• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Planning a trip to Gardaland or Italy Theme Parks

Spark

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
So looking at having a holiday in Italy this year and wondering if it's easy to get to Gardarland or any other parks?

Any help would be great on flights and distances from the coast please

>> Edit>> Sazzle >> Topic title edited prior to move :)

Re: Gardarland

It's incredibly easy to get to Gardaland. The park is about 30 minutes from Verona airport and situated on a main road, 2 miles from a major town.

Are you staying on the lake itself?

Gardaland is a decent park, while not the best park in Italy it's home to Raptor, which is a truly amazing ride, I'm sure you'll have fun.

As James said, Verona would be your best bet for an airport if you're just going to Gardaland.

Which other park is in Italy then? A decent one lol

Don't want to stay on the lake as it would have to be a beach holiday, so need to know if it's worth planning into the break, if it's easy to get to then bonus

Mirabilandia would be a better bet then. The park features two stunning coasters, and as I understand it, is near the coast.

Spark said:
Which other park is in Italy then? A decent one lol

Mirabilandia, which is in my opinion a wonderful park home to two of the best coasters in Europe in Katun and iSpeed.

Just been looking and yea looks good, the water ride looks smart too

Trust me mate, Mirabilandia is an amazing park and the two main coasters are both in my top 3 with Nemmy :D

Having been to both, would defiantly recommend Mira over Gardaland.

It's looking promising

Now I need to find a good coast resort to stay in

I stayed in Cervia, not far from Mirabilandia. Quite a nice resort with a bit of history if you're into that sort of stuff, as well as a beach.

Ravenna is also near to Mirabilandia...

Also, there is Movieland Studios (near Gardaland) and Rainbow Magicland down by Rome... Both are smaller than the other two but Rainbow Magicland is a good park and Movieland looks relatively unique...

Bit of a distance between all these though... About 3 hour drives between Garda and Mira/Rome and Mira...

We are using trains to travel between all four of the parks during August. You can book on the trenitalia website.

:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Benzin said:
Ravenna is also near to Mirabilandia...

Also, there is Movieland Studios (near Gardaland) and Rainbow Magicland down by Rome... Both are smaller than the other two but Rainbow Magicland is a good park and Movieland looks relatively unique...

Bit of a distance between all these though... About 3 hour drives between Garda and Mira/Rome and Mira...

Been looking at Ravenna, seems pretty close to the park and has a beach
Adz95 said:
I stayed in Cervia, not far from Mirabilandia. Quite a nice resort with a bit of history if you're into that sort of stuff, as well as a beach.

I'll have a look now at Cervia

We did a trip last year from Rome, Rainbow Magicland to Miribilandia then onto Gardaland and ending in Venice. If you are driving, get yourself an amazing road map as Italian roads are a nightmare. Train may be the better bet but in saying that, driving across Italy was something I will never forget, some of the views are spectactular.