• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

I agree that when it was first announced that Phantasialand were getting an Intamin Blitz coaster that most people would have thought it had the chance to be one of the best coasters in the world. For me it become pretty clear during construction that whilst it looked great it wasn't going to be up there with say the likes of Maverick or Helix (as steel comparators).

I don't see there being an issue with some people thinking it is fantastic and one the best coasters yet others thinking it's good but not what they hoped for. I really like it as it provides what I want from a good coaster but everyone is different and has their of preference. Now if someone came out and said that it was crap I might take issue but no-one is saying that. In fact no-one has called it anything less than good from what I can see!

:)

No real major news on future Phantasialand stuff - doubt there will be for a while - mostly speculation.

The only real update on the Phantafriends forum is that it has been reported that some of Phantasialand's team behind the theming (don't know what the official title is - designers? creative team?) of Klugheim, Chiapas and Black Mamba have been seen around the picnic area behind Wuze Town. They spent a long time photographing the area. Apparently the picnic area signs have also recently been removed.

picnic.png.8ae521bfa0a846bd6d92182cca6c990e.png

Interesting. That picnic area and the toilets next to it, is a very neglected dead end in the park. It would be nice to see it spruced up themed or better ultilised somehow. Be interesting to see it anything is done there in the near future.

The Winjas queue line could do with some work especially as it looks rather temporary with the wooden divider walls. On Phantafriends there has been some discussion this year regarding this with people expecting some kind of refurbishment (similar to River Quest this year) to Winjas to update and improve the area at some point soon. Does this have anything to do with it?
Or could the team looking at this deadspot area just be preparation for future redevelopment/replacement of the Temple of the Nighthawk/Hollywood Tour building. (which I assume will the next mega project in a few years after the Race for Atlantis site).

Not really any news from the Race for Atlantis site itself. All that appears to be happening is work to clear and flatten the site. Whether the new attraction or attractions or area will be for 2018 or 19 still remains to be seen. When asked about what is coming to the site Mr Loffelhart, Phl's owner, simply said 'Something nice' and the Phantasialand's official line when asked on social media is that it will be better than RfA (not difficult to do that) and that we have to wait and see.
The site is the same size as Klugheim, will it be new themed area or an extension of the Berlin or Fantasy themes?

I really hope for a dark ride in new themed area or a Berlin extension. I like the Fantasy area but it is by far my least favourite theme in Phantasialand.

I can't imagine they will get rid of Wuzeball, but maybe the new development will make it more prominent!

With Project V at EP and Symbolica at Efteling you would think that Phantasialand's next major project will be some sort of dark ride to try and compete. A world class dark ride would be incredible!

:)

It certainly would make sense.
Although regardless of what other parks are doing, I think the park is simply missing a large (non shooting) modern dark ride which can fill the gap in the line up left by Silbermine.

Also what else can the park do anyway?
We've just had rollercoasters and water ride so dark ride would now make sense.

I think all that is certain is it won't be a coaster. Taron and Raik were the first ones for 10 years. While I don't think we will have to wait quite as long again it will still be a few years - I expect a indoor coaster to replace Temple of the Nighthawk eventually.

20161017_153844.jpg.661d8c7872955a99ed8e2bbcf54b8397.jpg

A very big drill has been erected and is at work.
Foundations for a building or a building with a large underground part?

Back in 1970s the Alt Berlin themed area had a Horse Tram running along the street.

Phantasialand have being doing a daily video series showing the preparations for their Winter season. The most recent one revealed that the Horse Tram will be returning! - As a mulled wined stand.
The Tramcar is currently being restored and converted into the stall for the 2016-2017 winter season (and will presumably continue to be a feature for future years).

758_001.jpg

What a great start to the park's 50th anniversary year in 2017!

It will certainly be interesting to see what will occupy the former Race For Atlantis site, given the massive footprint.

I'm personally hoping for a modern dark ride as I feel it's what Phantasialand is currently lacking and given the fact Nighthawk, Hollywood & Geister Riksha are apparently on the chopping board next, the park would run dry in dark rides.

A lot of work is still carrying on at the Race for Atlantis site with two drills now at work.

However as mentioned by one of the Klugheim project staff in the summer work the River Quest refurbishment is not yet done. The ride is closed during the winter season and they have begun to create more rock work at the top of the building.

15202565_1352908238077333_3756443890426039950_n.thumb.jpg.6be791cd8a0cc558c8a0eb224aa1b27f.jpg

They started from refurbishment works two years ago and then last year saw the main works such as major new theming, repaints and a technical overhaul/new equipment. Whether anything more than just some more theming is happening this time is unknown at the moment.

There have been rumours of a new entrance for River Quest for ages now so we might see that come to pass. The hole in the building which the Phantasialand-Jet monorail went through which is now at the bridge from the china path down to Raik has been boarded up since the summer. Some seem to think it might become the entrance, so people enter from Klugheim further integrating the ride with the area.

Interesting. Wouldn't that leave MC stranded alone on the edge of China? Either way, let's hope they can sort out RQ's reliability.

^ I certainly would bloody hope so! The issues its had this summer are mad. The queue for most of the summer was as long as Taron's and on occasion longer! Only had 5 boats running. Boats weren't making up the rollers in the tunnel into the lifts. When I visited in July I saw a boat get stuck on the third drop.
I really like RQ so they better fix it.
But I'm intrigued to see what other theming they could possibly add.

A bit of theming up on the top spiral section would be nice as it was a little bare from what I remember, or adding in some audio. It is one crazy ride and I hope these issues people are mentioning get resolved, it didn't seem to have any problems when I visited in early May.

The cover infront of the new construction area has been taken down (probably due to high winds) which opens a new perspective:

021216lovebet7.jpg

021216lovebet9.jpg

Source

Was in Phantasialand on Friday and first of all the park looks amazing during the Wintertraum. Taron at night was great. Can't wait to be there again tomorrow for day 2nd.

They are still working on theming the top battlements of RQ. Saw welding work and more rockwork appearing.

Drills and diggers still working away at RfA site.