• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

It was a depressing sight since the day it opened.
It was on massive stilts and alongside a hill slope; Legoland Windsor is essentially on a steep-ish slope (London feels like a massive basin), while Paultons looks like it's virtually dead flat and arrange their water rapids ride accordingly (with SplashLagoon perhaps a prototype).

Does Paultons have height restrictions like Alton Towers infamously does?

It was on massive stilts and alongside a hill slope; Legoland Windsor is essentially on a steep-ish slope (London feels like a massive basin), while Paultons looks like it's virtually dead flat and arrange their water rapids ride accordingly (with SplashLagoon perhaps a prototype).

Does Paultons have height restrictions like Alton Towers infamously does?
I'm sure I read somewhere that it does, it's also in the New Forest so that will limit what they can or cannot build. That's why I think any type of wooden coaster may not be allowed

The majority of the park comes under a GDO, and doesn't have restrictions or the need for planning applications. There might possibly on height, but pretty sure they could in theory build anything in the majority of the park.

The only troublesome area of the park is Cobra/Edge, which falls just outside of the GDO and was a source of real angst with the locals a few years back.

There was a planning application to extend use of the theme park past this area a while back, which I'm pretty sure was approved, so this could be the first Paultons development where we actually know what they're building ahead of time (Assuming it needs, and gets a planning applications of course; i can't remember the exact details of what it entailed)

If they're using the area from the log flume, covering all the way to Cobra/Edge and beyond though, that's a huge huge plot of land. Maybe that will cover the next 2 major developments as surely too big for one?

The majority of the park comes under a GDO, and doesn't have restrictions or the need for planning applications. There might possibly on height, but pretty sure they could in theory build anything in the majority of the park.

The only troublesome area of the park is Cobra/Edge, which falls just outside of the GDO and was a source of real angst with the locals a few years back.

There was a planning application to extend use of the theme park past this area a while back, which I'm pretty sure was approved, so this could be the first Paultons development where we actually know what they're building ahead of time (Assuming it needs, and gets a planning applications of course; i can't remember the exact details of what it entailed)

If they're using the area from the log flume, covering all the way to Cobra/Edge and beyond though, that's a huge huge plot of land. Maybe that will cover the next 2 major developments as surely too big for one?
Main restriction is noise, the Cobra/Edge area is the most sensitive I think.

Main restriction is noise, the Cobra/Edge area is the most sensitive I think.

I do wonder if having had Cobra now operating for nearly 20 years, whether locals have become desensitised to the noise, and therefore would be okay with further development there. Plus coasters have come along way in that time in terms of noise abatement and reduction.

Looking forward to seeing what plans they have for that side of the park, that's for sure.

If you remember they were doing surveying in the area of edge and cobra a couple of years ago so would make sense that this area was the next to be themed and if the log flume is going at the end of the season. A whole new area to include a water ride and coaster with a 1.2m height will give kids the next level of thrill but still keeping with a family theme.
I’m going on Saturday for 2 days so will see what’s going on with the new dark ride.