• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

Thanks Matt, they do make great rapids rides to be fair and it would be a great addition to the park.

With energy prices souring, water rides are expensive to run. An average rapids ride consumes on a continuous basis anywhere between a quarter and half a megawatt of power every hour, (roughly 300,000 to 500,000 watts). All day, every day. Not an insignificant amount of power. I wonder if the current situation has made them re think a little bit. I hope not. But surely high energy consuming rides would affect smaller parks more than larger ones?

EDIT: Even on a home tariff, the electric bill based on an 8 hour day of operation for a half a MW rapids ride, would be around £1360. So not as bad as I thought actually.

Last edited:
This has probably been mentioned before but why is Magma not in Lost Kingdom considering its proximity to the area and the fact that it is themed to the Jurassic period?

This has probably been mentioned before but why is Magma not in Lost Kingdom considering its proximity to the area and the fact that it is themed to the Jurassic period?

It predates the area by some time, and came before Paultons were doing larger scale projects. It's near, but not so near it could ever feel like part of Lost Kingdom without quite a large expansion of that area, with the dragon ride and old trampoline building sitting between them.

I was thinking they could have moved Magma on to the site where Temple Heights was and built this new water ride where the go karts are currently.
Then they could remove the tea cup ride and move the wave swinger onto that site. Then if they also remove their Rapids rides and re themed the rides left in the area they could easily fit a new dark ride and a new coaster.
6634CD16-DAC1-4AAF-A59E-7DD70C242258.png

Magma is fine as a standalone attraction really, no need to touch it until that part of the park is redeveloped when it can be incorporated or moved.

I've no doubt that corner of the park will be developed at some point, although I'm not sure they'll preserve the two least themed little kids rides when they do!

That whole column, incorporating the go-cart track, is a huge space for a completely new are one day.

Magma is fine as a standalone attraction really, no need to touch it until that part of the park is redeveloped when it can be incorporated or moved.

I've no doubt that corner of the park will be developed at some point, although I'm not sure they'll preserve the two least themed little kids rides when they do!

That whole column, incorporating the go-cart track, is a huge space for a completely new are one day.
Wasn’t sure what to do with them 2 rides as I think they there so while older family members can go on the wave swinger and the log flume the younger members can go on them smaller rides.
I think the area south of Cobra and Edge would have already been used for an attraction if it wasn’t for the owners not asking for Planning permission for them 2 rides.

To be serious for a second, on the Dinosaur Tour Co. the audio has been changed and includes a reference to the new attraction. It said that there is a rumour that a new species has been discovered there. Whatever species this is will certainly be the theme of the ride. Do you think that it will be a made-up species or one that is real yet isn't anywhere in Lost Kingdom?

I can't see them making up a species when there are so many names both famous and bizarre to choose from.
I agree with this, but I wanted to ask the forum to see if there were any differing opinions. However, the Jurassic World franchise invented the Indominus Rex, so a new species as a theme for this ride may be very slightly possible.

Just a update at Paultons this year, it looks like the ‘Little Africa’ themed area has a new name of ‘wild lands’, not sure on why that is

Also must say the park is looking fresh as always from what I have seen online, merlin need to take notes!

Because Little Africa could be taken by some to be insulting to one of the larger continents on the globe.

Went to Paulton’s yesterday for the first time and was so impressed. It was hammering it down all day so everything was walk on even though it was a saturday. Every single attraction open as well even though they had to be losing money on a day that quiet. Was struck by how well everything is presented, it’s such a clean park. Food was really good too and seriously friendly staff. So much love and care shown for the park that I thought Merlin could learn a lot from them. Loved every second of it.

. Was struck by how well everything is presented, it’s such a clean park.
I remember my parents and I going to Paultons for the first time in 2018 and being shocked that even the bolts on Flight of the Pterosaur did not have any rust. It's an amazingly clean park, that's for sure!