• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Park Hours: Updates and Discussion

Nah Duel opened at 11 with the Rapids long before the staggered openings were introduced.

I've never heard of Duel opening later before?

The water rides have almost always opened at 11 and that makes some sense, people don't want to get soaked until it warms up a bit.

But the days of areas of the park being opened at staggered times stopped before covid and I don't recall Duel being weird back then.

Duel, RMT and Rapids opened at 11am for a good chunk of the 2019 season. It wasn’t as bad as the hideous staggered openings in 2018, but it did still exist for a while that year.

Meant to be a warm weekend… still 5PM at the moment

Yet a week tomorrow it’s open til 6… eh?!

It’ll come down to prebooks. They have extended today (and the next few Fridays) to 5pm but left this weekend at 5 - so I guess the prebooks are low enough to justify leaving it as it is.

Having been on park the last 2 days they felt pretty much identical in terms of how busy it was and queue times outside of Cbeebies, which definitely held on to its longer queues right through until close when they all died back after lunch yesterday.

Both days felt too short, yesterday especially. With 2 adults and one child there is no way come close to covering the main attractions in a day. I'm pretty clued up on how to make the most of my time, and I couldn't. I can only imagine how little a family who don't know better than to go to cbeebies first thing would get done.

18:00 would have felt OK on these days, 19:00 would have felt like it properly reflected the existance of the event.

Last edited:
I just find it incredible that when staying on resort on a nice summer's day, you're kicked out before tea time with very little to do for a whole 5 hours of daylight left until dusk. I went for a walk after a 4pm close a few years ago, 20 degree heat, glorious weather and arrived at the entrance around half 5 and all was quiet. It was like lockdown or some sort of pending zombie apocalypse.

I just find it incredible that when staying on resort on a nice summer's day, you're kicked out before tea time with very little to do for a whole 5 hours of daylight left until dusk. I went for a walk after a 4pm close a few years ago, 20 degree heat, glorious weather and arrived at the entrance around half 5 and all was quiet. It was like lockdown or some sort of pending zombie apocalypse.
So it isn't just me, you have heard of the pending zombie apocalypse too.
Be prepared.