• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pleasurewood hill worth the entrance fee ????

merm

TS Member
We are off to the Norfolk broads on Saturday for a week been looking at pleasurewood hill and was just wondering if it was worth the entrance fee or much better saving our money and heading down to Yarmouth a few day for lots of go's on the scenic railway look run down and not worth the money any views please

Well this is a TR from my recent visit to PWH last sunday.

http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/your-t ... lls-15712/

I am surprised to have a forum member over here, they normally dont leave the midlands/London area.

The pleasure beach in Yarmouth is good. There are a couple of good rides but I think the last time we visited the roller coaster cost 4 tokens each. £1 per token.

We did have 2 4 1 vouchers for PWH and I am not sure I would pay £18 to get in there. But the park is very clean and tidy. Some people may call it run down in areas but the staff were brilliant and it had a great feel for a family park.

PWH is definitely back on the up again... It's got a great selection of rides, a Vekoma Boomerang coaster, a Schwarzkopf coaster as well as the old favourite 'kiddy' ride The Rattlesnake. There's also the new drop tower this year which is much like Thorpe's Detonator...

Alongside the thrills there's some brilliant shows. The sealion and parrot shows are always fantastic, and a magician from Britain's Got Talent, Sean Alexander is the 'star' attraction in the Castle Theatre this year.

If you were choosing between PWH and Yarmouth Pleasure Beach then PWH wins hands down every time. The Pleasure Beach is nothing more than a glorified funfair and is looking tired and awful. It's only redeeming feature is the woodie! Also bear in mind that an all day wristband for the Pleasure Beach costs more than admission to Pleasurewood :)

Ok well off the top of my head, Sea palling is a lovely beach, has beautiful (almost) lagoons caused by the sea defences.

Southwold is lovely but a bit of a drive from where you will be.

Salehouse board is supposed to be very nice but I have never been on a boat on the broads so I cannot confirm that.

If you like planes the Norwich aviation museum is good. about £5 per adult to get in and they either do tours of their Nimrod or Vulcan for an additional £1.50.

There is also a radar museum at neatishead.

Cromer is nice to visit, got a nice pier. There is not that much to do there but they have a nice beach that has lots of stone on it when the tide is out so you can look for crabs and things. Or just go crabbing off the pier.

Sheringham is also a lovely little town, they have some nice fish and chip resturants and some decent ice cream places as well :)

I was down at Yarmouth a few weeks ago with Russell, and the woodie was 3 tokens :) the tokens are only available to buy in bags of ten of multiples there of, otherwise you're using machines to dish them out (we didn't fancy that!).

We used our other two remaining tokens on a strange Huss contraption which was fast and spinny... and make me nauseous :-/!

Having desperately wanted to ride The Missile from American Adventure since it moved to Pleasurewood Hills, I'd say GO GO GO!!! But I'm bias ;).

Have a fab time whatever you do!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Sazzle said:
Having desperately wanted to ride The Missile from American Adventure since it moved to Pleasurewood Hills, I'd say GO GO GO!!! But I'm bias ;).
Considering the age of the thing it's still incredibly smooth!

Though the last time I was there was (I think) 2 years ago, so it might have gotten worse since.