• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Planet Coaster: What you've been up to?

Just had an upgrade on my PC, found a really cheap deal on the Ryzen 5700x processor.

I went from the Ryzen 2700x CPU. The difference is night and day. Downloaded some huge parks off the workshop with millions of objects. Parks absolutely packed with details and intricate areas, such as Funderland Magic Kingdom (highly recommend looking at). Funderland Adventure Valley and MPC Adventures - Park & Resort. I've kept the rest of my system the same. 32GB ram, RTX 3070 graphics card

The difference is mind blowing to be fair. Went from getting between 2 and 5FPS on thess massive parks, to around 30fps on them all now. This is with huge amounts of rides, scenery and tens of thousands of guests in the parks. Smaller parks get much higher performance.

Just a heads up incase anyone is looking to upgrade any time soon.

I can now finally carry on with projects I was struggling with due to low FPS, no project now seems out of reach. Just in time for the heavily rumoured and imminent Planet Coaster 2 announcement.

Last edited:
Struggling with custom billboards for one of my projects. It'll trigger, the audio will play but the screen remains black or white depending on spec. WEBM format as the game demands but no joy. Are they still hilariously broken or am I an idiot?

Struggling with custom billboards for one of my projects. It'll trigger, the audio will play but the screen remains black or white depending on spec. WEBM format as the game demands but no joy. Are they still hilariously broken or am I an idiot?

Are you trying to see them triggering while the game speed is sped up? They won't trigger when this is the case. The game has to be running normal speed to trigger.

Are you trying to see them triggering while the game speed is sped up? They won't trigger when this is the case. The game has to be running normal speed to trigger.
Normal speed etc. I'll post the current setup of it tonight (without the boards) but they'd be useful

Made a modern Intamin Blitz Rita replacement. Features a mid course valley dive.

Hardest part was making the bloody Pagoda fountain.

The valley section is really cool. Shows how a coaster diving in there could be incredible.

On a similar note I've been working on a tribute to Nemesis. Call it the bizarre love child of two wild beasts (Nemesis and Maverick). I haven't had much to show before now, but I was quite pleased with this section of track being ensnared by anouther tendril of track.

AIL4fc_stg2Toy4yd7XTIcGaUWDWoke5sWfGhD7v527u8fYIEC6RKzOFLFRPVmWlAE_dhRA79oCwAKQ0OJHh3kOJwv98rgvITvqtkYTTV_3-TB93aC6pvNg7IKppmJBmgCIYicmSv_6z8AktNxJwAHtmVJaG=w1280-h846-s-no

Hope I can finish this before Nemesis re-opens next year, as I suspect a few idea's I've been working on might actually appear on the real thing.

So, I had another crack at Horizon. With the current partnership between B&M and Merlin, why not make a 1.2m Family Invert/dark ride?

All the lift hills would be enclosed but PC scenery building does my head in. The brake run would be another dark ride section, along with the pre-lift 2 section. This ride should hopefully bolster a weak part of the AT lineup, the 1.2m crowd, and provide an indoor attraction.

1692646869840.png

1692646932606.png

I've just started a toned down version of my conceived 'Jungle River Expedition' dark boat ride. Set deep within the Peruvian jungles, the stunning landscapes, scenery and natural environments of South America, hold darker tales for the very brave...

This ride is the first piece of the park of which the entrance I posted last year right here, in this thread.

This is very much a work in progress, much more detail to come.

First two photos are showing the station and front of the ride and exit. The boat ride will meander through a dense jungle, under some rocks and then into caves...where it will also enter the giant show building. The ride route will exit from the buildings façade and will be immediately behind a raging waterfall. You can see where the waterfall will drop from with the water turbulence on the cliff edge.
20240117043018_1.jpg20240117040246_1.jpg

The current bare bones cave entrance is visible here, this will take you into the giant show building seen to the left of the photo, which by the way, will be hidden from this perspective by thick jungle vegetation. This will be dressed out with various props and warning signs telling you not to enter and to turn your boat around...currently deciding if these warnings should be complimented with some audio narration for this section of the ride.
20240117041120_1.jpg

After ascending the lift hill, you will enter this scene, bare with just concrete and steel right now, this will be the ruins of the cursed tomb. This will look nothing like it does right now once the scenery and theming start to go into place, as does any dark ride.....The roof is yet to be built.
20240117040310_1.jpg

Another shot showing the cursed tomb.. The 'waterfall' drop will eject the 16 seater boats and passengers, into what I am currently calling the transcendental caverns...
20240117040258_1.jpg

A drone shot showing the general look of the rides façade. It is a tall façade. This was needed to convey a sense of scale and power of what will eventually lie within...the lake will likely grow in size as I do another pass on it. The South American jungles and geography are not small, this is conveyed across in this giant façade, it will eventually be dressed out with vegetation a giant waterfall and other minor props.
20240117040250_1.jpg

Finally, a birds eye view of the general layout, show building, façade and ride circuit...
20240117040506_1.jpg

With the main structural work complete on the façade, electrical box's have been installed on the cliff, these will power the waterfalls and will be hidden by the waterfall..
20240117051150_1.jpg

Press the red button, baby.
20240117051202_1.jpg

More to come soon....this may take a while however, scenery placement is a long labour in Planco as we all know. This ride is not only large but will also be scenery dense, as any dark ride would be, meaning it will take some time to create. There is still some work to do on what I call the 'civil engineering phase'. Finalising the frontage look, building walls and general structural based things. Then the magic makers turn up and turn this average warehouse building into the story that will be.

A couple of extra shots showing the meandering boat round around the intimidating and imposing rockwork façade of the ride. It not only serves as a giant set to convey the tone of the Peruvian jungle, but also hides the huge show building behind.
20240117042533_1.jpg

👻👻👻😧…..
20240117042547_1.jpg

I am having great fun imagining and coming up with ideas for the scenes of the ride, any contributions, ideas and suggestions are most welcome!

Last edited: