• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Park Hours: Updates and Discussion

Well yes correct well done on that one. Doesn't mean it'll stay at 4 and given that 3 weeks worth of 4pm closes have changed recently, it seems like an educated guess to assume it'll happen with future 4pm closes

They've been doing 4pm closures for the last five years, so it could also be reasonable to assume they won't be extended.

The point is they really should have the hours set out a month in advance.

Well yes correct well done on that one. Doesn't mean it'll stay at 4 and given that 3 weeks worth of 4pm closes have changed recently, it seems like an educated guess to assume it'll happen with future 4pm closes

This is so wide of the point.

Guess. You think people should plan hundreds of miles of journey on a guess?

The park have had LOADS of 4PM closes I recent times, you'd have to be an idiot to look at the posted hours and plan around those not being the hours for your visit.

This is so wide of the point.

Guess. You think people should plan hundreds of miles of journey on a guess?

The park have had LOADS of 4PM closes I recent times, you'd have to be an idiot to look at the posted hours and plan around those not being the hours for your visit.
Well simply don't go then. But if you're not going then you have no reason to be bothered about the opening hours

But the reason for not going is BECAUSE people are bothered about the opening hours.
Well that's not towers problem. Only reason they can get away with 10-4 openings is because a lot of people locally (hour drive max) will go then as it'll be quieter so it justifies the journey whereas for people further away it doesn't

Last edited:
Well simply don't go then. But if you're not going then you have no reason to be bothered about the opening hours

Well that's not towers problem. Only reason they can get away with 10-4 openings is because a lot of people locally (hour drive max) will go then as it'll be quieter be the journey justifies thr journey whereas for people further away it doesn't

Are you saying , @Ethan, that you can't see or understand the opinion of others not in a similar position to you? This has come as real shock to me.

It's impossible to respond to such broken logic without being rude, so I won't.

The problem is if it says 4pm closure, you can't guarantee it will be extended. Yes it might extend to 5pm but equally it might not. You aren't going to travel a long distance on a gamble ("that's what they've done before so they'll do it this time").

If the park intends to open until 5pm they should say that in advance. People can then travel with confidence.

Well that's not towers problem. Only reason they can get away with 10-4 openings is because a lot of people locally (hour drive max) will go then as it'll be quieter be the journey justifies thr journey whereas for people further away it doesn't

What are you on about?

They put in 10-4 hours as the park was quiet following the Smiler incident. It's got nothing to do with locals and journey lengths or anything.
But in 2021 due to the pandemic changing leisure options mainly due to no international travel, more people are visiting than they were in the five years prior.
So when previously weekdays were getting shorter waits for rides, they aren't any more and most people would therefore rather have a longer day so you feel you can get everything done, or take some time to enjoy the park more.

Are you saying , @Ethan, that you can't see or understand the opinion of others not in a similar position to you? This has come as real shock to me.

It's impossible to respond to such broken logic without being rude, so I won't.
The logic is if you don't like the opening hours because it's not worth the travelling then don't go. Don't need to constantly moan on here about the hours

I love it on here for the entertaining discussion...
That isn't the point Ethan, it is not knowing what the hours will actually be in advance that is the issue.
Anyway...
Be thankful that it is Alton and not the Beach.
We close at five,
unless it is a bit wet,
or windy,
or quiet,
or if we have the bingo on,
or just if.

Don't forget that back in 2019 we lost 30 minutes of ERT and totally completely lost the ERT all together during the last couple of seasons due to covid. So for pass holders, ATR hotel guest and pre-booked tickets get even less hours in recent times
Mind you, all this season (and I think the back end of last) they open the turnstiles around 9am to avoid crowds at the entrance. While rides don't officially open until 10, I've been there when some have opened early. Not officially ERT but I really hope this carries on post-social distancing because I think it really works well in allowing you to get to the area you want to be in ready for official ride opening times.

Mind you, all this season (and I think the back end of last) they open the turnstiles around 9am to avoid crowds at the entrance. While rides don't officially open until 10, I've been there when some have opened early. Not officially ERT but I really hope this carries on post-social distancing because I think it really works well in allowing you to get to the area you want to be in ready for official ride opening times.

I would guess as soon as ERT comes back, guests who are not entitled to it will be held at the end of Tower St, so you won't be able to get to other areas unless you get ERT.

I would guess as soon as ERT comes back, guests who are not entitled to it will be held at the end of Tower St, so you won't be able to get to other areas unless you get ERT.
That sounds like too much of a faff to be honest, I think they'll either bring ERT back and get strict again on letting guests in early - ie pre-covid times, or scrap ERT (as we know it, it could morph into a different system) and keep it as it currently is.

I’d scrap ERT for MAP holders and just keep it for hotel guests. Open some rides at the FV side of the park for ERT so hotel guests enter via Galatica gate and that means you can still let day guests enter via the main entrance early if the crowds build. By the time they would have walked all the way to FV ERT would be over anyway, so no need to have to check tickets or hold guests back etc.

I’d scrap ERT for MAP holders and just keep it for hotel guests. Open some rides at the FV side of the park for ERT so hotel guests enter via Galatica gate and that means you can still let day guests enter via the main entrance early if the crowds build. By the time they would have walked all the way to FV ERT would be over anyway, so no need to have to check tickets or hold guests back etc.
I hope towers see that as it's a good idea. :p:)

That sounds like too much of a faff to be honest, I think they'll either bring ERT back and get strict again on letting guests in early - ie pre-covid times, or scrap ERT (as we know it, it could morph into a different system) and keep it as it currently is.

Back when Towers Street restaurant was still a thing and serving breakfast they often allowed guests in as far as Towers Street and only those with ERT were allowed further on.

I think some kind of ERT might come back for hotel guests at least, but maybe it will be enter via the Galactica gate or woodland walk only? Personally I think evening ERT on Nemesis / Galactica for hotel guests would be good, with the Rollercoaster Restaurant open.

Morning ERT needs to include CBeebies land though, I expect that would be a big selling point for the hotel to those with younger kids.

Please don't mess with the ERT or give them any ideas.

We need to bring back ERT for the full hour, however I do have this horrible feeling that ERT won't be making a return at anytime in the future

Last edited:
Please don't mess with the ERT or give them any ideas.

We need to bring back ERT for the full hour, however I do have this horrible feeling that ERT won't be making a return at anytime in the future

I would be very surprised if it doesn't come back for hotel guests.

But for passholders I imagine the entire set of benefits might get redefined again.

I have found this topic so amusing that I went back a couple of pages to read it all again, and spotted a little something.

Look, I know people are disagreeing with each other and that's fine. But can we try and be at least a little more respectful in here? Thanks!

You made Craig get up in the middle of the night to wag the finger.

My two pennorth, they should not be doing any 4pm closes, ever.
It smacks of cheap corner cutting.
It also makes the Stoke rush hour worse.