• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

Of all the coasters in the park I also think Crazy Bats is the next coaster that has to go first. But Fantissima has to stay in one form or another.

Hollywood Tour is being slowly removed from the building but until Fantissima has a new home elsewhere it'll be a while yet until the bulldozers start to roll in for Crazy Bats. (Fantissima's current season runs until June 2023, the next begins late September 2023 - they'd have to be starting work soon on a new theatre to make it if this year would be Bats last)

When visiting last week I took a walk down the back of the Lindbergh/Events/Staff car park opposite the Berlin entrance to look at the boats which are being stored there currently (presumably awaiting disposal soon). Some props from the Frankenstein scene were also seen in a skip there recently.
Fk-5-WHXoAE0Ii5

Fk-5-WLXgAAg0TY

Fk-5-WoX0AAJnR8

However the current park construction site is technically the new building built during 2022 in Berlin replacing the old Mexico stairs & Kaiser Snack quick service restaurant.

External work is done seemingly with the new larger stairs to solve the bottleneck issue there open to guests since August; and the new large terrace on top open for use. Guests are also here angled more towards Africa presumably an attempt to alleviate traffic down the small stairs into Mexico. The restaurant was replaced by Berliner Wurst, housed in the tramcar beside.
Fk_XNA-WYAEipFo

Fk_XNBEWIAIuPFo

The interior of this new larger building remains empty for now - likely work will recommence in the off season. The left side has two doors with signage mounts over them - believed to be much needed Berlin area toilets.
Fk_XN5RWYAE4w9S

Fk_XN5WWQAEodae

What the rest of the building houses/the main glass canopy entrance leads to is unknown. An attraction is doubtful given how small the space is. Potentially a new restaurant if the tramcar offering is temporary?
One theory is Guest Services may move into this more prominent location and therefore out of the 4D cinema building opposite paving the way for it to be redeveloped into a new attraction next. Another medium-ish investment like Adventure Trail before tackling another major area project again (be it China or Crazy Bats).

Over in Hotel Ling Bao the "new pool & wellness retreat" area opened last month.
Webpage detailing all the wellness/sauna offerings included now across two floors, alongside the indoor pool:
ga-pool-ling-bao-innen_01.jpg

cf-pool-ling-bao-innen_11.jpg
hm-pool-ling-bao-innen_05.jpg
ga-hlb-wellness_02.jpg

hm-hlb-wellness_02.jpg

Does look very nice, I've stayed in Matamba and Lindbergh previously so would be nice to stay a night in the Ling Bao to complete the set.

Might be a wee bit tricky for a removal then. A new dark ride might go well to replace it though as it is woeful.

With Fantissima, I would guess a relocation would have to be on the edge or outside the park in the new land. On my last visit there was plenty of evening visitors arriving specifically for it.

Imagine there will be hell to pay for this leak - but a local newspaper has got hold of some pictures of the demolition of Hollywood Tour

442ecbd0-1f44-4e2f-a9be-3c45454f14fe.jpeg

7421540c-3915-4c54-a66f-95aadcbcd870.jpeg

And a few more from Looopings

0112detour5.jpg

0112detour2.jpg

0112detour4.jpg

Last edited:
One theory is Guest Services may move into this more prominent location and therefore out of the 4D cinema building opposite paving the way for it to be redeveloped into a new attraction next. Another medium-ish investment like Adventure Trail before tackling another major area project again (be it China or Crazy Bats).
Should be Crazy Bats / Hollywood Tour first. Geister Rickshaw is rubbish, but it's functional and isn't an eyesore. Putting a major attraction in China would make the park even more lopsided than it is currently (which is very). Nothing wrong with keeping Geister a few more years.

Yes and I'm the park would agree too.

But as the issue has always been for that site; Fantissima is a big profitable part of the business. The plan to move it into the expansion obviously didn't work out. So they are kinda stuck with it until they choose/sacrifice a piece of park land for a replacement theatre first.

Reactions: Sam
I stand by what I have said before: Hollywood Tour was the greatest scare attraction I've ever ridden.

Yes and I'm the park would agree too.

But as the issue has always been for that site; Fantissima is a big profitable part of the business. The plan to move it into the expansion obviously didn't work out. So they are kinda stuck with it until they choose/sacrifice a piece of park land for a replacement theatre first.

Surely they could build something on the area close to the houses at the bottom end of the lake?

Couldn’t they just remove Hollywood and crazy bats and put a new ride/s into that building and still keep the show where it is now?

Crazy Bats sits right on top of the show theatre, imagine logistics & safety wouldn't allow it to run at the same time as major work - however it's a moot point given the coaster is built into the building structure so would collapse anyway.
And who wants to keep that ugly metal shed that doesn't fit the Fantasy area? Moderation talks with the neighbours have even had mention of suggestions for a new lake side building to be more aesthetically pleasing and natural looking. Plus a few metres lower in height due to shadows (Wuze Town & Rookburgh meet these new planning regulations)

Once the time comes there's no way they won't demolish and start from scratch. China will only be a modernisation and new rides; while the Bats site offers the opportunity for another Rookburgh/Klugheim scale new area.

Currently sat in Cologne airport waiting for my flight home. Finally got out there to stay at Hotel Charles Lindburgh and ride FLY. Well what can I say but it exceeded expectations. The cabin didn't feel cramped and the bed and pillow was very comfortable. The food in the restaurant was of a good standard with breakfast being my favourite as I love a good buffet 😋 Some relaxed drinks in Bar 1919 and then a walk around the view points and then down into Rookburgh at 23:30. All to ourselves. Now FLY is just an engineering masterpiece and blew me away. I've never been so immersed in a coaster station as much as FLY, the music and lighting is spot on. The coaster felt more intense towards the front oddly enough, something I didn't expect in addition to the several pops of airtime after the second launch. Usually a prototype will always be beaten, but I can't see how any other launched Vekoma flyer could be an improvement over FLY. Oh and the new Adventure Trail is a great addition, especially in the dark with all the Wintertraum lighting intertwined into all the netting. Very atmospheric helped also by all the audio. Well done Phantasialand 👏

The flying coaster airtime FLY gives is a unique and exciting experience. Most of us will be used to sacraficing the tops of our thigh's for decent airtime moments on sit downs. But on FLY you feel a nice and comfortable bit of pressure as the the back half of your body pushes against the seat.

It's a great coaster with a great layout, fantastically themed, smooth and relatively comfortable. My only criticism is the ankle restraints. It's hard to believe this is from the same company that built all those torturous SLC's.