• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

When I stayed in the Charles Lindbergh the lovely man who lets you into the park said to also go up to the top of the next tower along. Said that one has the best view of Rookburgh.

When I stayed in the Charles Lindbergh the lovely man who lets you into the park said to also go up to the top of the next tower along. Said that one has the best view of Rookburgh.

Sounds like the same gent who pointed us that way. The staff seemed really friendly on my last visit

Does anyone know why Black Mamba has been down the last few days? Only info I can find is that it’s down for unscheduled maintenance. I’m heading over in a couple weeks and hope it’s back open by then 😥

Does anyone know why Black Mamba has been down the last few days? Only info I can find is that it’s down for unscheduled maintenance. I’m heading over in a couple weeks and hope it’s back open by then 😥
Some unexpected major issue apparently has arisen. Rather awkward with 'Africa 2.0' being the new offering of this year. Fingers crossed it's resolved come your visit.

Some unexpected major issue apparently has arisen. Rather awkward with 'Africa 2.0' being the new offering of this year. Fingers crossed it's resolved come your visit.

Yeah I’m not hopeful 😂 there’s pictures circulating of a support section of the ride currently covered in tarp whilst they work to fix it. Pure speculation but could it be a split similar to what Fury 325 at Carrowinds suffered earlier in the summer?

Rumour is some structural issue yes. However interestingly that loop support covered up right now for work has a history - back when Mamba was first constructed B&M made a manufacturing mistake which wasn't discovered until the support was on site and didn't fit. Caused a month delay until they got a support back correctly made. Now that same spot has issues it appears.
But perhaps just a coincidence given it's worked seemingly for the 17 years since. Might be unrelated concrete issues given the crazy levels of foundations in the heavily built up area. Who knows.

A friend was there yesterday and Chiapas was also closed all day, and appears to be so today as well. My first visit is next week and while I can deal with not riding Black Mamba, missing Chiapas would really be a travesty. Here’s hoping they get that up and running before too long…

My first visit on the 12th so will be gutted if both those rides are still down. Have kinda written off Black Mamba but hopefully Chiapas is back open in time for your visit!

Same, my first visit is on the 11th. We're in the same boat... or not, depending on if they get Chiapas open by then!

I found a post on Twitter, someone DM'd the official park account. Their answer (translated to English) was that "unfortunately, Black Mamba is closed for maintenance and Chiapas for technical failure." The user then asked, on Tuesday the 27th, if Chiapas would be open by their visit on the 29th, and the park said "We hope so, but the chances are slim."

No real information about Chiapas, but it doesn't sound like they are expecting a long maintenance period, and that it could potentially open soon. Fingers crossed!

Hoping these issues are sorted before my visit later next month. I can't imagine Phantasialand is a park that would cope well with having 2 major attractions down.

Very annoying! We’re visiting for the first time in 3 weeks. We’re now thinking we might cancel and go to Efteling instead if they’re still shut the week before we go. Luckily we’re driving from London so it’s a bit more flexible. Free cancellation at Ling Bao 3 days before arrival. Staying in the H+ Hotel afterwards, probably not changeable but not the end of the world if we have to stay there after Efteling, just a 2 hour drive between them and we can still visit Cologne as planned.

But fingers crossed all OK for Black Mamba and Chiapas! They’re racking up a fair number of bad reviews on Google at the moment because of it.