• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Planet Coaster 2: Confirmed!

Wow, that scenery brush in particular sounds like a complete game changer! The amount of time I've spent painstakingly placing repeated scenery items (e.g. trees or bushes) one by one over the years is unbelievable, so it's great to know that they're making this easier!

As @MaxPower said, it literally is just a case of "shut up and take my money" at this point! This game sounds absolutely amazing!

A quirky feature of being able to add scenery to ride cars is that there doesn’t seem to be a scale or placement limit. This means you could effectively put a bunch of scenery “on rails” as an animated backdrop for a bigger attraction.

To me it looks like a lot of inspiration from Cities Skylines in terms of pathing tool.

Hopefully the launch isn't like that one's sequel.

I very much doubt it, which is good news, seeing as the game is releasing on consoles on the same date. That in itself gives assurances that certain development mile stones have been reached. You can't have a game release on console in the state Cities Skylines 2 was in. Microsoft and Sony simply block it, which is exactly what they did for Cities Skylines 2.

So Planco 2 is out 6th November

Awesome, not too long to wait then!

Also, the next issue of PC Gamer has a PlanCo feature and special front cover, and is available now.

We can finally recreate Thirteen!

1726154686269.png

Hope we can use them as elevators as well! 🤞

Edit: here are the prices:

Regular edition £39:99
Deluxe edition: £54:99

The deluxe edition includes a Vintage Pack with quite a few rides, and if you preorder it you get three bonus rides, including what looks to be a Haunted Mansion-style omnimover, the Outamax (Intamin) water coaster and The Cube (PC1's ABC Rides Tourbillon).

Last edited:
So Planco 2 is out 6th November

Incredibly convenient for them, not so much for me, that the original is being removed from PlayStation Plus this month. I understand and appreciate the commercial reasoning, still a little annoyed. I'll most likely pick up a second hand original at some point.

Incredibly convenient for them, not so much for me, that the original is being removed from PlayStation Plus this month. I understand and appreciate the commercial reasoning, still a little annoyed. I'll most likely pick up a second hand original at some point.
Oh the joys of subscription services where content providers can remove things as they see fit without a second thought for their customers. The reason why I still buy blu rays and CDs/MP3 downloads when I can!

Last edited:
It seems that if you pre-order you get 3 additional rides included, which are the equivalent of an Intamin Water Coaster, an omnimover and an ABC Tourbillon. But it remains to be seen whether you will be able to buy these separately down the line. Worth noting it doesn’t matter if you pre-order the standard or deluxe edition.

I don’t much fancy pre-ordering without having seen the game settle in yet and seeing what you can actually do with it all, but on the other hand I can see an omnimover being really useful!

Source: https://www.planetcoaster.com/buy

They can take my money, this game is shaping up to look amazing. Just improvement after improvement on the first game.

Looks like the lighting engine has had a HUGE update, dark rides are now possible in proper darkness without having to use terrain, the lighting looks stunning full stop and a much bigger improvement over the original game.

This is shaping up to be something big for sure, November 6th cannot come soon enough. While the coaster builder is not spine based, which is good, it absolutely appears to have had some major under the hood improvements to make coaster tracks smoother.

I cannot wait to just get stuck into making a new park, I cannot play the OG game now after seeing the videos.

Last edited:
Double post but the system requirements have also revealed themselves yesterday for the PC version of the game.
As taken from Steam...

Minimum:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system Windows 10 64bit (22H2)
Processor: Intel i5-6600K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Memory: 16 GB RAM MB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB VRAM) / AMD Radeon RX 5600XT (6GB VRAM) / Intel Arc 750 (8GB VRAM)
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 25 GB available space

Recommended:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system Windows 10,11 64bit
Processor: Intel i7-10700K / AMD Ryzen 7 5800
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (8GB VRAM) / AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT (12GB VRAM) / Intel Arc 770 (16GB VRAM)
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 25 GB available space

Quite modest actually, a jump from the first for sure, that is expected from a 2016 game, but they are not hugely demanding. Unless you are running PC1 on the bare minimum specs, more people who have a relatively modern system, should have no problem running this.

If anyone is struggling to gauge if their system will run the game or not, feel free to post the specs for assistance. Websites like 'Can I run it' and other nonsense are never too accurate. The naming schemes and numbering schemes within modern computer hardware is a minefield too, a bigger number rarely automatically means better in this day and age, you really do need to know hardware and it's capabilities. Before you ask @Matt N, you posted the specs of your PC you brought a few years ago in another post, you will be very pleased to hear (as you did question this a few months ago) your PC is very close to the recommended specs of this game. You should have a great experience from day one running this game. I would say you are within about 90% of the recommended specs, very nice. I just hope the game is optimised well. After seeing Planet Zoo and how much it progressed since Planet Coaster in that regard, I think it should be nice. Lag will still set in at some point though for everyone on PC, as there is no build limit on PC and it is the nature of this sort of game. You cannot build and build forever lag free. Computers do not work like that unfortunately, the more you build, the more computation needs doing in the background, on our machines that have a finite amount of computation capability.

It is worth mentioning though, the build limit can be turned on and off on PC for the limits of both Xbox and PS5 I believe, it was mentioned. This because parks can be shared across all platforms. So for PC to be able to properly share it park to either console, it needs to know what the build limit is of the consoles and not exceed it for any given park, so that it can be shared.

The 7 week countdown begins, can't wait to see everyone's creations on here!

I am very much looking forward to all the hype surround this game, the huge number of users on this forum across PC, Xbox and PS5 that will no doubt be all playing and sharing things about this game from day one, it is going to be something great I think.

Here is what you get in the pre order and deluxe purchases as extras...

1726197249975.png

Last edited: