• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

I'd be interested to know what the team's response would be if Phannyland start making demands about this topic, @Rob...?

Well seeing as we don't own any of the photos it would be up to the sites that do to remove them (and if they did they'd obviously vanish from here).

Speaking of photos, here are a couple more from Looopings:

090817ba2.jpg

090817ba3.jpg

:)

Interesting to see they have a similar locking ratchet to the B&M flying trains.

Huh. I always thought the Flying Dutchman coasters had those wierd butterfly restraints like Arrow 4Ds.

They're two separate restraints. The vest and the ratcheting lap bar. Not horrendous, but certainly not the optimum.

b1bSWUQ.jpg

Those new trains have a very B&M feel about them, which is of course a good thing. Vekoma continue to do good things at the moment it seems!

Work on the theming started now, with this steel structure going up:

c0a9171449a25aa87225c70a43bb8362.jpg

On the picture above to the right there is another structure with black steel:
acceb6dcd032d4c96bf0204a374618f9.jpg

This could potentially end up to be something that was already visible on the artwork:
08b3992f263d625cc2daaef8bc0b0b4c.jpg

Source

Reactions: Rob
I bet that steel structure going up in the first pic isn't theming, it's an extension to the wall to stop photos being taken ;)

This is interesting..
there are some track pieces with LSM modules in the color of the F.L.Y. track at Vekoma now, and they have a curve to them:

PMcmnHl.jpg

So it seems like the train is launched in flying position and then upwards?

Source

Ooo-errr they are very unusual track pieces. This is a fascinating project, looks like you are going to be launching up which will be really quite unique.

The launch track pieces can no longer be seen at Vlodrop. Seemingly they are on their way to Phantasialand. Really intrigued to see how they go together when erected on site.

It's going to be an interesting one.

I was at the park on Saturday for the Celebration Day, and it really sunk in the size of this ride. You can see it from Colorado's lifts. I thought it would be much lower profile.

A couple of other little things to note around the park:
  • Winjas' queueline is now sporting a pair of drinks vending machines. I think someone has finally realised how unpleasant that room is on a summer day!
  • Wakobato's end of the park is looking much better thanks to the refurbishment over the closed season. It's still a complete dead-end, but it certainly looks a little more loved than before.
  • Ling Bao's refresh has continued inside. The room corridors have been repainted and recarpeted from the old cream and red to a sort of deep plum. Personally I'm not sure if I like it. There's no windows on most of the corridors and they do feel quite dark and claustrophobic now.
  • The Celebration Day fireworks were brilliant. A much smaller scale than the shows you'd get from Alton, but a solid show none the less. It cannot be coincidence that the park bought the noisiest fireworks on the market... :p
Another little thing I noted was that the park now seem to be running Colorado in the rain, but only half loading the trains. Not sure if this was just to try and maximise availability given how busy the day was.

What is this Wuze Ball that you speak of? (Bear in mind that I've never visited Phantasialand before.)

What is this Wuze Ball that you speak of? (Bear in mind that I've never visited Phantasialand before.)

Wings Fear and Force (Spinball x 10 basically) but live in an area called Wuze Town.

Wuze + Spinball = Wuze Ball

EDIT: Turns out my deduction is wrong... the floor is open to someone who knows what they are on about :D

Last edited:
Ah right. Thanks very much!

(By the way, do you run Theme Park Guide? Because if you do, you do great construction updates!)