• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Planning applications for new Scarefest maze locations

Dobba

TS Member
Team Edit: Posts have been merged into a single topic following the publication of the documentation for this planning application. The images show a building similar to that which is used for Survival Games at Thorpe, meaning it's likely this will be for guest use possibly over Scarefest, and not just back of house:

From: https://www.facebook.com/TowersStreet/posts/pfbid0yhJxrQZgBuANRqMKxMT3xKoJm7NyPwofd6KtjbjthB6XVQBW4ir3vpxZ2kWs6qBtl

Original post:
A busy planning year continues as yet another planning application has appeared. No documentation has been added yet but given the description: 'Removal of the existing 2 no. static and 1 no. portacabins and the decluttering of the site in general to provide a facilities building that consists of 6 no. containers (3 per side lengthways) and tensile domed roof between.' I think we have a new bottom place in the list of 2024 planning applications to get excited about.

Last edited by a moderator:
A busy planning year continues as yet another planning application has appeared. No documentation has been added yet but given the description: 'Removal of the existing 2 no. static and 1 no. portacabins and the decluttering of the site in general to provide a facilities building that consists of 6 no. containers (3 per side lengthways) and tensile domed roof between.' I think we have a new bottom place in the list of 2024 planning applications to get excited about.
Not that consequential in itself, but the fact the park is making an effort to remove the portacabins (some of which have been there since the Broome era) and replace them with new permanent infrastructure is a sign of wider updates to the resort than just 'shiny new product'. Definitely seems to reinforce a more structural upgrade to the park than a facelift!

Not that consequential in itself, but the fact the park is making an effort to remove the portacabins (some of which have been there since the Broome era) and replace them with new permanent infrastructure is a sign of wider updates to the resort than just 'shiny new product'. Definitely seems to reinforce a more structural upgrade to the park than a facelift!
I'm assuming it's this area here, which almost certainly means the documentation will point out its somewhere else entirely.
Opera Snapshot_2024-03-07_193600_www.google.com.png

I'm assuming it's this area here, which almost certainly means the documentation will point out its somewhere else entirely.
Opera Snapshot_2024-03-07_193600_www.google.com.png
ohh, very intresting, I have seen that area on google maps and wondered if the large warehouse (the one next to the sky ride maintanence) could be transformed into some indoor pirate water ride like valhalla or pirates of the carrabean ride as the building is surprisingly close to the park pathing and area and i think the park could do with another water ride, although this was just thinking it would be cool.

Last edited:
ohh, very intresting, I have seen that area on google maps and wondered if the large warehouse (the one next to the sky ride maintanence) could be transformed into some indoor pirate water ride like valhalla or pirates of the carrabean ride as the building is surprisingly close to the park pathing and area and i think the park could do with another water ride, although this was just thinking it would be cool.
Don't get your hopes up, this is almost certainly a back of house development. The only chance you've got of stepping foot in there is getting a job at the park.

I assumed this would be for studios north.

Or maybe for a promo event for nemesis reborn?

Hi folks
Alton Towers have put in for planning permission to construct a new building from shipping containers between Alton Manor and the Monorail maintenance yard with access from the far end of the toilet block. I wonder what this could be for? Possibly a Scarefest attraction? Unfortunately Merlin don't exactly have a good track record with shipping containers as they have frequently been used as shops or hotel rooms and abandoned after a few years.
What are your thoughts?

Told you it'd be somewhere completely different...

431230528_854324490072836_2984834608020992953_n.jpg

I can’t remember if the purpose was detailed in the application. Does it says it’s for back of house work?

With the entrance exit comment it would make a good structure for a scarefest maze every year. Could easily make the Gloomy Wood toilets one entrance only and turn the path that goes from the back of the toilets to the FV path a queue.

Said this in the general topic but the fact it has “entrance” “exit” and “staff access” might suggest a scarefest maze location.

I can’t remember if the purpose was detailed in the application. Does it says it’s for back of house work?

With the entrance exit comment it would make a good structure for a scarefest maze every year. Could easily make the Gloomy Wood toilets one entrance only and turn the path that goes from the back of the toilets to the FV path a queue.
Was just listed as an application to 'provide a facilities building'