• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Planet Coaster: What you've been up to?

How's this for coaster and path interactions? :)

unknown.png

I'm stuck with the console version as I don't have a PC good enough to play the game sadly.

It's still a lot of fun but I feel like build limit on console really restricts making a full detailed park so I just stick to building individual rides and theming them up.

I'm stuck with the console version as I don't have a PC good enough to play the game sadly.

It's still a lot of fun but I feel like build limit on console really restricts making a full detailed park so I just stick to building individual rides and theming them up.
Me too mate. It's such a shame as the game performs excellently on PS5 but as soon as you get to the good stuff it's game over. There's some great stuff on the workshop that people have done and I'm starting to get to grips with designing custom pieces but it all seems in vain. You can sometimes stretch to a half decent themed area, but if you want to build a whole park you can pretty much forget it. Such a shame

Team edit: Moved from Thorpe Park Project Exodus discussion

I decided to have a bash at building the alternative layout in Planet Coaster, if anyone's interested. Here's what I came up with based on what Thorpe have provided:

For some idea, this ride is 236ft/72m tall, the exact same height as Exodus. It hits 82mph/132kph, has 4,446ft/1,355m of track, and has 2 trains with 7 cars/28 riders. I managed to get 4 airtime hills in there (2 big camelbacks, 2 lower hills), alongside a hammerhead turn, a mini version of Mako's turnaround, a mini treble clef, and what I guess you could call a mini hammerhead (of sorts).

I apologise for some slightly off profiling in places (I smoothed the hell out of it, but some parts wouldn't budge), but I hope that gives you all a basic idea of what it could have been like. If you're wondering why I varied the colour scheme in places, it's because the planning application mentioned the high points being painted light colours, so I did a bit of a Stealth on anything above about 80ft, as the application mentions.

I hope you find this interesting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently working on a new theme park, this is the start of the entrance area, a quaint fishing village. I may open a dedicated thread when (WIP name) Discovery Kingdom has more to show. I have scrapped all previous projects as my graphics card died, after managing to get my hands on an Nvidia RTX 3070, we are back in the game baby.

"The Peninsular" is the port of call for entry into Discovery Kingdom. A fishing village filled with plenty of nooks, crannies and tight alleyways to explore, with the world famous "Rum Shack lighthouse bar" sitting atop the Peninsular, you are sure to be well watered at the start, or the end of your adventure into Discovery Kingdom.20220707145755_1.jpg
Entry into "The Peninsular" will be via the yet to be built ticket huts to the left of this photo.

20220707145806_1.jpg
The studios have been busy building the multitude of wooden buildings, tight alleyways and rockwork that will provide the foundation for this quant little fishing village.

20220707145824_1.jpg
Looking at the plans, there is going to be a small fishing wharf built into the water, I think it will be round here. The buildings, while bare right now, have interesting shapes and designs to really make the village feel real. The water is currently in the lake to conduct a seal test (whatever that means) I am told it will be drained soon to allow progress to continue.

20220707145829_1.jpg
Looking from over the water, this will provide a beautiful photo opportunity once complete.

20220707145833_1.jpg
A shot from the drone gives a good idea of the lay of the land, the water is going to be drained shortly to allow construction to continue. Bridges need to be built connecting the top of the Peninsular to the mainland. You can see the the world famous "Rum Shack and Lighthouse bar beginning to take shape at the top of the photo. There is still lots to do, so, until next time.

Last edited:

I decided to have a bash at building the alternative layout in Planet Coaster, if anyone's interested. Here's what I came up with based on what Thorpe have provided:

For some idea, this ride is 236ft/72m tall, the exact same height as Exodus. It hits 82mph/132kph, has 4,446ft/1,355m of track, and has 2 trains with 7 cars/28 riders. I managed to get 4 airtime hills in there (2 big camelbacks, 2 lower hills), alongside a hammerhead turn, a mini version of Mako's turnaround, a mini treble clef, and what I guess you could call a mini hammerhead (of sorts).

