• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

Paulton’s also is good value of money for families with kids under 1m for free and my daughter was 4 when she hit that mark.
I always said that theme parks pricing should be based on height ranges.
1m or below free
1m to 1.19m £15 to £20
1.2 to 1.39m £30
1.4m or over full price
Somewhere like Paulton though where the majority of the rides are aimed at families and children though I don’t see why adults should pay more. Pretty much everyone over 1.2m could be charged the same price.

Somewhere like Paulton though where the majority of the rides are aimed at families and children though I don’t see why adults should pay more. Pretty much everyone over 1.2m could be charged the same price.
Under 1m is free at Paultons and over 1m is £41.75 for any age (there are discounts for multiple tickets) which I think is pretty reasonable for a park of its calibre - even though the rides are family based, there are a few I really quite enjoy 😂

Paulton’s also is good value of money for families with kids under 1m for free and my daughter was 4 when she hit that mark.
I always said that theme parks pricing should be based on height ranges.
1m or below free
1m to 1.19m £15 to £20
1.2 to 1.39m £30
1.4m or over full price
I’d also suggest a non rider price too. The aging parents would like to come out with us for the day, but as neither of them can ride anything due to various health conditions they begrudge paying the full price just to hold the bags. I’m not sure how you would police it (and that’s probably why no where does it) but it would then be more whole-family friendly. Could you tag the old people so they can’t sneak in a ride? 😉 would apply to more places than just Paultons.

It'd have to be rider wristbands like BPB
Agreed. Which probably wouldn’t go down well as they’d have to be collected on arrival. BPB do the QR code on your phone now which works, but means adding scanners to each of the rides.
I think Towers used to do non rider tickets - a long time ago - but I might be wrong.

It would have to be a very long time ago...not since the Corkscrew opened...
They did used to have an after 2 ticket for the oldies.

It would have to be a very long time ago...not since the Corkscrew opened...
They did used to have an after 2 ticket for the oldies.
Yep - I’m thinking mid/late 80s. I’m sure my mum used to have the non rider ticket.

Drayton Manor had wristbands to the end of the 2003 season and the new entrances was built ready for the 2004 season and it became a 1 price entry park.
The West Midlands Safari Park still use the wristband/ ticket system.

They could just offer an over 65s ticket. Although some will still ride some rides just a discounted price for grandparents would help encourage those whole families to attend as it does help the non-riders. Drayton Manor used to do a grandees ticket.
This would be perfect.

Took the boys to Paultons again yesterday and whilst I don't have anything groundbreaking to say, I wanted to show them some love!

- As usual, fantastic ops; Park was fairly busy (weekend, good weather) and longest queue was 10mins. Cyclonator went down due to a tech issue as my eldest was about to have his third go 😂, this was well communicated, engineers practically teleported and got it fixed, signed off and back up promptly.

- Had my first ride on Cyclonator (finally!) It's a super addition! Would love to see one or two more rides matching the 'family thrill' level of this and SC added in the future. They sit slightly above Flight of the Pterosaur & Velociraptor (which are both enjoyable rides in themselves) in terms of thrill in my opinion.

- Edge is riding like a car crash 😂 Both myself and Dexter are in need of back braces today! I've mentioned before on here that I'd love to see some themed development across that area of the park (Edge, Cobra, Magma etc) We call it 'Random Ride Corner'! Not sure if future planning is restricted as I know that area had issues due to being recognised as a 'designated country park' rather than amusement, although they did receive retrospective permission eventually.

- We use RAP and have always thought the system here is dignified and smooth. The park is very on board & supportive of all accessibility needs & have lots of quiet spaces.

- Staff as friendly & engaging as ever, most of them adding extra hype and excitement to the rides which the kids love! It's always good to see people enjoying the role - I used to love adding extra fun when I was in ride ops!

- We took a picnic because the weather was beautiful and the gardens are perfect for it but did note all but 1 of the food outlets to be open & serving great looking food. The burritos from the Hay Barn look delicious, not just for an attraction offering either! Very reasonable pricing, especially with the food quality. I paid under £60 a few weeks ago at the Wild Forest for 4 great meals (Vegetarian pasta dish, 3 huge loaded burgers with all the sides, some side dishes - my son and his friends are food dustbins - desserts, hot and cold drinks). To put into perspective, at Legoland, we paid nearly £30 for 2x Normal & 1x Veggie Rollover Hotdog 😂🤯

- Park looking slick, clean & landscaping completely on point as always! New ride area seems to be a little bigger and clearer than our last visit but not much to report there.

- Bonus point: Got to meet Percy after last seeing him as a child 😂 It was a 'hoot hoot'!

There has always seemed to be a better balance here than a lot of the other UK parks which makes it feel more relaxed. I always feel like I'm on a mission with the kids at Merlin sites, trying to create a masterplan to make the most of the day, a constant looming stress cloud above my head, whereas here, I don't feel like I need therapy by the time I go home 😂

Last edited:
Took the boys to Paultons again yesterday and whilst I don't have anything groundbreaking to say, I wanted to show them some love!

- As usual, fantastic ops; Park was fairly busy (weekend, good weather) and longest queue was 10mins. Cyclonator went down due to a tech issue as my eldest was about to have his third go 😂, this was well communicated, engineers practically teleported and got it fixed, signed off and back up promptly.

- Had my first ride on Cyclonator (finally!) It's a super addition! Would love to see one or two more rides matching the 'family thrill' level of this and SC added in the future. They sit slightly above Flight of the Pterosaur & Velociraptor (which are both enjoyable rides in themselves) in terms of thrill in my opinion.

- Edge is riding like a car crash 😂 Both myself and Dexter are in need of back braces today! I've mentioned before on here that I'd love to see some themed development across that area of the park (Edge, Cobra, Magma etc) We call it 'Random Ride Corner'! Not sure if future planning is restricted as I know that area had issues due to being recognised as a 'designated country park' rather than amusement, although they did receive retrospective permission eventually.

- We use RAP and have always thought the system here is dignified and smooth. The park is very on board & supportive of all accessibility needs & have lots of quiet spaces.

- Staff as friendly & engaging as ever, most of them adding extra hype and excitement to the rides which the kids love! It's always good to see people enjoying the role - I used to love adding extra fun when I was in ride ops!

- We took a picnic because the weather was beautiful and the gardens are perfect for it but did note all but 1 of the food outlets to be open & serving great looking food. The burritos from the Hay Barn look delicious, not just for an attraction offering either! Very reasonable pricing, especially with the food quality. I paid under £60 a few weeks ago at the Wild Forest for 4 great meals (Vegetarian pasta dish, 3 huge loaded burgers with all the sides, some side dishes - my son and his friends are food dustbins - desserts, hot and cold drinks). To put into perspective, at Legoland, we paid nearly £30 for 2x Normal & 1x Veggie Rollover Hotdog 😂🤯

- Park looking slick, clean & landscaping completely on point as always! New ride area seems to be a little bigger and clearer than our last visit but not much to report there.

- Bonus point: Got to meet Percy after last seeing him as a child 😂 It was a 'hoot hoot'!

There has always seemed to be a better balance here than a lot of the other UK parks which makes it feel more relaxed. I always feel like I'm on a mission with the kids at Merlin sites, trying to create a masterplan to make the most of the day, a constant looming stress cloud above my head, whereas here, I don't feel like I need therapy by the time I go home 😂
Feel like saying that infamous quote from the show Bullseye to Merlin after reading that.

"Hey Merlin! This is the sort of park you could have won/created had you not been so greedy, stupid and lazy running a good looking theme park!" :p

Thinking about it now, I'm surprised Poultons didn't put in an offer for the ride system of Tommy Tinkaboo's Sweet Adventure from Pleasure Island Cleethorpes. Unless the ride system wouldn't have been practical to move. It feels like that kinda ride would be a perfect addition to Poultons as a indoor dark ride and they could have potentially got the ride system quite cheap from them. Even better if they good have agreed to have bought the animatronics to go with it. Oh well

Thinking about it now, I'm surprised Poultons didn't put in an offer for the ride system of Tommy Tinkaboo's Sweet Adventure from Pleasure Island Cleethorpes. Unless the ride system wouldn't have been practical to move. It feels like that kinda ride would be a perfect addition to Poultons as a indoor dark ride and they could have potentially got the ride system quite cheap from them. Even better if they good have agreed to have bought the animatronics to go with it. Oh well
It'd probably be cheaper to just buy a brand new version. Garmendale still manufacture them.

I'd love to see an indoor tub-like water attraction with the same charm as Bubbleworks and Tommy Tinkaboos at Paultons!

I'd love to see an indoor tub-like water attraction with the same charm as Bubbleworks and Tommy Tinkaboos at Paultons!
RIP Bubbleworks *sob sob* 😢 I was really hoping the new water ride would be along this vein when announced but seems word on the grapevine suggests Rapids. I'm very loudly opposed to the pointless existence of Merlins Rumba and Congo and can't wait for the day they replace them with something less depressing (sorry) 😂 however, I suspect this will be another time Paultons show Merlin up in terms of immersion and theming, whatever the ride system!

RIP Bubbleworks *sob sob* 😢 I was really hoping the new water ride would be along this vein when announced but seems word on the grapevine suggests Rapids. I'm very loudly opposed to the pointless existence of Merlins Rumba and Congo and can't wait for the day they replace them with something less depressing (sorry) 😂 however, I suspect this will be another time Paultons show Merlin up in terms of immersion and theming, whatever the ride system!
I don't mind the rapids to be be honest, but yeah, gimmie those water effects back!!

Onto Paultons, i think every investment they've made ever since Tornado Springs has been fantastic and better than Merlin cold conjure (yes, even Alton Manor). Tornado Springs gives me that magic feel because you can tell it has so much detail, charm, and character in it (and it isn't a dark and serious theme). To be honest, it feels like something that'd be made in the 90s if Pearsons Tussauds owned Paultons Park then, and that's a huge compliment!!

I'm really hoping if it's a rapids that they actually dig a trough into the ground for it with real rockwork around it and not just a flat surface with a plastic trough placed there, though I'm sure they will with what they're capable of.

Thinking about it they’re quite brave going for a rapids ride given all the red tape that now surrounds this ride type and how dumbed down they have become since the Splash Canyon incident. I have no doubt that even though rapids rides in the uk aren’t what they once were that Paulton’s will pull it out of the bag yet again with great theming and an overall fun experience. It’ll be interesting to follow this.

I don't mind the rapids to be be honest, but yeah, gimmie those water effects back!!

Onto Paultons, i think every investment they've made ever since Tornado Springs has been fantastic and better than Merlin cold conjure (yes, even Alton Manor). Tornado Springs gives me that magic feel because you can tell it has so much detail, charm, and character in it (and it isn't a dark and serious theme). To be honest, it feels like something that'd be made in the 90s if Pearsons Tussauds owned Paultons Park then, and that's a huge compliment!!

I'm really hoping if it's a rapids that they actually dig a trough into the ground for it with real rockwork around it and not just a flat surface with a plastic trough placed there, though I'm sure they will with what they're capable of.
I absolutely agree with you in terms of the comparison! You can't take a bad photo or video because every shot it just packed to the brim with theming, very charming as you say and positively transportive. In my Merlin days, I had serious beef with the obsessive doom & gloom themes... hoping to see more exciting, inventive & original ideas moving forwards.

I'm expecting nothing short of 'all out' in terms of theming. Everything they've put out since Peppa has been what we in Dorset call a 'Properrr Jaab' 😂 Agree @BigShadowtinytree - was a little surprised rapids would be on the table too! Fingers crossed for some more updates soon!

One of my favourite things, is that Paultons is still family owned - I do often wonder if they will ever consider sale.