• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pleasurewood Hills

This is the 3rd time one of the units has had a refresh since it was installed a couple of years ago

When will Pleasurewood Hills get some investment? We went today for our last visit to a theme park this season (sob) and it is in dire need of investment/TLC!

It’s not even new rides it needs - getting rid of the visible graveyards of old rides and the old diving show area, cleaning and maintenance would help.

Egg spress wasn’t working all day and Cannonball was on 1 train with only the front 4 seats in use! We also saw an evacuation on Wipeout.

I used to love Pleasurewood Hills and have lots of nostalgia from the Mr Blobby days. It’s such a shame to see it this way!

Cannonball has been on one train for years. Also spent a long time SBNO not long back.

The park in places has been left to rot , loopings just don't seem to want to invest in the place at all. All their money goes to Drayton. Hills is probably kept for tax reasons.

So many empty plots and SBNO stuff its really upsetting to see as it's my local park. We didn't go today due to the weather yet with pirate ship ( also totally knackered for years) closed and also the rattlesnake/egg express we kinda made the right choice.

Last edited:
Cannonball has been on one train for years. Also spent a long time SBNO not long back.

The park in places has been left to rot , loopings just don't seem to want to invest in the place at all. Probably kept for tax reasons.

So many empty plots and SBNO stuff its really upsetting to see as it's my local park. We didn't go today due to the weather yet with pirate ship closed and also the rattlesnake/egg express we kinda made the right choice.

Definitely! The weather was sooo bad this morning but we had booked it so we braved it.

The fireworks were really good, I don’t know how they got such a big budget for those yet seemingly can’t afford basic things on park.

They have been posting about doing something for their 40th celebrations.. here’s hoping! Its not good when my first question at each ride is “is it working?”.

Definitely! The weather was sooo bad this morning but we had booked it so we braved it.

The fireworks were really good, I don’t know how they got such a big budget for those yet seemingly can’t afford basic things on park.

They have been posting about doing something for their 40th celebrations.. here’s hoping! Its not good when my first question at each ride is “is it working?”.
Luckily we didn't pre book, last year fireworks was also a wash out. Didn't clear out much until 2pm ish so not worth going in for. I watched the fireworks from my bedroom. Lol.

The Halloween week takings always go into the following years takings. Or they did. So when the main season ends in September, any profit they make in the October half term goes into the new financial season.

The fireworks have always been good use to be held Saturday and Sunday way back in the mid to late 90s.

Soooo much could be done to make it so good...hire in some temporary rides on the many vacant spots for a start that would help and send out good feedback to the locals, locals are key to their market and they have lost so much of them over the years and the negatives have stayed with the public too.

A couple of headline new rides, proper operations of the ones they have and a reopen of some of the SBNO stuff would do that place wonders.

As for the 40th year...I wouldn't expect more than just a local offer for reduced entry like they did for the 30th...and some memory boards...I really hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I only been once and that was in 1998. I did try to go again in 2003 in October and they decided to not open the park cause of the weather and handed everyone free pumpkins. I not been to gt Yarmouth since 2010.
The Looping group really has looked to all 3 parks.
Drayton the rides is the main draw to the park so they invested in Adventure Cove, Vikings, Rumoured 2 Thomas land rides for next year and a thrill coaster for 2024.
The Safari Park they been improving the safari section every season and adding more animals to the walk round areas as that’s there main drive to the park with the Amusement area just been tidy up and rides repainted.
Pleasure Wood Hills not sure how many locals go the park but I guess there biggest crowds is from the holiday makers which really gives them a good income for the park for 9/10 weeks of the year and I think they know unless they install a 2nd ride or update a current ride it’s just about breaking even every year.

Tbh I went to both pleasurewood hills and Great Yarmouth pleasure beach and I had much more fun at pleasurewood hills, it’s a great affordable day out. It’s just in need of a few more flats , and a clean up in areas. Hopefully they will bring at least one attraction in for next year. But it does seem draytons getting all the attention and understandably with how the park was left before it was bought. But they don’t want pleasurewood to end in the state Drayton was , they need to bring the standards on the same level for all three parks

Tbh I went to both pleasurewood hills and Great Yarmouth pleasure beach and I had much more fun at pleasurewood hills, it’s a great affordable day out. It’s just in need of a few more flats , and a clean up in areas. Hopefully they will bring at least one attraction in for next year. But it does seem draytons getting all the attention and understandably with how the park was left before it was bought. But they don’t want pleasurewood to end in the state Drayton was , they need to bring the standards on the same level for all three parks
They do yet they are really dragging their heels in investment.

We Opted for GYPB in the summer for the first time ever and it was much better value, I felt a traitor !

I will say always the two resident shows are of great quality and always have been yet we need more on a huge scale.

Can understand as they offering season passes for £65 if brought before tonight so that’s good value for local guests.
The Safari park charge:
Adult – £ 90.00 (Age 16+)
Child – £ 90.00 (Age 3-15)
Concession – £ 80.00 (Senior 65+)
That’s for 12 months safari and funfair wristband.

Can understand as they offering season passes for £65 if brought before tonight so that’s good value for local guests.
The Safari park charge:
Adult – £ 90.00 (Age 16+)
Child – £ 90.00 (Age 3-15)
Concession – £ 80.00 (Senior 65+)
That’s for 12 months safari and funfair wristband.
What would be better is for a loopings group pass

It’s so sad to see it this way. So many 1 star reviews on trip advisor since opening this season already too.