• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Park 'habits'

Laura

TS Member
Favourite Ride
blue fire Megacoaster
What are some (potentially odd) things that you always do at theme parks?

Here's my list:

1. Always read the ride info board and look at all the little warning pictures. Check for the phrase 'You may get wet on this ride.'

2. Never wear jeans to parks, because I once read (when I was about 11) that denim took longer to dry than other fabric types, and that would not be good on water rides. Even if the park doesn't have any water rides I plan to go on, I still do this.

3. Always wash my hair as soon as I get back from a park, as when I was younger my mum would always say I smelled of fumes!

4. Think that I 'feel like' I am 'riding all over again' when I get home, as I used to get very dizzy and clumsy after a day on park when I was much younger. Although I don't get this any more, the phrase still enters my head.

5. Feel like I should be annoyed if there is any kind of queue for the entrance.

I've got into the habit of trying to explore somewhere I've never been to before whilst at Towers over the past year. This has lead to finding the abandoned toilets in the gardens, although I can't really say I've developed a habit of using them.

There's a lot of personal etiquette involved in water rides. I urge anyone to watch those embarking on Congo River Rapids or the Lost River Ride at Flamingo Land; people do all kinds of crazy things to protect their hair, clothes and belongings. Some of the questions asked to ride staff are most peculiar. :)

Running. Theme parks I tend to run and never do it elsewhere

Also I mentally 'batch' people into groups and work out how many trains until we board / enter the station

Always go to parks in jeans

Never wear a coat as such, might wear a waterproof occasionally but it is rare. (The fact is I don't own a coat :p)

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

Poison Tom 96 said:
Also I mentally 'batch' people into groups and work out how many trains until we board / enter the station

Yes, I do this too! Every queue I'm in. I also make people in my group stand in the order that we're getting on the ride.

1. Attempting to ride the second car of Saw, and always ending up on the first car. I still have not seen the jigsaw scene at the beginning!
2. Analyzing toilets for the cleanest seat
3. Riding the carousel
4. Walking instead of running

HaydenCR said:
2. Analyzing toilets for the cleanest seat
This reminds me - always point out the 'toilet' scene in Duel! Even if I'm with the person who first pointed it out to me!