• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pleasurewood Hills & Fantasy Island Adventure: 20-21 September 2014

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
I am proposing a Mini Meet to take place in the East of England on Saturday/Sunday the 20th and 21st September 2014.

I have no idea if this will be popular as I am aware that there have been several attempts to arrange such a meet in recent years. However, the reason I believe for this is that people can't or won't justify the travelling distance for only one of the parks. Therefore, even though these two parks are 3 hours apart, with accommodation carefully chosen, it removes the need for long drives between them.

My suggestion is this:

Friday, 19th September
Group meets at Travelodge
Overnight stay at Barton Mills Travelodge

Saturday, 20th September
80 min drive to Pleasurewood Hills (open 10:00 - 17:00)
*possibly leave PWH around 3pm if it's quiet and call in at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach on the way to the hotel
110 min drive to Long Sutton
Overnight stay at Long Sutton Travelodge

Sunday, 21st September
70 min drive to Fantasy Island (open 10:00 - 16:00; will probably leave earlier)
Depart

IF it appears that weather conditions on Sunday will result in the two major rollercoasters at Fantasy Island being closed, then we can either:
- Go to Pleasure Island Theme Park, Cleethorpes
- Go to Bottons Pleasure Beach, Skegness
- Go to Wicksteed Park, Kettering

For this reason I wouldn't suggest anybody booked online for the Sunday - in case of poor weather.

Please post your opinions and if you would be interested. Accommodation based on 3 sharing would probably be around the £35 per person mark for both nights. Obviously petrol is a heavy consideration but cars can have 3 or 4 occupancy then it would be OK.

:)

Last edited:
I would (quite obviously) join in for the Pleasurewood bit - but I'm in Florida then

Looks like a nice trip plan though :)

Wouldn't mind trying Fantasy Island, but have no intent going back to Pleasurewood Hills for a looooooong time! (What A Crap park in my opinion!)

I should be free on the Saturday. Carla will be working so she will probably get annoyed that I go without her but oh well :)

I could make the meet as its close by.

BTW @Scott I hate you. Going off to Florida, it should not be allowed.

BAH HUMBUG :unamused:

Did Pleasurewood Hills last year and not in a rush to get back so it's unlikely I shall go. I would have joined you at Fantasy Island as I do want to go there however we play Manchester United at home on the Sunday, so yeah! :p

Hope enough people are interested though as it seems a good trip!

:)

I would come to this, but I'm working on the Friday and Saturday, and shall be in Leicester on the Sunday to watch United play Leicester. Oh well - maybe next time, eh? If Fantasy Island's still open, that is. :p

Well this is going down like a ton of bricks, isn't it.

I. Will. Never. Get. On. Those. Blasted. Rollercoasters.

Not really interested in either park tbh. I'd only do FI for the JO cred if I went. As always, transport is the main issue.

Did Pleasurewood Hills last year and not in a rush to get back so it's unlikely I shall go.
You mean you don't want to be excluded from rides due to usage of nuts and experience the worlds worst dark ride ever again?!

Well even if this meet went ahead I wouldn't be able to come, I'd love to join in the PWH bit, but I'm at uni

Those who can afford to do both can do both if they wish, those who can only afford one can pick one!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.