• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

My daughter was riding the 1m rides at Paultons at three and a half!!! The only rides in the park she hadn't been on before she was 4 was Magma, Cobra and Cyclonator*...

But at the same time she was happy on Peppa Pig rides too.

She's now 4 and a half and has decided that Peppa Pig is for babies and isn't interested any more. That's the franchise, not the rides, I imagine she'll still be happy enough on all but the smallest slowest PPW rides for a while yet.

Paultons really does have something for everyone, and I expect that is the direction they will continue to move in, fleshing out the older kids to family thrill offering.

*yes, I know there is supposed to be a 4 years age restriction on the bigger rides. She's fine.

My daughter was riding the 1m rides at Paultons at three and a half!!! The only rides in the park she hadn't been on before she was 4 was Magma, Cobra and Cyclonator*...

But at the same time she was happy on Peppa Pig rides too.

She's now 4 and a half and has decided that Peppa Pig is for babies and isn't interested any more. That's the franchise, not the rides, I imagine she'll still be happy enough on all but the smallest slowest PPW rides for a while yet.

Paultons really does have something for everyone, and I expect that is the direction they will continue to move in, fleshing out the older kids to family thrill offering.

*yes, I know there is supposed to be a 4 years age restriction on the bigger rides. She's fine.
I never really understood that age restriction on rides.
Like Drayton under the former owners you couldn’t go on Accelerator to you were 4+ and drive to dodgems to 12+. So glad the looping group scrapped that and just kept the water rides restrictions.
For a weekend away 2 park tickets and an over night stay is roughly half the price at Alton Towers and having the partnership with local hotels means all profits the park made go back into the theme park.

Seems a smart addition to me as its something that can draw kids away from Peppa Pig World, same as the driving school in Tornado Springs. Means there's bits for the entire family to do in each area of the park.

Always seems odd visiting the park and if you time it right 3/4 of the park is nearly abandoned whilst PPW is heaving.

Seems a smart addition to me as its something that can draw kids away from Peppa Pig World, same as the driving school in Tornado Springs. Means there's bits for the entire family to do in each area of the park.

Always seems odd visiting the park and if you time it right 3/4 of the park is nearly abandoned whilst PPW is heaving.
The reason why PPW is so busy cause of the low output rides.
Mrs Rabbit Helicopter ride has the biggest queue but every helicopter needs to be loaded which can take 20 mins to load/unload.

I really hope that doesn't mean they'll have to build and operate Mean Streak for 20+ years first before converting it.
Nah I reckon they'd go for a new-build RMC akin to something like Zadra. Subject to planning approval of course, but that should be a formality

Being serious, I think a Vekoma STC would be perfect for the park. Thrilling without being too intense for their target audience.

I think if the park were going to go more thrilling a small scale launch coaster would probably do the trick, they could even get one of Mack, they've done a few smaller more family orientated ones.

I’m surprised this hasn’t been mentioned yet, but it would seem that Tornado Springs was a huge success for Paultons Park, with the park making a pre-tax profit of £15,994,312 in 2021 according to their latest accounts: https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/...7bb37658a0a960c6bf375f2ea11c60e863e4b79bc2ad1

This compares with a pre-tax profit of £1,124,493 in 2020 and £6,642,686 in 2019, so Tornado Springs did seemingly help to facilitate a further upward turn in Paultons’ fortunes!

Having recently read through Blackpool’s accounts (where there are vastly more losses and vastly lower pre-tax profits), I’ll admit to being staggered by how much money Paultons Park makes. Even BPB’s “record” pre-tax profit of £8-9 million in 2021 is a fair way off the amount of money that Paultons made in 2021!

Going off other parks, I would guess Covid had a very large part in those profits...nowhere else to go that year.

Quite likely the main reasoning. Having a brand new area definitely helped but desperate people wanting to do ANYTHING other than be at home but unable to go abroad were big factors across all industries.

Speaking of profits from other parks, IIRC in 2021 M&D's actually made a profit of £9 million themselves which stands utterly insane and defies logic given how they look which I will not blame you if you don't believe me though I do wonder if the majority of that money comes from the fairground circuit rather than the actual park itself? Likely as well as they don't own many of the rides there so likely they didn't need to pay for those rides upkeep which would have made that balance sheet look very different.

You'll be suprise how many of the 'smaller' parks can make their money if run well though Paulton's is by far the one that is going to use those profits wisely and the only way is up for them!