• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pleasurewood Hills

Benzin said:
Parks using Snapchat
icon_dread.gif
D_zps1440f350.png

I don't know how it works in honesty. I just downloaded Snapchat again, after using it previously and then getting bored. They seemed to have added a story mode, I think you can add people to your list and then you can see there story, maybe they have to add you. I dunno...

Anyone can add them at pwhills.

I presume they do physically send it to everyone on their list - but they can also post it as their 'story' which is a snap that appears at the top of all of your followers friend lists for 24hrs.

I don't see any real issue with using the service to be honest... It's a growing social media platform and is quite a good way to get people talking.

Actually, I think it's quite a clever marketing idea! It's a great way to send out little teasers which are only available very briefly, and should be an easy way to trickle information whilst creating discussion. It's also a dirt cheap way to do it, making it ideal for parks who can't afford to project their logo onto Big Ben, or have blipverts on every ad break :p

They were meant to reveal the name a couple of weeks back but are just waiting confirmation from the parent company before they go ahead with the re-paint and re-theme.

Hopefully they will get the cash needed - as far as I'm aware the parent company were so impressed with what they did on a shoestring for Hobs Pit that they released more cash during construction of it.

We have a name! Pleasurewood have just posted this onto Facebook:

uja9ara5.jpg

Silly name, but if this is going to be themed around a giant marble run, the theming has the potential to be incredible.

Marble-Run-Photo.jpg

I'm imagining this kind of vibe!

Ha that would actually work well with the mass of supports that a Maurer mouse has.

Those marble runs were brilliant!!

As for the ride, I think it's a great name I feel however that the theming may be minimal perhaps echoing Spinball whizzers style.

A few updates from the park over on Unofficial Pleasurewood...

- The original name and theme for the Wild Mouse was to be 'Ricochet'

No spinners guys! Although what a great idea...who knows! The original name put on the table by us in the office was 'Ricochet!' - Themed to a Wild West theme. The cars were going to bullets, the station as a revolver etc - Marshall's for operatives etc. This was deemed too 'aggressive' for a ride after the launch of HoBs PiT, Looping very much want to promote a 'Family' ride with this coaster and have opted for 'Marble Madness' - Think bright, brash, fun and impressive to look at rather then a full on theme as such. It will look really good when completed, each car will have different expression - I've seen some of the artwork already and it's really nicely done. Hope that clears a few things up for you. :)

- The Sean Alexander show has left the park and the castle theatre will be used for character meet and greets until a replacement is sourced.

- A high dive stunt show will be operating on park during the summer holidays.

- The investment into Enigma has been postponed due to the new coaster. Minimal cosmetic work will continue to take place this season.

Just posted by PWH's Facebook - Snake in the Grass getting a bit of a refurb. :)

1796442_620417271362874_1886402862_n.jpg

1660523_620417291362872_1150300452_n.jpg

1610022_620417241362877_1820880556_n.jpg

1800482_620417278029540_1112254223_n.jpg

10773_620417238029544_1966366780_n.jpg

1601561_620417274696207_655801154_n.jpg

And here's what it looked like before...

hr70ae8.jpg

Nice job they've done there! :)

Hopefully the ride's station will get a bit of a refresh sometime as well.

7ajuze2a.jpg

Some new ride logos that the park uploaded to snapchat this morning. Look professional and add to the positive changes the park are making.

EDIT: And some more:

8atybyde.jpg

1656077_622074737863794_2140497856_n.jpg

PWH said:
We couldn't resist. We had to show you our first mock up of what to expect with Marble Madness! #ILOVEPWH — at Pleasurewood Hills.

Looks jolly and lively - just what the doctor ordered!

A post on Facebook reminded me of a couple of facts:

- For the first time in the parks history it will have FOUR coasters.
- Marble Madness marks the 10th new ride in 4 years. With no rides leaving.

Also - in response to fans, 'Snake in the Grass' is renamed back to 'The Rattlesnake'

ytytyhav.jpg

And the award for most unnecessary queue jump system goes to...

Pleasurewood Hills!

sedase9u.jpg

Lordy said:
Isn't it ten new rides in 3 years? I dont think they added anything new in 2011.

It isn't that hard to find the park's timeline on Scott's fansite - it's in his signature. :)

2011 brought Laser Labyrinth, not really a ride but parks always say stuff like that is.

Sam said:
Lordy said:
Isn't it ten new rides in 3 years? I dont think they added anything new in 2011.

It isn't that hard to find the park's timeline on Scott's fansite - it's in his signature. :)

2011 brought Laser Labyrinth, not really a ride but parks always say stuff like that is.
Just to point out - it's not my site, I just advertise it. There is a timeline on there though ;)

So, pleasurewood hills are teasing this with no official launch date confirmed so far, but the local advertisement has been poor IMO