Park Hours: Updates and Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AstroDan, 3rd Jul 2019.

1. Steve74

Steve74 TowersStreet Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the isolation system is causing them a headache too, like many other businesses. Now that the app has been tweaked to a 48hr period, the number of isolations should fall and they should fall even further from the 16th when the strict rule of having to isolate even when you've been double-vaccinated ends - granted that may not have a major effect straight away given a fair percentage of their workforce are younger and may not have had their second jab yet.

2. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

Dungeons tickets and time slots have now been released for September/October, these often give a good indication of the ride close times.

For the week between schools going back and Oktoberfest starting the last Dungeons slot is 3.30pm which is usually the set up for 4pm closes.

However for all the Oktoberfest dates the last slot is 6pm, good news for the chances that later openings will be maintained for the 2nd year of the event.

3. Danscott22

Danscott22 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Falcon's Fury
    Just had a quick look at that, looks like we could see a post 6:30 close then during Oktoberfest, as I've never seen the Dungeon and the theme park close at the same time (as in the Dungeon times always finish substantially before the park close)

AudioEngineer974, AT86 and Skyscraper like this.
  4. AudioEngineer974

AudioEngineer974 TowersStreet Member

Very encouraging, great spot noticing the Dungeon tickets have been released Danscott22

5. Jaybomuso

Jaybomuso TowersStreet Member

This has made my day!

Skyscraper likes this.
  6. Danscott22

Danscott22 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Falcon's Fury
    It was actually @AT86 that noticed I can’t take credit for that! Just building on what I remember the Dungeon usually closing prior to the theme park. To me this hints Oktoberfest will see 7pm closes across the board possibly, maybe 8pm on a weekend.

AudioEngineer974 and Skyscraper like this.
  7. Jaybomuso

For anyone who has been to Oktoberfest last year, do the longer opening hours on the weekdays mean longer queues though?

Skyscraper likes this.
  8. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

On our weekday visit last year for Oktoberfest we didn’t queue longer than about 25mins all day.

Jaybomuso likes this.
  9. Jaybomuso

This is the best news! It feels like I've picked the perfect day to go. Just hope the weather is good now as well!

10. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

Trip report here if it is of any interest:
    https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/oktoberfest-weds-16th-september.5577/

Of course it doesn’t mean this year will be the same experience, but I am certainly hopeful that queues will be reasonable midweek during September.

George Williams likes this.
  11. George Williams

George Williams TowersStreet Member

I'm going on the 14th and 15th of September, if the hours get extended then that's brilliant but mainly I'm just hoping for it being much less busy with shorter queues

jmc and Jaybomuso like this.
  12. Jaybomuso

Yeah I'm going on the 17th September and hoping for the same

13. George Williams

George Williams TowersStreet Member

Hours for September have been extended open until 7pm on Friday Saturday and Sunday and 5pm in mid week

Jaybomuso and Austin Towers like this.
  14. Austin Towers

Austin Towers TowersStreet Member

And 7 PM for midweek on the first week in Sept when I'm due to go. An extra 6 hours over 2 days. I'm a happy bunny.

Rick likes this.
  15. AudioEngineer974

AudioEngineer974 TowersStreet Member

Interestingly, you can still book Dungeon tickets for 6pm on days which show the park closing at 5pm!

AT86 likes this.
  16. Jaybomuso

Do you think it has been extended on the Friday because they know it will be busy i.e. lots have people have bought tickets in advance like me?

JAperson likes this.
  17. JAperson

JAperson TowersStreet Member

Yes it will be a combination of them knowing how busy it is and knowing if they have the staff. Clearly the have both so have extended the hours.

Tom likes this.
  18. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

No, its because Oktoberfest is on.

Danscott22 and Skyscraper like this.
  19. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

This week and next week were originally scheduled to be 10am-4pm closes, however this has now been extended to 5pm.

Quite surprising considering how quiet the period between Oktoberfest and Scarefest usually is. Great to see more of those 4pm closes consigned to history though.

Jim, Ethan, JAperson and 2 others like this.
  20. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

Completely pointless being open until 5 today so doesn't make much sense from a business point of view