• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

The online ride parts shop
The prices look good

£180 for a wheel?

Sold out so clearly the market is more money than sense.

It never ceases to amaze me tbh. What the hell do you even do with a worn and used wheel?

I collect magnets. They are cheap and easy to display. I think I have over 400 now so a lot are displayed on a magnetic board in my garage.

It never ceases to amaze me tbh. What the hell do you even do with a worn and used wheel?

I collect magnets. They are cheap and easy to display. I think I have over 400 now so a lot are displayed on a magnetic board in my garage.

What do you even do with 400 magnets? Apart from Display them in the same way you would display a wheel.

Recent uses, as in this year.
Weightlifting weights (very popular presents), tealight holder, paperweight, tarpaulin corner weight, outside bog door closing weight, doorstop, and two competition prizes in fun coaster forum competitions.
Also been used in the past in "bowls" style tournaments, by drunken idiots. Great fun.
They have also been used to get rid of persistent punters at the end of the day as a simple bribe.
"If I give you this wheel, will you fluff off home" I think he said.
Not sure what to use the other random bits of metal for...

What do you even do with 400 magnets? Apart from Display them in the same way you would display a wheel.

Why would you display a wheel? Is that generally a thing away from Theme Park folk?

I know plenty of people who display magnets. Can't say I know too many who slap wheels on their walls and worn and used ones at that

Difference being theyre like £10.

I've got one too!

It's the thought that counts.

I'd go ballistic if I found out she'd spent £180 on it! Even my EGF cable piece wasn't much over €40-50; though I had far more disposable income in 2008.

Happily married for thirty years thanks.
My wife is obviously more tolerant than yours regarding hobbies.
She was with me when I got it, and the design means it just doesn't look like a hunk of scrap metal.

Yeah sounds like she is. Fair play.

Although it's not really my thing anyway but that's besides the point. It's a dreadful coaster so doesn't deserve pride of place. For a B&M I could be swayed however. Hahaha

Paultons have filed for a Certificate of Lawful Development to gain permission for development of the land surrounding Cobra and Edge into “amusement park” land:

I had a feeling that the park might eventually try and use this space for something; this will really round out the park!

Interestingly, Attraction Source seems to think that the presence of an Intamin Water Coaster within the planning agency’s advertisement could indicate that the park is intending to build an Intamin Water Coaster on this land. I’m not sure of that myself, but I’m open to surprises.