• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

I'm quite intrigued as to why much of the track is sideways in those photos. A number of years ago, I remember seeing a B&M patent application where flying cars would load and unload with the track being banked on its side similarly to that. As each car entered the station, the seats would rotate so they were right way up.

Is this Vekoma's version of that system? If so, and if there are dark ride sections, will the seats go through them sideways or in the flying position?

I had no idea just how close the park is to Vekoma HQ in Vlodrop,

Must be the closest major park to the manufacturer.

Does that include Europa Park and Mack?

When I said "the" manufacturer, I was only talking about Vekoma.

However, as it's interesting...

PL - Vekoma = 56 min drive
EP - Mack = 29 min drive

:)

Ah I get what you mean. I've had a look on a map and your right they really are close.

Recently I've heard from and read a number of comments by people who have claimed that ride staff have told them Temple of the Night Hawk and Hollywood Tour are being removed at the end of this season.
Together with the fact it has been rumoured for a few months now - even resulting in Temple's cult to set up a petition to save it, I think it is safe to say that this is definitely the end for the rides. The park tend not to announce ride closures and word of mouth is how we have found out in the past.

So after almost 30 years and 28 years respectively its seems it is the end for Temple of the Night Hawk and Hollywood Tour in January 2018.

Geister Rikscha lives on, for now...

I'm not really going to miss Hollywood Snore. Definitely one of those 'so bad it's bad' rides.

It's a pity Phantasialand never really got the charming cute rides in the 70s and 80s.

Although the park have replaced the rubbish with quality new rides, it's a shame because old stuff can breath an organic delight into theme parks (Efteling, EP etc.) whereby you ride it... your kids ride it... your grandkids ride it etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Could 1001 Nacht and whatever the boat ride underneath it was called have become those rides?

I rather regret not riding them back in 2007 now.

Phanta is an amazing park and your right, their theming would not look out of place in a disney park.

I have total faith that Rookburgh will be amazing.

1001 Nacht and Silbermine were both pretty solid rides. Phantasialand certainly seem to be on a roll, I am sure they will trip up at some point but I am sure there and grand plans in the making.

Fly certainly sounds an exciting and solid addition,given it will be the first launched flyer amongst being the longest. The Steampunk theme sounds fantastic as well.

It will be interesting to see whether it incorporates any dark ride elements/sections. I won't comment on Vekoma being the manufacturer, but hopefully seeing how both parties have progressed they will hopefully be onto something amazing.

It's imminent that Nighthawk and Hollywood are on their way out and won't be around for much longer. But there's one thing to wonder. if they are going next, what's happening to Fantasima, the park's dinner show? There currently isn't an alternative venue for it to relocate. Even if it was going to Rookburgh, that could still leave it temporarily unhomed.

I'd like to think Geister Riksha will only ever become updated, as despite it's age I still feel like it fits into Phantasialand quite well. Much better than Hollywood and Nighthawk do anyway.

Last edited:
But there's one to wonder if they are going next, what's happening to Fantasima? The park's dinner show which currently does not have an alternative venue to relocate for. Even if it was going to Rookburgh, that could still leave it temporarily unhomed.

I'd like to think Geister Riksha will only ever become updated, as despite it's age I still feel like it fits into Phantasialand quite well. Much better than Hollywood and Nighthawk do anyway.

The Rookburgh teaser sign unveiled in March mentioned experiencing the area 'day and night'. Fans seem to think it either is a reference to new accommodation (although with F.L.Y. + a rumoured another two attractions in the area I'd question if there is the space. Also the park's expansion plans which include a 3rd hotel have been in the news recently so they haven't been abandoned) or a new Fantissma theatre. The latter seems more likely considering TotNH is seemingly going.

Fantissma runs from September to June. The rides might close in January but Fantissma could continue till June while the park just rip out the insides of Hollywood Tour and Temple of the Night Hawk.
Then when Rookburgh opens in the summer that September it can start in its new venue.

But I suppose we have to wait and see what does happen.

The transformation is extremely exciting. My first visit was in ~2000 and the place has changed on an unprecedented scale.

Indeed, my first visit was only back in 2012 yet much of the park is unrecognisable from then. They have a great way of making spaces they have feel much bigger than they are which is almost essential for such a small park (in terms of area).

:)

I guess, since the park cannot expand, they have to replace. Which makes the difference more stark.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

With the second Celebration Day (midnight opening) this weekend, I've been catching up on some of the bits realised by the park.

This particular video caught my eye (ear?..); 50 years of Phantasialand music. There's a few different clips of soundtracks past and present.

This video also serves as a reminder of a time when parks produced cheesy as hell pop songs for the new attractions. Never forgot Hot Banditos' Talocan track *cringe* :p