• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pleasurewood Hills 29/05/2013

MattyH

TS Member
Favourite Ride
GIIBBB
Decided to head to pleasurewood hills today to ride Hobs Pit.

My Day started by arriving in dry but cool weather at 09:40, inside guest services I noticed a Ronnie the raccoon item on the floor, upon questioning Maxine about it, she told me it was from the old Fairytale fantasy ride and that it was to be cleaned and put on park.

I went outside and noticed it was raining slightly, though by the times the gates opened at 10:00 it was pouring with rain. Once inside, I headed straight to Hobs Pit, where I was informed it wouldn't be open just yet because maintenance were busy with it, after looking around the shop, I then headed down to the Veteran cars, which my friend was operating, then upon completing one run, because it was still raining I stayed on and went around again, I then headed back up to the Hobs Pit shop and the arcade opposite to keep dry. By now it was nearly 11:00 and there was still no sign of Hobs Pit opening, so I decided to take a walk down to Moby Dick and take a ride on that, I then went on the carousel and the minature railway before heading back into the shop. around 11:45ish Alexis walked in and spoke with some people, and then the shop staff said hobs pit could open between 12 and half 12.

Around 12:15 a queue began to form and so I joined it ending up being the third little group in the line, at 12:33 the doors to the ride opened up and we all piled in, the attendant on the gate let the first four people in, I was in the second group of four, with hands on the next persons shoulder, I ended up at the front of my group of four. I can't go into detail here due to the spoilers of the ride, and I want to keep that a secret, but it was a great ride, when I exited the shop I realised it had stopped raining. I then walked down to the Veteran cars to talk to my friend again for a bit before going for lunch around 13:00 in Christine's railway tearooms.

Next, I headed down towards SITG and Dodgems, I went on the dodgems first before going on SITG, I was pleased to see the orange and pink cars in operation again as these two were found to generally be the fastest. I then went on SITG which I got on at the back. I then headed to watch the Sean Alexander show because it was still a bit cold.

After the show, I headed down to the Laser Labrinth where there were 2 people already waiting before another 5 people turned up, and we then split into teams of two, after our 10 minutes, for the first time in history I managed to win the game, a photograph of the winning score will be added at a later point. Next, I headed back to Enigma, and went on this for the first time, I came off and seeing the queue I decided not to go on again and headed to Hobs Pit for another ride, I got on with a group of three, one bloke and two women, however, the two women didn't like it and turned back and so I ended up with a very scared bloke with me and we were accompanied by a miner. At the end, the bloke ran out screaming, leaving me to burst out in laughter.

I then headed back to the Veteran Cars to have a chat with my friend before going on the Ponies, after this I headed for a ride on Enigma, but before I got there, I decided to go on the Jolly Rodger drop tower for the first time since opening day last year, I then went on enigma and then headed to the dodgems for one last ride as by now it was getting near closing time, and after one ride on the dodgems, I headed across and onto the chairlift for a lift back to the top end of the park, I quickly popped into the Hobs Pit shop to watch a few people comming off the ride, I then left the park via guest services again and went home.