• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

We have the ride model confirmed for Cyclonator! :)

Discovery Revolution 30 brings ‘over the top thrills’ to Paultons Park

ZPL_News-ZpressSettembre-DiscoveryRevolution30Uk-img_.jpg

The Zamperla Discovery Revolution 30 is a new windmill-themed attraction that is due to be installed at Paultons Park in the UK in December this year.
The attraction sees up to 30 riders seated in a large circular gondola facing outwards and held in their seats by over the shoulder restraints, with their feet dangling below. The ride action is like that of a pendulum and as it begins to swing, the gondola also rotates. As each swing gets longer the gondola eventually swings through a full 360 degrees for a totally mind boggling experience!

As well as the full, adrenaline pumping 360 degree experience, the Discovery Revolution also offers a progamme that provides a slightly less extreme ride, which sees the gondola swinging and rotating but does not include the full 360 degree element.
Below is a rendering of the new windmill-themed thrill ride.

Sorce: https://www.zamperla.com/zpress/dis...bJHDW924-Lv9hMWLfXcqBiKGZOdTCLeI1NovXou9cPVYU

Video from Coaster Chall:

Last edited:
Storm Chaser is rising:

After riding Sierra Sidewinder and getting some crazy spinning (thanks to good weighting of our car) I am really looking forward to this, it's going to be perfect for Paultons.

Are you SURE this is a UK park? We aren't getting confused somewhere? know there's a Paulton's over here, and it's very nice, but I'm pretty sure these pictures must be from somwehere outside our theme-park-poverty stricken borders.

Are you SURE this is a UK park? We aren't getting confused somewhere? know there's a Paulton's over here, and it's very nice, but I'm pretty sure these pictures must be from somwehere outside our theme-park-poverty stricken borders.
Plenty of UK parks have built great things @DiogoJ42; just because something looks fantastic, doesn't mean it's foreign!

As for the area and its progress; wow! It looks stunning, and I hope I can get down to Paultons and visit some time this year! I think that this area could be the start of a big acceleration for Paultons; I could see them really growing in popularity and becoming one of the major players in the UK industry within the next 5-10 years or so! Remember; in 2010, Paultons was merely a small dot on the UK theme park map, with merely a Gerstlauer Bobsled, a Zamperla Disk'O and a few other small attractions. Look what it's grown into in 10 years! Now, Paultons is arguably one of the top independent theme parks in the UK, and I don't think its plans for growth are slowing down any time soon! In a way, I think Lost Kingdom and Tornado Springs almost feel like the modern day equivalent of the areas like Katanga Canyon and Gloomy Wood at Alton Towers were when they were constructed, and I think that in the next few years, Paultons could build something really big for the UK scene! Now, I'm not saying that they'll go full-on 90's Alton Towers style and build a massive thrill ride, as I don't think that's how Paultons rolls and I'm not sure that their finances could support one to quite the extent that Tussauds' were able to support Nemesis. But I could definitely see it being something pretty big for Paultons.

I really think we should watch Paultons' space over the next few years, because I think the next decade could be very, very exciting!

Plenty of UK parks have built great things @DiogoJ42; just because something looks fantastic, doesn't mean it's foreign!

Not for about 25 years they haven't.

This is seriously in another league to the rest of the UK industry, along with the way the park is presented and run.

I really hope all the geeks of themepark forumland here and everywhere repay Paultons their ambition and excellence this year and actually go and spend lots of money. And tell other people to go and give them their money too, over the mediocrity the rest of the industry here is churning out.

Proove to Paultons their efforts are worth it. I know I will be.

Not for about 25 years they haven't.

This is seriously in another league to the rest of the UK industry, along with the way the park is presented and run.

I really hope all the geeks of themepark forumland here and everywhere repay Paultons their ambition and excellence this year and actually go and spend lots of money. And tell other people to go and give them their money too, over the mediocrity the rest of the industry here is churning out.

Proove to Paultons their efforts are worth it. I know I will be.
Despite buying a Premium Merlin Pass this year, I fully intend to go down to Paultons later this year and see what the park is all about, as this area and Paultons' other recent work looks wonderful, and they deserve every success with their recent work!

I hope the food in the new outlet(s) this area has is good.

Food when I last went to Paultons 3 years ago was awful.