• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Parc Astérix: General Discussion

I wouldn't be surprised if Paultons eventually end up properly themeing Edge anyway.

I’m not a massive fan of Disko Coasters. They spend the majority of the ride speeding up and slowing down and they aren’t especially comfortable. But that theming is fantastic.

Saw on TPR that it's going to be a Gerstlauer similar to Firechaser Express at Dollywood!

Saw on TPR that it's going to be a Gerstlauer similar to Firechaser Express at Dollywood!

Some more information I found on the ride confirming it's similar to Firechaser
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://guide-parc-attractions.fr/parc-asterix-nouveaute-2017/&edit-text=&act=url

It also shows concept art which may suggest the tops spin in the Egypt area isn't completely dead and a possible future flying coaster to replace Goudurix?

Some higher quality concept art:

Source: Androland

Impressive!

EDIT:

These images don't seem to be showing correctly so please follow the link to see them.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks great, it should be a concept Chessington should consider, low hieght and family fun also you can put a story to it too.

It would be a great fit for parc astrix, it is another coaster that sits in the middle between thrill and kiddie.

This afternoon 'Wonder World' have reported on Facebook that the first rails for Pégase Express have arrived on site at the park.

90698704c5e8480da8e0f11c4a2e665a.jpg
(Image: Wonder World)

I'm interested to see this progress, I think it's just the kind of coaster missing for Asterix's line up and Firechaser looks like a great ride, here's to this being just as good. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reports coming in this evening from Parks & Coasters Worldwide showing progress on Pégase Express. A fairly large portion of track is now in place and looking good!

4cc85210185ff272d52420b42d243d19.jpg

32fca7f70daded372b1e9028657bb2d3.jpg
(Images: Parks & Coasters Worldwide)

It's by no means going to be huge with intense thrills, but it will certainly fill a gap at Asterix. It's certainly one to watch for this year!

It's a somewhat unusual colour scheme as well! Looks pretty good though, I doubt it will be anything to shout home about but looks to be a fun and fairly long family coaster. Definitely needed as Asterix.

:)

I'm in Paris in May and will be heading to Asterix for a few hours. I have been poking around to see if this would be open but it appears not, as it states a June 2017 opening.

https://freizeitparknewsnrw.de/news...rtige-achterbahn-wird-im-juni-2017-eroeffnet/

There is a description of the ride which I will put in spoiler tags as you may/may not want to know about it.

Pegasus Express is a family-runway with several drive systems: with classic Lifthills but also with catapult drive, forward and backward!One third of the attraction is driven backwards, making Pegasus Express a unique attraction in Europe. The distance of just under one kilometer begins with a catapult, which accelerates the train very quickly. A Lifthill takes the train to a height of 21 meters. In the course of the itinerary, several Airtime Hille, sloping curves and spirals follow, passing through the attraction "Romus et Rapidus".After a second 13 meters high, Lifthill is past a monumental poster that invites you to enter the legend.

You will then find yourself at the entrance of a mysterious temple of the Medusa. Their hair consists of intertwined snakes and they have the power to petrify any mortal who looks into their eyes. The train drawn by Pegasus has no other possibility than to drive away again.The ride ends with a backcountry pylon after a switch changes the direction, which allows visitors to avoid being transformed into statues by Medusa.

The train travels a second time over the attraction "Romus et Rapidus" before he arrives again at the station. The trip from Pegasus Express will take 3 minutes.

Removed from the below summary and added here;
• One third of the route is driven backwards

Type: family train (from 1m accompanied)
• Travel time: 3 minutes
• Maximum speed: 52 km / h
• Manufacturer: Gerstlauer Amusement Rides GmbH
• 2 Lifthills: 1. 21 meters high / 2. 13 meters high
• Line length : 928 meters.
• 4 trains of 10 cars of 2 persons (20 persons per train)
• Station 17 meters high, 24 meters wide
• Budget: 16 million €

Looks like a decent addition, but what is it with Gerstlauer coasters practically stalling at several points during the ride?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk