• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

How can this thread go from an exciting planning discovery and speculation on a new area to 'the names sh*t, it needs to change?'

Let's get back to the area speculation, what we can agree on is that Paultons will do it well and clearly are doing fine with the name they have if new stuff is coming

New ride for 2024 announced on the old site of the magic carpet. Not the rumoured rapids (yet ;) )

From: https://twitter.com/ThemeParkJaden/status/1674051961518260226?t=pE04g-22LTKj38hXd1FLww&s=19

I'm sure this will be done to a really high standard, still I'd have to say I'm a little disappointed that it seems to be another kiddie ride rather than something that will appeal to all ages. The park is already really successful with young kids on account of Peppa Pig World but needs more attractions to draw in older children and adults. Hopefully there'll be a bit more variety on the cards in the coming years.

So really their big project next year is Drayton’s low budget this year.
I reckon they will theme it to a high standard.
I had a feeling it would be a mini flume and I find this really exciting - not just because I want to get on the ride 😂! They already have the Seal Falls 'mini flume' so it's likely being replaced by this new and improved development... to me, this is just a step closer to a big overhaul in the patchy section of the park 😂

Last edited:
I'm sure this will be done to a really high standard, still I'd have to say I'm a little disappointed that it seems to be another kiddie ride rather than something that will appeal to all ages. The park is already really successful with young kids on account of Peppa Pig World but needs more attractions to draw in older children and adults. Hopefully there'll be a bit more variety on the cards in the coming years.
Yeah same here, I was expecting something a little more thrilling that the whole family can enjoy. As you say though, it will almost certainly have a high level of theming, and it's another one to keep young kids entertained. I certainly hope that after this the park will look into adding a higher thrill attraction though. Cyclonator feels a little out of place on its own, being the odd one out.

So really their big project next year is Drayton’s low budget this year.
I reckon they will theme it to a high standard.

I don't think they've ever called it a 'big project'... that's just our assumption. Let's look at some facts:

Planning permission obtained for large area nearby

Planning permission also applied for much larger area close by

Land surveying has occurred around edge / cobra area

As mentioned, allows them possibly ditch seal falls and if needed log flume whilst something bigger is built.

Somebody mentioned they used a hash tag earlier #wevegotbigplans Following on from Lost Kingdom and Torndo Springs, anyone thinking that it referred to this log flume needs their head checking

I don't think they've ever called it a 'big project'... that's just our assumption. Let's look at some facts:

Planning permission obtained for large area nearby

Planning permission also applied for much larger area close by

Land surveying has occurred around edge / cobra area

As mentioned, allows them possibly ditch seal falls and if needed log flume whilst something bigger is built.

Somebody mentioned they used a hash tag earlier #wevegotbigplans Following on from Lost Kingdom and Torndo Springs, anyone thinking that it referred to this log flume needs their head checking
Yeah but they could have had this built for the 2023 season as Drayton took less than 3 months to install there’s. Like I do like Paultons park but not enough to drive a 5 hr journey in a day.

Why could they? Because Drayton managed to drop one in?

Perhaps it takes time to manufacture and they ordered after Drayton. Perhaps the land needs some serious levelling.

Perhaps they want to theme it properly.

Perhaps you should stop comparing the two Parks. Both clearly have exciting plans, just let them follow those plans... exciting times for both; just not this year.

I'm a bit puzzled by this mini log flume. I was expecting something a little bigger. I would have thought it would be better suited to the Peppa Pig area given that it's for really young children. I'm looking forward to the bigger project over the next few seasons

I'm a bit puzzled by this mini log flume. I was expecting something a little bigger. I would have thought it would be better suited to the Peppa Pig area given that it's for really young children. I'm looking forward to the bigger project over the next few seasons

They've always made an effort to spread the attractions across the park. While they do very well out of it it's very clear they want it to be Peppa Pig Land at Paultons Park, not the other way round.

Since the second phase the capacity in Peppa Pig is about sufficient and the area copes. As has been mentioned, this is almost certainly a replacement of the non Peppa Pig Seal ride.

It is great having rides across the park for all members of the family, much better than the near complete segregation we've ended up with at Towers.

I do like Paulton’s and think aiming for the 1.2m or under 10’s is the best way forward for the park as it’s such a lovely park which is very clean, tidy and well maintained.

I don’t think Paulton’s are aiming for “under 10’s”. You don’t put Cyclonator and Storm Chaser in your park if you are aiming for the under 10’s market. Instead I think they want to be a great family park and I’m sure that they’ll be looking at the family thrill sector with their new area in the next few years.

Rides like Cobra, Flight Of The Pterosaur, Velociraptor, and Magma aren’t kiddie rides such as you’d find in Pepa Pig World or Thomas Land but rather they are decent family rides that are inclusive for both adults and say maybe 8+ kids to enjoy. That’s quite different also from what you’ll find at the Gulliver’s parks and Lightwater Valley (Eagle’s Claw excepted) that are both firmly focused on the Primary School age market.

I don’t think Paulton’s are aiming for “under 10’s”. You don’t put Cyclonator and Storm Chaser in your park if you are aiming for the under 10’s market. Instead I think they want to be a great family park and I’m sure that they’ll be looking at the family thrill sector with their new area in the next few years.

Rides like Cobra, Flight Of The Pterosaur, Velociraptor, and Magma aren’t kiddie rides such as you’d find in Pepa Pig World or Thomas Land but rather they are decent family rides that are inclusive for both adults and say maybe 8+ kids to enjoy. That’s quite different also from what you’ll find at the Gulliver’s parks and Lightwater Valley (Eagle’s Claw excepted) that are both firmly focused on the Primary School age market.

My son is 4 1/2 years old, and 1.1m tall. He happily goes on Storm Chaser and Pterosaur. My assumption is that many 4 / 5 year olds can enjoy these rides and find Peppa Pig World slightly boring for their age.

My son is 4 1/2 years old, and 1.1m tall. He happily goes on Storm Chaser and Pterosaur. My assumption is that many 4 / 5 year olds can enjoy these rides and find Peppa Pig World slightly boring for their age.

I’d think that the average 4 or 5 year old (from a non-enthusiast family) would be absolutely thrilled by Peppa Pig World and somewhat intimidated by Storm Chaser or Flight Of The Pterosaur. It’s different for us perhaps because our children have grown up from a very young age exposed to our love of coasters and thrill rides and we are keen to introduce them to many different rides as soon as they hit the height requirements.

As an example I went as a parent volunteer on a school trip to Lightwater Valley last year with Year 6 (10-11 year olds). You’d be amazed how much they were lapping up the kiddie rides and for a few of them you could tell that for some of them the Ladybird coaster (maybe broadly the equivalent of Farmyard Flyer) was the most thrilling ride they’d been on in their life! And that’s because they don’t have that background on challenging themselves to ride bigger and more thrilling rides or haven’t even had the exposure to them. So what I’m trying to say is that we can maybe see things a bit differently to non-enthusiast families and our kids are a bit more used to going on more thrilling rides then their peers are. I’d imagine that if you asked the average five year old whether they’d rather go on Storm Chaser or George’s Dinosaur Adventure the vast majority would choose the latter.

My daughter hit 1.4m at 10 years old. The problem is when they get to 12/13+ and parks let them into theme parks without an adult that’s when they start messing round, queue jumping and writing on queue line fences. You got none of that at Paulton’s and guests feel safe.