I apologise for some slightly off profiling in places (I smoothed the hell out of it, but some parts wouldn't budge), but I hope that gives you all a basic idea of what it could have been like. If you're wondering why I varied the colour scheme in places, it's because the planning application mentioned the high points being painted light colours, so I did a bit of a Stealth on anything above about 80ft, as the application mentions.

I might have a crack at that actually. See how much layout and airtime I can get out of that height and footprint

As I said the other week Matt, I cobbled together another Exodus alternative. Very different to my last one. Something about the potential of this ride that looks like Thorpe are wasting that keeps bringing me back to it.

Getting some practice for this closed season’s Speed Build Contest, I see!

It looks great! It’s got a lot of airtime, and is really long, but it’s well paced too, and has some nice inversions; the starting two very much channel the spirit of the ride Thorpe is building, and the final sequence with the roll reminds me of the awesome ending on Blue Fire!

I've not posted in here for a while, but I'm currently working on what might just be my craziest park yet. It features 10 crazy roller coasters and three flat rides, and each one is either ridiculously tall, fast or scary.

1667331068912.png

Currently working on a new theme park, this is the start of the entrance area, a quaint fishing village. I may open a dedicated thread when (WIP name) Discovery Kingdom has more to show. I have scrapped all previous projects as my graphics card died, after managing to get my hands on an Nvidia RTX 3070, we are back in the game baby.

"The Peninsular" is the port of call for entry into Discovery Kingdom. A fishing village filled with plenty of nooks, crannies and tight alleyways to explore, with the world famous "Rum Shack lighthouse bar" sitting atop the Peninsular, you are sure to be well watered at the start, or the end of your adventure into Discovery Kingdom.20220707145755_1.jpg
Entry into "The Peninsular" will be via the yet to be built ticket huts to the left of this photo.

20220707145806_1.jpg
The studios have been busy building the multitude of wooden buildings, tight alleyways and rockwork that will provide the foundation for this quant little fishing village.

20220707145824_1.jpg
Looking at the plans, there is going to be a small fishing wharf built into the water, I think it will be round here. The buildings, while bare right now, have interesting shapes and designs to really make the village feel real. The water is currently in the lake to conduct a seal test (whatever that means) I am told it will be drained soon to allow progress to continue.

20220707145829_1.jpg
Looking from over the water, this will provide a beautiful photo opportunity once complete.

20220707145833_1.jpg
A shot from the drone gives a good idea of the lay of the land, the water is going to be drained shortly to allow construction to continue. Bridges need to be built connecting the top of the Peninsular to the mainland. You can see the the world famous "Rum Shack and Lighthouse bar beginning to take shape at the top of the photo. There is still lots to do, so, until next time.

I have not had time to do anything recently. I have no photos to share just yet, but the first area for this park is in the later planning stages.

The area was always planned to be a family based area with a water ride and a rollercoaster of some sort. A jungle based theme has been decided on. The area and attractions themselves are going to be dominated by a huge show building. That will contain parts of the coaster and water ride, lots of interaction. Both rides will go outside and inside the show building. From the guests perspective when nearing the attractions, they will see steep jungle cliffs thick with sightline aware vegetation, raging waterfalls, caverns and tunnels. The huge show building completely hidden to really sell the idea that they have just walked into one of south America's jungles.

The water ride will meander through steep valleys, thick jungle vegetation and perhaps some ancient civilisation's artefacts before dropping down into the jungle caves. This will contain show scenes and an obvious heavy cave theme. Maybe the odd hidden temple too. (the inside scenes are still being thought up).

The rollercoaster will fly past waterfalls, speed in and out of many tunnels while entering the show building a few times while having some interaction with the boat ride.

The attractions are heavily influenced by WDW's never built Thunder Mesa complex, the Western River Expedition and the coaster in this area. Which featured similar elements and ride systems to what I am creating, just with a wild west theme instead. Minus the log flume, mine will only have two attractions. See the photos below for what this attraction was. To give you a very slim idea of what I am going for. I am having great fun thinking of all the nitty gritty details of this right now. I look forward to sharing more with you as this first area of this park develops.

ee51db87b13fc88a9046750af4931609.jpgThunderMesaOverviewB.pngWREBigModel.png

Last edited: