• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

Wasn't it called Vengeance 5d or something similarly silly?

All I really remember about it was how loud the turntable was

Ah yeah maybe it was Vengeance.

I remember there was one at Tusenfryd and sitting outside was hilariously loud. I hope it either isn't one or the sound proofing is better.

Suggesting, but not confirmed, that a Viking themed land, with Paulton's first inverted coaster, behind Cobra.
It is definitely the right move and time to see an inverting rollercoaster at Paultons Park (especially after Mandrill Mayhem). I am so excited to see what it would be!

Whilst I am sceptical of vikings considering it's been done recently with Drayton Manor however would be fantastic if done right which I have faith in Paultons to do.

Ghostly Manor is shaping up to be a really unique dark ride. I like the concept - I rode Maus du Chocolat at Phantasialand a couple of days ago and was half expecting it to be something like that 😅

The park on the most part was excellent today, renovation to the main block inside the entrance is mid renovation. The park did a really good job through the day and hopefully they decide todo it again in the future!

Posting in both places.

https://ghostlymanor.co.uk/ is live now. New for 2025. Turntable ride, with laser guns and a mixture of physical and digital sets.
I love Paultons, took in my feedback about three hours after I said so.

Also, I know kids love dinosaurs and things (and I do too) but I kind of felt the park needed some pizazz.. this looks like it

Last edited by a moderator:
A very well put together event. The engineers were a very warm and enthusiastic bunch who welcomed enthusiasts into their workshops throughout the afternoon and into the evening. 1716079165934.png1716079181252.png1716079190187.png1716079212485.png1716079222823.png

Ghostly Manor sounds like it'll be a Mack Gaming Theater, if that's what we're getting then we're in for a treat

As for whatever is coming in 2024, the teaser definitely hinted at Paultons' first ride to feature an inversion.

There are some early ground works happening behind Edge on the expansion plot, so presumably it'll be going around there.

Last edited:
I don't understand why they're going for another theme park cliché area like Vikings though. Less cliché than the likes of your standard copy and paste Wild West areas, but hardly unique. The saving grace being of course that if you can trust one UK theme park operator to do it well, it'll be Paultons.

Intriguing as to what inverting coaster they'll go for. It'll probably be a 1.2 or 1.3. Also interesting that they want to lock in their fan base who grew up with Peppa before progressing to Lost Kingdom and Tornado Springs. Planning wise, that's a very sensitive area of the park over by Cobra. I'd love Vekoma like FLY or a Mack launcher. A launch or two and they can keep it low to the ground, also quiet and would appeal to both kids and adults.

Height will certainly be an issue, I'm pretty sure the park has a height restriction. Sean Evans seems convinced it's something from Intamin. If this is true then I hope it's a Hot Racer model, it would suit the park really well and wouldn't need to be massively tall. Either way construction can't be far off if they want it open by 2026 almond with a complete retheme of the area.

I don't understand why they're going for another theme park cliché area like Vikings though. Less cliché than the likes of your standard copy and paste Wild West areas, but hardly unique. The saving grace being of course that if you can trust one UK theme park operator to do it well, it'll be Paultons.

Intriguing as to what inverting coaster they'll go for. It'll probably be a 1.2 or 1.3. Also interesting that they want to lock in their fan base who grew up with Peppa before progressing to Lost Kingdom and Tornado Springs. Planning wise, that's a very sensitive area of the park over by Cobra. I'd love Vekoma like FLY or a Mack launcher. A launch or two and they can keep it low to the ground, also quiet and would appeal to both kids and adults.
Because little kids like cliche material.
Western stuff, vikings, dinosaurs...all top notch kid stuff...so pretty much universally seen in kids parks/areas.
Showing your age again, old git.

Vikings not the most unique theme and it's a bit repetitive, but I don't mind so much because I know they will do it well, and there will be no corners cut.
It seems quite strange to me that Paulton’s would want to go with a Viking theme when another family orientated park did that just a couple of years ago. I had been thinking that they would go with an Asian jungle or tropical theme for a new area (which would have been an easy fit thematically for Cobra and The Edge). I’m sure that Paulton’s will absolutely smash it with their Viking theme but I’d rather have seen something a bit different.

With regards to Sean Evan suggesting that he’s heard that the park could be potentially getting an Intamin I did wonder could it be a pre-fab woodie? Though I do wonder if the park would be very careful about possible noise issues when choosing their new ride and if that could affect their selection.

Are the kids into Vikings these days?

Always thought Medieval was the one. Princes & princesses and what not.

Vikings having a resurgence though clearly. Tayto/Emerald Park another recent one.

It's strange mostly after Tornado Springs being a more unique take on the Western theme.

It’s very interesting how Paultons (and to a lesser extent Drayton) have a renewed focus on investment, theming and growth compared to the Merlin parks.

Obviously Merlin are making changes but it often feels like they’re putting patches on things rather than trying to level up the overall experience whilst Paultons trajectory seems more comparable to the higher quality European parks.

I really like how they’re publicly plotting out the future too, creates excitement and optimism rather than the veiled secrecy that often leads to unrealistic expectations or negative speculation.

Are the kids into Vikings these days?

Always thought Medieval was the one. Princes & princesses and what not.

Vikings having a resurgence though clearly. Tayto/Emerald Park another recent one.

It's strange mostly after Tornado Springs being a more unique take on the Western theme.
I think that the How To Train Your Dragon films sparked some interest in Viking-Ish themes with kids but I do wonder if TV shows and movies such as Vikings and The Northman mean that it’s perhaps a more popular theme with adults than it is with children.

It’s very interesting how Paultons (and to a lesser extent Drayton) have a renewed focus on investment, theming and growth compared to the Merlin parks.
In the past 12 months alone, you've had 5 (Mandrill Mayhem, Nemesis Reborn, Lego Minifigure Speedway x 2, Hyperia) new coasters open at the UK Merlin parks, plus a highly acclaimed dark ride and a reopening of another. You've had a completely brand new themed world open at one, and another get a complete overhaul.

I'm very happy to drink the kool aid of the smaller parks, and I'm glad that they're stepping up their game, but you can't say that they have more of a focus on investment and growth, when the investment levels of Merlin have never been higher and are astronomically larger than Drayton or Paultons.

Edit: Clarifying the coaster count.

Last edited: