• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Parc Astérix : Goudurix Retracking

Can't exactly tell how rough a ride is from a relatively poorly done POV mind...

Then again, a couple of dodgy jolts aside, I don't think Goudrix is that bad... Certainly smoother than Space Mountain down the road...

Bear said:
What's next then? Leave it be until the TUV bring it up again, knock it down, or re-track it properly?

To be fair, as just said the POV doesn't really give a great insight, especially given it's not mounted. If the laterals are indeed down to 1G as Pedro said above I would imagine that'll be enough to keep TÜV happy for another few years.

If they really wanted to do something about any remaining roughness and vibrations I'd have though Vekoma vest restraints would be the way to go. Keep the ride wild with a reduced risk of injury from head/neck bashing :)

I do have a real soft spot for the ride. Trapped amongst the crappyness is a fantastic ride screaming to be let out :p

Is it just me who's a bit concerned that TUV seem to be interfering with coasters a bit too much these days? It's obviously important that ride companies conform to their standards when it comes to the safety of the ride hardware but I don't like the idea that they're limiting how fast a coaster can be run or specifying what forces are acceptable.

I know for example that they ordered that the trims be put back on EGF. Surely it's up to Intamin to decide what the maximum acceptable speed is, not some third party regulatory body. EGF without trims is in no way dangerous and forces have to be huge before they're any real risk to the rider. It's almost as if TUV have a limit to how intense a coaster can be.

A standards agency such as TUV should cover ride safety and that should be it, they have no place dictating the nature of a ride. Even if Goudurix was a bit jolty (I personally didn't find it that bad), it was never a risk to its riders and this has set a worrying precedent.

Trims seem to be the in thing these days. I could be wrong, but I think pretty much every major coaster (at least with steel) built world wide in the last five years has trims somewhere. If Nemesis was built today, it would be trimmed to hell. :'(
I hate them, they neuter the ride. Perfect example being Th13teen.

There were no trims on EGF last week. TÜV have always been one of the strictest bodies around really, but thankfully they seem to operate on the principle of common sense: "We've made the product what we deem safe. Anything that happens now is your problem" :p