• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

Are the rides open for this event?

Yes, almost every major attraction is open for Wintertraum with the only exception being River Quest plus three smaller Wuze Town attractions which is fine, because Chiapas is open! I went 4 years ago and highly recommend it, the park goes all out on decorations and Taron in the dark is incredibly fun.

Yes, almost every major attraction is open for Wintertraum with the only exception being River Quest plus three smaller Wuze Town attractions which is fine, because Chiapas is open! I went 4 years ago and highly recommend it, the park goes all out on decorations and Taron in the dark is incredibly fun.
Thank you for the info! It looks absolutely beautiful! 😍

Wintertraum preparations were well underway when we were at the park the other week. Not done the event for a few years now, but it definitely is worth it. However, I still much prefer winter season at Europa-Park.

I was able to do my very first night rides during Wintertraum. The amount of lights and effects are beautiful especially in Klugheim and Rookburgh. They benefit from this atmosphere. And like John_P said, you'll experience the rides on Taron in a very special way. Make sure to get first row to numb your face.

Very tempted to book Wintertraum as I've not been on Taron in a while now. But it's such a shame they don't do ERT on Taron anymore. That hour of walk on Taron rides used to be *so* good. Would love them to bring it back but can't see it happening now with all the focus on FLY and Charles Lindbergh.

Does anyone know when they will release tickets for April? I keep checking but feel like I could be in for a long wait!

I am going to Phantasialand for 3 days on the may holidays. I have a few questions for when i go.

1. Can you film onride any of the attractions/rollercoasters? If so which ones. I would be using a go pro with a chest strap.
2. Which rides have a single rider queue?
3. Is Wakobato still operating?
4. Can you bring your bag on Würmling express or Wakobato?
5. Is it true that the F.L.Y. front row queue is mostly an hour?
6. How wet do you get on Chiapas and River Quest?
7. How much extra waiting time roughly for the front row on Taron, black mamba etc.
8. Is there a front row queue for Raik?
9. I heard that some rides/coasters open before 10AM. Is this true? If so, which rides do.
10. Where is the best, cheap place to eat that isnt too crowded?

These are the ones I think I can answer

1) no, unless you've gotten permission from the park/media team people.

2) Taron did which reopened this year, FLY is set up for one but has never been used.

5) completely depends on how busy the park is, probably quickest way to do it is to join the queue for FLY before the ride opens.

6) Chiapas you'll get wet, River Quest if you get unlucky you'll end up completely drenched

7) for Taron it'll be dependent on how many people have joined it were it splits off from the main queue

8) No

9) Black Mamba has opened at 9.30am in the past

10) depends on what you'd consider cheap but Rutmors Tavern in Klugheim is a great place to eat.

These are the ones I think I can answer

1) no, unless you've gotten permission from the park/media team people.

2) Taron did which reopened this year, FLY is set up for one but has never been used.

5) completely depends on how busy the park is, probably quickest way to do it is to join the queue for FLY before the ride opens.

6) Chiapas you'll get wet, River Quest if you get unlucky you'll end up completely drenched

7) for Taron it'll be dependent on how many people have joined it were it splits off from the main queue

8) No

9) Black Mamba has opened at 9.30am in the past

10) depends on what you'd consider cheap but Rutmors Tavern in Klugheim is a great place to eat.
Thanks for the help!

Due to the relocation of QuickPass, Black Mamba no longer has a front row queue and rows are now allocated. If you get to the station at the right time they may accept requests but there are no guarantees. In my experience the front row queue for Taron is often fairly short but I've never bothered with FLYs as the split point is way too far back and you have to commit when you can't see how long it is.

Wakobato looked pretty abandoned back in October but it's possible it's become seasonal and will reopen for summer.

Wakobato was operating in September, and you can bring all your stuff on that and Wurmling Express.

FLY front row queue is probably about an additional 45-60 minutes, depending on the length of the regular queue. I would say it's fully worth it for FLY, the front row is much better than the rest of the rows. You feel like Harry Potter.

I got absolutely drenched on Chiapas, like "I just took a long shower, fully clothed" wet. I got off River Quest almost entirely dry, though I have heard the reverse, so your mileage may vary. For Chiapas, try to keep your feet up off the floor if possible, as water gets stuck there and sloshes back and forth and will absolutely soak your shoes.

The front row for Taron says "45 minutes from this point" at the queue split, but when I went, on an admittedly light crowd day, it was about an additional 10 minutes for the first row. You can look at how many people are in that line, assume one minute per every pair (I timed this and it was very consistent), and do the math yourself. Also can wholeheartedly recommend waiting for this, Taron front row left seat is probably my favorite seat on any coaster I've ever been on.

Some of the rides in the Berlin area open earlier than 10, the carousel and swings I believe.

And finally, there's a lot of various snack food in the walking path between the end of Berlin and Mexico. The vegetarian pizza was good, the frozen yogurt was good, and I had a delicious fruit bowl as well. Can't speak to actual meals but all of the snacks I had at Phantasialand were great.

Enjoy, it's really a world class park.

Taron single rider is very handy. The main queue moves a bit slower now that they've added a fast pass option. We waited 10-15 mins from the bottom of the stairs and just over 30 from the top of the stairs.

The main queue tends to hover between 60-90 mins all on busy days.

Chiapas has suffered some kind of issue in the recent harsh weather and from today will remain closed until the end of Wintertraum for maintenance.

I am going to Phantasialand for 3 days on the may holidays. I have a few questions for when i go.

1. Can you film onride any of the attractions/rollercoasters? If so which ones. I would be using a go pro with a chest strap.
2. Which rides have a single rider queue?
3. Is Wakobato still operating?
4. Can you bring your bag on Würmling express or Wakobato?
5. Is it true that the F.L.Y. front row queue is mostly an hour?
6. How wet do you get on Chiapas and River Quest?
7. How much extra waiting time roughly for the front row on Taron, black mamba etc.
8. Is there a front row queue for Raik?
9. I heard that some rides/coasters open before 10AM. Is this true? If so, which rides do.
10. Where is the best, cheap place to eat that isnt too crowded?
1. No
2. Taron & Raik
3. As a quiet boat ride yes
4. Yes
5. As with any queue depends on many people are in it and how many trains are being run
6. Quite, and Very if unlucky
7. Again variable depending on factors at Taron. Doesn't exist on Mamba
8. Yes
9. Some Berlin attractions, and possibly select others on peak days.

Chiapas has suffered some kind of issue in the recent harsh weather and from today will remain closed until the end of Wintertraum for maintenance.
The sheer amount of leaking on Chiapas has to be a concern for its longer term future, there is water absolutely everywhere! It wouldn't be a surprise if in cold weather water in some of the theming is freezing and thawing, causing damage.