• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pleasurewood hills 15/7/12

Jem8472

TS Member
Today we had a little trip to PWH for the first time in a few years.

The new rides for us to try were Wipeout and Jolly Roger.

There was four of us me, Carla, Lee (Carlas bro) and Joyce (Carlas mum)

We got to the park at about 9:50 just before the 10 am opening time. As we had 2 4 1 vouchers it cost us £18 for two people to get in.

As soon as we were let in we headed for Wipeout and after they tested it a couple of times we got on and had a ride.
It was good fun, smoother than I thought it was going to be also needed a second ride :) When we got sat on the rides the ride ops came round to check our harnesses and every time asked if they were ok, asked me if I will be ok with my glasses on. It was very refreshing to have that sort of interaction/customer service in a theme park.

532169_10151935279815788_1780892392_n.jpg

Right near wipeout they have put the rethemed tide traveller. It looked nice with its new paint job. I sort of enjoyed the ride, I am not a big fan of spinning rides and the start made me feel a bit rubbish.

558238_10151935273615788_1815567491_n.jpg

Out next target was the Jolly Roger. It looks good, it does just looked plonked there from a travelling fair but it looks in good condition with no damage or graffiti on it. The queue is very small and very tight. Only really enough room for one person so no standing next to someone. If someone decided they want to leave the queue line you do get a bit up close and personal with them.

You sit around the tower and there are 3 seats on each side. We were soon pulled up to the top of the tower and there is a bit of a wait up there, sometimes it almost felt like a minuet sitting at the top! The drop is good, it seems to be more forceful that other drop towers I have been on. I would say the drop feels a bit more powerful the Detonator. Not sure if its just my imagination or not. Again while the restraints were being checked we were asked if they were ok and the ride op mentioned about glasses/hats/ anything else that we should either take off or just asking if we would be ok with them left on.

Our next stop was the pirate ship, Lee and Joyce went on that, its not really a favourite of mine and Carla does not like it.

After that there was a bit of a queue for the rethemed boat ride, (boats seem to be the theme in PWH)
Its tales of the coast. From what I could pick up there are some local stories in there but we were not really paying too much attention.
The music in the queue line makes you want to kill yourself after about 20 seconds because its about a 5 second bit of music on constant repeat. We had a quick chat to the girl on the station and she was very pleasant.

532654_10151935276175788_660305993_n.jpg

The next ride on the list was Wizzy Dizzy, I really like this ride, its always good fun to watch peoples reactions on a ride like this. Yet another ride op that was helpful.

399396_10151935276885788_990217601_n.jpg

Carla stayed off as she does not like swinging rides.

Just near Wizzy Dizzy was a childrens fairy tale ride, there is a sign saying its a family attraction but the nice ride op let us on that. Was very funny seeing Lee in the car as his knees were almost round his ears.

We then hit the gokarts for a bit of fun. They cost extra £4 each but its good fun :D

For lunch we ate in their main restaurant bit. The food on offer was good. I had noodles with veg and chicken and sweet chilly sauce which was good.

We did the wave breaker ride which is a little water slide where you sit in boats.

Next was a bit of a cold ride on the chair lift over to the other side of the park.

557074_10151935277770788_767572434_n.jpg

It was supposed to be up to 20c today but there was lots of cloud and a bit of wind so that cooled it off a bit.

We saw Woody Bear saying hello to kids while we were going over
426797_10151935278255788_1423942431_n.jpg

When we got off we headed strait for the Snake in the grass, which we all know it as and call it the rattlesnake.

Its a good ride, old but good. A lot of vibrations through your bum when you are going round but it gets a surprising amount of speed up for a kids ride.

We then did the dodgems. While waiting in the queue we were watching the people already on the ride going and there was one girl that could not get the hang of the steering/reverse and she was just doing reverse donuts for nearly all the time. It was very funny to watch. :D

Our turn was good fun, they actually let you hit other people and the guy operating the ride seemed to enjoy watching all the carnage that was going on :)

After the dodgems we spotted an old friend from school and stopped to have a chat with her, she now has two kids and one of them was on the snake in the grass while we chatted.
We bumped in to her a few times again during the rest of the day with it being a rather small park.

We headed off to get an ice cream and have a go on one of the trains that goes around the park.

560913_10151935278810788_1649099568_n.jpg

Lee having to sit in the carriage behind us.

Our next few attractions were the water slide boats again, Wipeout, tide traveller (not for me) then on to the vintage cars. :D We managed to shoe horn ourselves in to a car and Carla insisted on driving.....
376532_10151935280150788_48469965_n.jpg

[youtube]http://youtu.be/RoqLnFftyPk[/youtube]

To give her credit she did make it round without crashing.....

We then did the sky hooks (small twirling toadstool)
The Pleasurewood ponies.
Wizzy Dizzy and Jolly Roger before we headed home.

I love pleasurewood hills because I visited as a child when it was probably at its peak and I will always love it for that reason.

I was very impressed with my visit today. The park was spotless, there was no litter, no gum, no graffiti it was just clean and very well kept. They staff were great, engaging, friendly and always polite. All the big parks could learn a thing or two off them!! The customer service was up to American theme park standard!

The themeing is not really up to much in the park but considering how clean and tidy and how good all the staff were I did not really mind, its a small park with probably a small budget and I think they do well with what they have.

I really would urge people to visit if they can, it wont be the most amazing park you will ever visit, it wont have the biggest, fastest, scariest rides but I left there feeling like we had a good day and it was well worth the money.

Great report, thanks. :)

This is somewhere I haven't been for maybe 20 years as a small kid. I can just about remember some sort of boat ride with an indoor Aladdin-type scene and also a barbecue area where I think you could do the cooking yourself?! :eek:

We were talking about the stuff we remember! I forgot about the BBQ thing. Do you remember the satellite dishes either side of the lake you could talk in to one and the person on the other side could hear it?

I think so yes!

I looked at a kind of history of the park page a short time ago and I think I can remember the Crinkly Bottom studios, which were apparently added in 1995. That would have made me 10 at the youngest so it wasn't quite as long ago as I thought when I was last there.

Wipeout was running a WHOLE train? I might faint... Fantastic to see they're using all the seats for the first time! Jolly Roger is a taller version of Detonator (Fabbri Drop Zone) which is why they probably feel similar and great to see Tide Traveller looking so good - once upon a time it resided at Towers I think...

Nice to see you had a good (pretty cheap!) day out :)

I dont think it did have the whole train running, there were some seats that were blocked off. I think 3rd from the front.

The drop on Jolly Roger feels like there might be more weight in the seats or something because you really do drop. I will have to compare it to poccy in a few weeks time.

I was impressed with the park overall. It was really good. I think for families its a great day out. We did not see any long queues!

Oh damn yeah it is... Used to have car 3 and 7 shut... For a while they were filled with teddy bears in the seats xD but we've never figured out what the true reason for it was!

It's a nice little park anyway, lots of potential and their TT retheme and decoration of the 'kiddy' area of the park (chair swing, cars, ponies, mini drop tower) looks great now...

Visited the park again on saturday, was dissapointed about how no one seemed to know about the price rise on the go-karts, i am a season ticket holder, and there are no added bonuses apart from free entry, its a poor show by pleasurewood hills.