• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Photo - upsell off ride

Towseriv

TS Member
Hi,

Did anyone know that the guys who take your photo as you walk in cannot use a photopass as payment?

Also the price is crazy! I was quoted £10 for 1 photo or £12 for two.

I have to say the shots were brilliant and since I specifically wanted them I was happy but I find the price and the fact you cant use the photopass crazy.

There's a fair argument to be made for buying ORPs, as unless you're a good photographer (a category into which a number of TSTers fall), it's difficult to obtain a similarly good photo.

I see zero reason for buying a walkabout photo though, as anything they can snap, you can snap yourself, probably better as you'll have a few extra seconds that the Picsolve people would be using to grab another upsell.

The only reason I wanted one was for a quality family snap for my daughter to take to school for a project starting tomorrow. Saying that the only reason first of all I thought of this option was because I had one photopass ticket left from a few weeks back when I went with work.

I would have probably still ended up using this option as a one off I suppose since there is no way I am trusting a stranger with my phone or my wifes camera

Towseriv said:
...there is no way I am trusting a stranger with my phone or my wifes camera
It's all about choosing the right person, not everyone is a thief. Even better, a member of staff :)

Staff members are encouraged to take photos for people! :)

I've bought a few of the Walkabout photos over the years... they use good cameras, I never feel pressured or obligated and often they're just lovely memories of you all fresh (hungover) and excited for the day ahead. :D

I can understand why they're not included in the Photopass. They're not on-ride photos. :D They're more personal and taken by an actual person.

Does anyone remember when Ray worked for Walkabout and took a picture of about 30 of us all laid out on the gardens on a sunny day in April 2007? Would love to see that again. :)

Kaycee said:
Does anyone remember when Ray worked for Walkabout and took a picture of about 30 of us all laid out on the gardens on a sunny day in April 2007? Would love to see that again. :)

Good times, still got it on my shelf after all these years! :) Dug it out for you KC.

579380_10151809054165398_168589871_n.jpg

I cant argue the guy that did the shot was great and really took into account what we were looking for, I cant fault the quality but £10 for one is a little steep. Then again I suppose when a group wants one its not that bad on the whole

I've also noticed that they 'shop the photo a little to remove blemishes etc, yes I know this can be done on a pc at home for no cost, but it's just the convenience of it being there instantly in your hand.

Let's face it, out of all photos taken on your phone/camera etc, I wonder what % gets printed off?

I don't mind it. It's a bit more expensive than an ORP but that's understandable. It's nice to get a decent group shot with an AT frame and all that.

Besides, you're under no obligation to buy it, even if you're the sort of person who can't say no or ignore them, just pose for the picture and walk off, it's not like you have to buy it.

Blaze said:
I don't mind it. It's a bit more expensive than an ORP but that's understandable. It's nice to get a decent group shot with an AT frame and all that.

Besides, you're under no obligation to buy it, even if you're the sort of person who can't say no or ignore them, just pose for the picture and walk off, it's not like you have to buy it.

I agree entirely, in fact I did even say to the other half that it would be something I would do every six months or so just to show the family growing up.

The guys that take the photo's must get some grief though