster on the junket trip. :(

If its Idefix (Dogmatix) themed, then I suspect a kids area.

:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

John said:
MASSIVE BUMP ALERT!

Work on this new area has begun, and it's the end of the line for Ronde des Rondins, the infamously hard to find Tivoli (small):

230054d1379545201-2014-neuheit-idefix-kinderbereich-parc-asterix-541813_521671601249308_1417560190_n.jpg

A sad day for all the credit whores (including myself) who never managed to work out where this little coaster actually was, let alone ride it. Whilst the area is expected to house several new rides, there are apparently no plans for a replacement coaster.

NOOO! We managed to break it last year by putting all us heavy adults in the back, the train fell back down the lift hill and we were stranded just outside the station.

A sad day. :'(

What a shame. I loved that ride when I was little.

Credit (second from back...hopefully obviously)
asterix.jpg

Work has begun in this area. It is now closed till the end of the season.
As said, it will be a Idéfix (Dogmatix) kids area.
I just cant understand why they are selling La ronde des rondins, as with a retheme it would fit perfectly in a kids area.
We are expecting 2 or 3 new small rides :
Nothing sure but it is most supposed to be :
- A jump around Zamperla
- A mini-flume (Intamin?)

the 3rd one, if it exists is unknow at the moment.

An Intamin flume? Good luck is all I have to say to them :p

Hmmm. Zamperla Fest 2014 then from the look of a couple of those sketches? At least I guess we can be fairly confident they'll be themed well :p

Yay! Astérix! I love the music and humour of this park, it's in a class of its own for that!

Can't wait to return in April, and check out the new area (I am sure it'll be amazingly themed), re-ride Oz'Iris, Défi de Caesar and of course, the mighty Tonnerre de Zeus.

:D