• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

Today the newest 'expansion' to Deep In Africa opened - the new pathway over the station of Black Mamba. Along the path are new seating areas with tables, viewpoints of Mamba, an additional drinks outlet (yet to open) and new buildings to explore. The exit of Adventure Trail and the connection to Berlin have also been rerouted to this path; you now go through an embassy building to get to Berlin.
IMG_2325.png

IMG_2324.png

IMG_2323.png

IMG_2322.png

IMG_2320.png

IMG_2319.png

IMG_2318.png

IMG_2316.png

Source

'Tourist Maps' showing the new and improved Africa area
Screenshot_2023-07-16_at_18.20.58.png

Reminder of the last few years of plussing work.
A GIF showing the overall transformation of Deep In Africa following the last years of plussing work with new theming, F&B outlets, paths, Kroka's Lodge and the Adventure Trail - 2019 vs 2023.
IMB_Fy9yc4.gif

Over in Berlin further theming details have been added this week including a backstory to the kids wheel; and a postcards stand - the postcards being a range of historic images of actual Berlin and old Phantasialand, and Rookburgh. After the Galaxy Easter egg as well in the new toilets it seems their new designer is quite the nostalgic.
IMG_2328.png

IMG_2329.png
IMG_2330.png

Last edited:
@CSLKenny Speaking of the creative team, has there been any word on who has officially taken up the mantle following Eric Daman?

2019 - Crazy Bats, 2020/21 - F.L.Y., 2022 - Adventure Trail. It's not too bad. Not as if they have loads of space for regular additional attractions, and there was a pandemic and Rookburgh going over budget too.
Now Africa 2.0, minus whatever hotel expansion is going into the lift-hill building, and the Berlin developments are completed I imagine soon begins the next thing - given Bats won't be touched yet (dinner show is selling tickets for next year) it's not going to a Rookburgh or Klugheim style whole new park area project but a normal new attraction development which doesn't take as long.

@CSLKenny Speaking of the creative team, has there been any word on who has officially taken up the mantle following Eric Daman?
Sven Riegel - his CV includes Flying Aces in Ferrari World, masterplan for Sochi Park and a few years as an art director in Universal Creative for USJ and Epic Universe.

Could Fantissima be relocated to a building near Wakobato? I know the park can't build big down there but it'd be a place to put a show building out the way of the current site so they can get the wrecking ball in

Are they ever going to allow you to access Rookburgh from the mystery side of the park? Seemed almost like that looked like it would be the more grand an entrance way during the construction phase.

Could Fantissima be relocated to a building near Wakobato? I know the park can't build big down there but it'd be a place to put a show building out the way of the current site so they can get the wrecking ball in
Potentially on the former maze site directly behind Crazy Bats. That's the only site back there they might get permission for. Anything closer to the houses no chance, an application for just a garden at Wakobato was even rejected.

Are they ever going to allow you to access Rookburgh from the mystery side of the park? Seemed almost like that looked like it would be the more grand an entrance way during the construction phase.
From Fantasy/Wuze the gate is staying just for emergency vehicle/backstage access. They want to keep for immersion the tunnel as the only entry in the same vain as Universal's Diagon Alley and Super Mario.

Weren't they trying to get permission to build off-site by the motorway junction at one point? It would make sense to move something like Fantissma to a new building further out like that.

Weren't they trying to get permission to build off-site by the motorway junction at one point? It would make sense to move something like Fantissma to a new building further out like that.

I was reading up about this a few months ago. Apparently, it's all very political and there are a lot of hoops to jump through. Thus far the timeline it's taken to get to the current point it's taken nearly 15 years, so I don't think we'll see anything in a hurry.

I'm sure a big project will be coming sooner rather than later, but whilst they wait for the details to be put together, they'll update other areas to bring them up to standards.

I have been at the park today for the first time, I am blown away by how good the park is. Staying onsite as well and got given a room upgrade with a balcony that overlooking the vertical loop on black mamba (didn’t book a balcony room). Looking forward to a final day in the park tomorrow.

I have been at the park today for the first time, I am blown away by how good the park is. Staying onsite as well and got given a room upgrade with a balcony that overlooking the vertical loop on black mamba (didn’t book a balcony room). Looking forward to a final day in the park tomorrow.
Although it isn't my favourite Eurooean park - there's simply *nothing* in Europe that beats the overwhelming brilliance of a first ever day at Phantasialand.

Treasure it.

Although it isn't my favourite Eurooean park - there's simply *nothing* in Europe that beats the overwhelming brilliance of a first ever day at Phantasialand.

Treasure it.
Having been to Europa park back in 2019, overall I would probably still say Europa is my favourite in Europe just due to the overall range of rides and how great that resort is.

Looking forward to heading to Europa for 5 nights and my second ever visit on Wednesday. Plus first time stopping in Hotel Bell Rock.

Having previously read a few of the odd customer service things that operate at Phantasialand - I have to say staff especially in the hotels have been great, including when emailed them (replies with 10 minutes), you can now easily pay online with a Debit/credit Card rather than a bank transfer. Plus ride queues are closing at ride close (this is advertised
On the queue time boards) which has been currently extended to 7pm for summer.

Also not sure if this has always been the case but ride opening is advertised at 10am. However they are opening (also advertising the fact in the app) that some rides open at 9.30am- black mamba, Colorado adventure, river quest, Tikal, adventure trail, mouse au chocolat and the wave swinger.

Last edited:
Having been to Europa park back in 2019, overall I would probably still say Europa is my favourite in Europe just due to the overall range of rides and how great that resort is.

Looking forward to heading to Europa for 5 nights and my second ever visit on Wednesday. Plus first time stopping in Hotel Bell Rock.

Having previously read a few of the odd customer service things that operate at Phantasialand - I have to say staff especially in the hotels have been great, including when emailed them (replies with 10 minutes), you can now easily pay online with a Debit/credit Card rather than a bank transfer. Plus ride queues are closing at ride close (this is advertised
On the queue time boards) which has been currently extended to 7pm for summer.

Also not sure if this has always been the case but ride opening is advertised at 10am. However they are opening (also advertising the fact in the app) that some rides open at 9.30am- black mamba, Colorado adventure, river quest, Tikal, adventure trail, mouse au chocolat and the wave swinger.
Some rides have always opened at 9.30am. But if Taron and Fly are not till actual closing time then that's a step in the right direction. It bugged me last year how there were already 400 people waiting before RiverQuest even opened.

Historically, everything shut 15 minutes before closing time expect Taron and Fly which shut at least 30 minutes prior.

Saying that... the whole place used to open later anyway. Phantasialand have really curtailed their hours since pre Rona.

Still stands as the best theme park I've ever been to, yet to stay in Matamba though. Might have to be next visit.

It’s virtually all rides where the queue closes as closing time- the app states next to every ride today that the queue closes at 7pm. Was same as yesterday.

It is odd they don’t open fly and Taron at 9.30 (or even 9). Staying in Matamba has worked well for first ride being black mamba as means can be one of the first few online for when opens at 9.30 with the hotel entrance being next to the ride entrance.

I adore Phantasia, but the more you go to both parks the further that gap widens.

I've done 3 days at each, not a huge amount but I agree. Phantasia has that edge for me. Returning last year with the additions of FLY and Taron cemented it