• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

It's a bit odd that the two young family parks have opted to theme areas around invaders known for rape, murder, kidnap and pillage, but that's seemingly what we have (and that's before we get to mythology).
Towers have pirates, a ride where a young girl wants to kill her parents and a ride themed to a mental health correctional facility. I think we can let the vikings slide.

I can’t believe how quiet Paulton’s park is today.
I’m loving the new water ride and can’t believe how wet you get on it.
Yes, we are at Paultons today as well and it is great. Across the park the longest queue I have seen has been 20 minutes. Longest queue for a ride we have been on has been about 5 minutes. The only thing I will that isn't great is the price of their food now, it seems to have risen significantly. We bring our own food generally, but just by looking you notice the increase.

Although I haven't been on this particular log flume, I have been on the same model of log flume elsewhere. It is definitely very fun, and you get quite wet.
It would be unfortunate to see this go, but it is part of the unthemed 'old guard' of Paultons, and replacing it with a themed ride, preferably another log flume, would be satisfactory for me.

With how wet guests were getting on the new log flume I don’t think they need another log flume.
They got a lot of room to work with and if they re-theme they wave swinger they could end up having an excellent Vikings area.
IMG_4418.png
That whole area where the tea cups are is a mis-match of themes and rides and hopefully will also be an another area they look at in the future.

IMG_4417.png

With how wet guests were getting on the new log flume I don’t think they need another log flume.
They got a lot of room to work with and if they re-theme they wave swinger they could end up having an excellent Vikings area.
IMG_4418.png
That whole area where the tea cups are is a mis-match of themes and rides and hopefully will also be an another area they look at in the future.

IMG_4417.png
Hmm... I'm not so sure if Splash Lagoon could be the park's only log flume? It's basically the same as River Rafts at Chessington (same manufacturer). The capacity isn't high and it is great for the younger ones.

I'd say if another Log Flume style ride is needed, it needs to be more substantial and creative in it's layout. Something along the lines of Viking Voyage, Valhalla, Chiapas or Stormforce 10 is probably what I'd have in mind for what the park would benefit from as a water ride.

A rapids could work in the same scenario but I'd worry about it being tamer due to Health and Safety.

I definitely agree with the Teacups, I'd say it needs replacing more than anything. With the park working with Mack nowadays, I'd say bringing in one of their classic teacups or a Twist N Splash could be a upgrade to the one they have now.

Pirate Ship, I'd love to see it upgraded into a larger model and the one they have now being kept as the junior version.

Kontiki and Viking Boats (and also to an extent Pirate Ship) are all rides that would easily be integrated into the Viking area if relocated. I'd say Vikings or Pirates would've been the natural theme for that area they are in now.

Hmm... I'm not so sure if Splash Lagoon could be the park's only log flume? It's basically the same as River Rafts at Chessington (same manufacturer). The capacity isn't high and it is great for the younger ones.

I'd say if another Log Flume style ride is needed, it needs to be more substantial and creative in it's layout. Something along the lines of Viking Voyage, Valhalla, Chiapas or Stormforce 10 is probably what I'd have in mind for what the park would benefit from as a water ride.

A rapids could work in the same scenario but I'd worry about it being tamer due to Health and Safety.

I definitely agree with the Teacups, I'd say it needs replacing more than anything. With the park working with Mack nowadays, I'd say bringing in one of their classic teacups or a Twist N Splash could be a upgrade to the one they have now.

Pirate Ship, I'd love to see it upgraded into a larger model and the one they have now being kept as the junior version.

Kontiki and Viking Boats (and also to an extent Pirate Ship) are all rides that would easily be integrated into the Viking area if relocated. I'd say Vikings or Pirates would've been the natural theme for that area they are in now.
The Viking boats ride could go as they have the same type of ride in the Peppa pig area.
Yes Kontiki could be moved to the new Viking area.
Maybe a Vikings splash battle ride would be good as a replacement for the log flume.

Last edited:
Rode Splash Lagoon for the first time yesterday, and it is a nice little ride and you get impressively wet. Think they had 5 boats running and as to be expected they are pretty slow going through the station, though surprisingly for a Saturday I think the queue got no longer than 15 minutes. I think how wet you get might actually be putting some people off.

One thing to note if you use the accessibility pass is that we were told that they can only let you have 2 boats. So if you are a 4 and want to go 2, 1 & 1 then you can't do that apparently. I can understand why, but something to keep in mind if one of your kids decide they don't want to sit with you because apparently the huge amount of extra weight in the boat equals a bigger soaking.

Rode Splash Lagoon for the first time yesterday, and it is a nice little ride and you get impressively wet. Think they had 5 boats running and as to be expected they are pretty slow going through the station, though surprisingly for a Saturday I think the queue got no longer than 15 minutes. I think how wet you get might actually be putting some people off.

One thing to note if you use the accessibility pass is that we were told that they can only let you have 2 boats. So if you are a 4 and want to go 2, 1 & 1 then you can't do that apparently. I can understand why, but something to keep in mind if one of your kids decide they don't want to sit with you because apparently the huge amount of extra weight in the boat equals a bigger soaking.
It's three children or one adult and one child per boat. Obviously child access pass users must be accompanied with the carer sat in the same boat.

The Viking boats ride could go as they have the same type of ride in the Peppa pig area.
Yes Kontiki could be moved them to the new Viking area.
Maybe a Vikings splash battle ride would be good as a replacement for the log flume.
I don’t think a splash battle would be good as a replacement for the log flume. The thing with splash battles is that they are great for people that don’t mind getting potentially really wet but I don’t think they have the universal appeal that a good flume does. A Mack Powesplash would be an outstanding addition to the park and can be a great alternative to a flume, but as said already something along the lines of Chiapas would be excellent. That ride is a great well rounded experience and gives you an epic feeling of going on a journey which something like a Splash Battle doesn’t give you.

Last edited:
I don’t think a splash battle would be good as a replacement for the log flume. The thing with splash battles is that they are great for people that don’t mind getting pontentially really wet but I don’t think they have the universal appeal that a good flume does. A Mack Powesplash would be an outstanding addition to the park and can be a great alternative to a flume, but as said already something along the lines of Chiapas would be excellent. That ride is a great well rounded experience and gives you an epic feeling of going on a journey which something like a Splash Battle doesn’t give you.
Agree with this, a Splash Battle or a Twist N Splash/Watermania would provide a ride experience that is very different from a flume style ride (or even a rapids).

It'd probably be something that a park should get to complement a major water ride rather than being the primary water ride for a park.

Agree with this, a Splash Battle or a Twist N Splash/Watermania would provide a ride experience that is very different from a flume style ride (or even a rapids).

It'd probably be something that a park should get to complement a major water ride rather than being the primary water ride for a park.

Twist and splashes and splash battles are never really that popular in the UK though.

Twist and splashes and splash battles are never really that popular in the UK though.
I think splash battles would be a bit more popular if we had one of the quality of Angkor at Portaventura rather than Battle Galleons, though. Not that it's the best ride at Portaventura but it's fantastically themed and actually does feel like you're going on something of an adventure rather than just a pointless route through nothing.