• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

It's clear that both the marketing team and the senior management are very proud of how this is coming along, and have a great vision of the end goal here.

No corporate bull excrement, just downright passion and a commitment to the guest experience.

Wow, this looks like yet another step up for Paultons and for the UK as a whole in terms of creating a themed area. I am really looking forward to seeing this for myself in the summer.

I echo what Dan said RE food though, that was the real weak area of the park when we last visited and made Merlin's offerings seem outstanding. Hopefully they put this right in the new area.

It's such a refreshing change to see a UK theme park put so much effort into their rides, areas and overall presentation. A shame it's 5 hrs away (on a good run) from where I live but still can't complain. We'll be heading down this summer for sure for a few days.

Can't wait to see what they do next. I know there's been rumours of a major new rapids ride up next for the park. That would definitely be interesting given the controversy over rapids rides right now in general.

A GG or smaller GCI woodie would also be fantastic for the park.

The difference between the Peppa Pig area and Cbeebies area at Towers is what impressed me most about Paultons. I remember visiting Cbeebies a few years after it opened, and the colours felt faded and it did not feel well looked after, but Peppa Pig still had its vibrant colours, and significant additions since we last visited. It all felt new and fresh. The area is packed, but the number of rides meant the waits at most were 30-40 minutes.

Food can be a bit hit and miss around the park, but the restaurant at the main entrance was very good when we went last year.

We went to Paultons twice last year, and did not go to Towers at all. I am looking forward to Towers in March mainly to ride Wickerman for the first time), but I am looking forward to Paultons in April and August even more as I know the kids are going to enjoy it so much more.

This might be like that pirate area at Lightwater which looked amazing on photos and decidedly less so in person.

Ahhhh, I remember when that Pirate area was being built at Lightwater. I didn't fully get all of the hype surrounding it at the time and saw how crap it was for the first time last year.

Paultons are in a totally different league to Lightwater these days.

I know, awards are always a little questionable wrt how they are assessed, but anybody who has been to Paultons will feel they got this for good reason.
"Paultons Park wins TripAdvisor award for the 4th year in a row" https://www.paultonsbreaks.com/paultons-tripadvisor-win
They even wash the rides over winter, so they look spotless, and there is a real pride in the presentation of the place.

Tornado Springs has been looking like the best park expansion the UK has seen for years. The choice of rides, theming and quality of the additions looks world class.
What I really like, is how the park chooses the right rides for their park... those new rides just nudge up their age range a little, to expand the reach of the park. They know exactly who their audience is, and what would move the park forward.

IMHO, anybody hoping for a major coaster there in the next decade may be disappointed. They seem fixed to targeting the family market. An onsite hotel has to be their next major project, then theming those last few unthemed bits to bring those up to the level of the rest of the park.

Last edited:
Next two 'major' investments should be a highly themed modern rapids ride and maybe a Gravity Group or small GCI family wooden coaster. Absolutely perfect for them.

It doesn't feel like they will rest on their recent success either. They seem committed to invest into the park to see good returns on their money.

Would a different water ride, with newer features (a family watercoaster) be both more marketable and more suitable for an era when there is increased scrutiny on water rides without restraints?

I don’t see installing a new rapids ride as a particularly wise investment, given the current environment. There’s a risk that change in legislation or other safety requirements will have an impact on the installation. A park might assess that risk as too large for what is a very permanent investment.

It’s a shame because I think rapids are perfect family rides which would fit well with Paulton’s demographic. I’d just be surprised to see it happen.

I think a ghost train would be a good addition for Paultons, this would have to be more funny than scary given their target audience. Perhaps including laser guns like Duel or Tomb Blaster.

Food hadn't improved by last season either.

This looks really good indeed, I'm currently trying to make the maths work on another visit but I'm doubting it. Last time I was down with work so I was paid to go and, in the nicest way possible, it's a 3 hour park if that. Outside Pterosaur and Cobra, there was exceptionally little. Naturally I'm not the target audience I'll admit though.

Think I might have to squeeze Paultons in to the start of my SW Misery Trip next year