• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

Phantasialand.....

The 2017 summer season will see an increase in the entry fee.
Children between 4 - 11 will now cost 35€ (previously 29€).
Adults will now cost 46,50€ (previously 45€).

On Monday from what I could see the new River Quest theming at the top of the building appears to be stone arches. Intrigued to see what is coming.

As bad price hikes seem to be, if the quality of the product offered remains of a high (or even higher) standard, then I don't have a problem with paying a little bit more for going. Especially at a park that is constantly investing in top quality attractions and has another mammoth investment on the way.

Shame I couldn't say the same for places like Towers that constantly yank prices whilst reducing the offering.

If a UK park put kids admission prices up by over 20% there'd be an outcry.

Just saying.

;)

That'd be because UK parks are clearly just pocketing the money, rather than spending it on world class attractions.

That'd be because UK parks are clearly just pocketing the money, rather than spending it on world class attractions.

I agree with you about the attractions being added.

But my point stands. I have already read several German Facebook pages where there is some quite heavy abuse going towards the park for the kids ticket rises at PL for 2017.

That price rise is very steep even for a park as good as Phantasialand. It's not like they've just added a whole new themed area for kids to warrant that price hike, even if they had it'd still be too steep.

DSC03194.JPG.09de71612239e616f0322d170f587855.JPG

New River Quest Theming.

I am glad they are adding to RQ. The ride is a bit "ghetto" up top.

Hopefully they can sort out some of the chronic reliability issues it's been having of late whilst they're at it. Doing something to boost the capacity would be a bonus too, the queue is an utter misery on hot/busy days.

So Tobi from Phantafriends who created and updated his model of Klugheim to show how construction was progressing has started a new model! This time of the construction work taking place on the former site of Race for Atlantis. Presumably this will be a 2018 attraction(s).

At the moment though it is literally just a hole in the ground.
The site looking towards Maus au Chocolat. Showing the concrete pile walls.
screenshot-2017-02-09-15-59-31.png.483ad77ef723ff4b480b5c485deeb34f.png

The site looking the other way towards the road and Winjas on the right.
screenshot-2017-02-09-16-00-53.png.3ff35b13b4015a7e3429b87d600f6c32.png

Diggers and trucks are still working away removing soil and rubble. The raised pathway in the middle is for trucks to drive out of the pit.
screenshot-2017-02-09-15-59-58.png.4ad5614db69913780bc9b3bc2f14e96a.png

The blue line represent a pile wall which is currently being poured. The white areas show where the drills are currently operating.
screenshot-2017-02-09-16-00-34.png.4b65acb52f268808c98878f846b495dd.png

Tobi is using a small figure of a builder to show how deep the pit is. He guesses it is around 5 meters deep at the road side and 3 meters deep at the side of Maus au Chocolat.
screenshot-2017-02-09-16-09-26.png.63f155ebb46f59474287ffddafe30da8.png

screenshot-2017-02-09-16-09-38.png.91a6edeecfa4d853889191ec1b03d814.png

Really intrigued as to what it will be.

Phantasialand are really getting into 'Behind the scenes' YouTube videos after the videos documenting Klugheim's construction and the 'Magie des Wintertraum mit Chris' series.

Today they started 'Misson Off-Season' which will show how they prepare the park for the summer season.
The first video is Mystery Castle - Das Seil (the cable). Really interesting to see and hear about the maintenance MC requires.

The video is only available in German.

There is also a blog post about the video.
https://phantasialandblog.de/mission-off-season-1-mystery-castle-das-seil/

Loving the River Quest additions!! It really is needed. The ride is an eyesore at the top once you're tipped out of the lift. I hope this little rejuvenation gives it a nicer feel.

Fingers crossed there's a team for the aesthetics and a team for maintenance!

Those new bits of theming look great and should hopefully give this ride some much needed styling and lease of life.

River Quest is certainly one of the more favourable Rapids I've done but I did find it comparitevly less themed to most of the park when I visited last year, not to mention the massive queues it was receiving due to it's reliability issues.

I'm also intrigued by what this new addition/area they are building on the former RFA site, given the interesting landscaping which doesn't give away too much.

Another behind the scenes off season video this time about the maintenance work to the station conveyor belt system. The video mentions a lot of RQ's mechanical parts are being renewed. Hopefully this will help solve 2016's reliability problems.