• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

Hi all.

Our PR team are defaulting asking for handles (as this is easliey identifable to them) however please please do reply and mention this forum rather than handles etc.

As this is a free event, we are getting far more requests than we have tickets so want it to be for enthusiasts... whether they have social media, membership of a coaster club or part of the theme park community on a forum.

Hope we get to see lots of you on the 18th.

PP

Might be too late but if we successfully applied would we be able to enter the park before 2pm?

Have you emailed back and told them you are part of this community? Social handles are the simplest verification method to our PR agency, but please please go back ad explain you are part of this forum (username will also be helpful).
Should I also reply back with my forum username as they didn't ask for it?

As others have said, it's fantastic how you're actively replying to everyone on here! 😊

Should I also reply back with my forum username as they didn't ask for it?

As others have said, it's fantastic how you're actively replying to everyone on here! 😊
Yes please!!

Might be too late but if we successfully applied would we be able to enter the park before 2pm?

Hopefully. Just depends on when we can start manning registration. Most of the special activities etc take place after closing so we want to make sure you have lots of energy for evening riding!

What do you think they are going to announce on superfans day in a few weeks for the 2025 season?

New land or rides at the back of the park near magma and the go karts etc? Hopefully something crazy like a rmc coaster? We can dream..

I expect new dark ride announced in the old 4d cinema building.

We know a dark ride is in progress in the old 4D cinema but as far as I'm aware, this hasn't yet been formally announced (I have high hopes for excellent delivery of this ride!) So potentially a great opportunity for this!

I also think we aren't too far off of seeing the far corner of the park (Cobra, Magma, Seal Falls etc) getting some redevelopment. Always excited for a Paulton's announcement, whatever it may be 😊

I haven't visited since my son was younger so haven't seen the latest themed area.

It really is a fantastic park and I hope they take a punt on a unique thrill coaster ( If Poultons are listening ;) )

I suppose an out an out thrill coaster may not be their current target audience but they have started to up their game a bit so it would be great to see, and would give me a reason to pay another visit. At the moment it's probably not worth a trip from Yorkshire without children.

I haven't visited since my son was younger so haven't seen the latest themed area.

It really is a fantastic park and I hope they take a punt on a unique thrill coaster ( If Poultons are listening ;) )

I suppose an out an out thrill coaster may not be their current target audience but they have started to up their game a bit so it would be great to see, and would give me a reason to pay another visit. At the moment it's probably not worth a trip from Yorkshire without children.

Hopefully Plopsaland have shown family parks can benefit from a moderate thrill coaster!

Though as i've mentioned, Storm Chaser is easily the most thrilling 1m rollercoaster in the UK (arguably 1.1m too) and what with Velociraptor and Pterosaur they're not lacking in good rollercoasters.

Hopefully Plopsaland have shown family parks can benefit from a moderate thrill coaster!

Though as i've mentioned, Storm Chaser is easily the most thrilling 1m rollercoaster in the UK (arguably 1.1m too) and what with Velociraptor and Pterosaur they're not lacking in good rollercoasters.
Yes they have some great family coasters.

Cobra is my favourite though

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I’d call Ride To Happiness a little bit more than a “moderate” thrill coaster, it’s pretty full on.

I still think that if Paulton’s really wanted to knock it out of the park and take themselves up to the next level an Untamed style small-ish RMC would be an incredible addition and a real statement of intent. But I don’t know if they’ve quite got the space for that.

Cobra is my favourite though
emoji3.png
Cobra is a laugh a minute! A true Paultons icon!

As for future development, I could see maybe a flying cinema with a set up similar to FOTSL working well at the park as another indoor option in addition to the currently under construction assumed shooter dark ride (As they seem to have a great relationship with Zierer, I'd guess at a 'Advanced Dark Ride' model). I'm not sure how likely it is that we'll get a new coaster (of any kind) when they have a great family variety available with a current total of 7 coasters & and Disc'O. If they were to add another 'big' coaster... a well themed LSM Launch (Blitz) with maybe a low key inversion or... an RMC Wild Moose maybe?

Has anyone heard back regarding the fan event next month? I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see who's invited! 😂

I’d call Ride To Happiness a little bit more than a “moderate” thrill coaster, it’s pretty full on

Ha, yeah perhaps moderate wasn’t the right word. I meant more in terms of size and intimidation… it’s not Hyperia, which is technically a ride children the same age can ride but it’s certainly more extreme than anything else in the park so the scale seems more appropriate for Paultons.

Anything Poultons build will likley have a 1.2 height or below as that's thier demographic but thankfully there are alot of options these days for coasters and flats.

I think a wooden coaster of some sorts would be a welcome addition but I would worry about potential planning issues with noise & height as the park is on the edge of a national park

Last edited: