• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Plus size and rides

Stamf10

TS Member
Update if someone stumbles across this - fit on every ride with room to spare and no issues whatsoever.

Hi I’m going to Alton towers in a few weeks and I’m nervous if I’m going to be able to fit on the rides.

I have 42 chest and 35 waist and wear
Uk size 16

Anyone similar to me have any issues? I’ve seen other posts where people had to be pushed in to make it click (especially on wicker man, spinball and thirteen)

I’d rather not have to be pushed in so just looking for some advice.

(Currently losing weight so no dieting suggestion needed as I’m already 16lbs down and counting) 😅

Last edited:
One thing that is worth noting is that several of the coasters (Wicker Man, Galactica, Oblivion and Rita at least) have test seats outside of them, so you can check that you'll fit in the restraints before joining the queue.

If it is touch and go, staff will likely try and push down on the restraint to get it to lock. It varies from ride to ride as to whether someone is going to fit or not, as the restraint types differ. I don't know for sure but I'd imagine 35 waist/UK 16 should be ok.

Hi I’m going to Alton towers in a few weeks and I’m nervous if I’m going to be able to fit on the rides.

I have 42 chest and 35 waist and wear
Uk size 16

Anyone similar to me have any issues?

My wife has very similar dimensions to yours and has never had a problem getting on a ride (though she’s never done Spinball as she’s not a fan of spinning rides so I can’t comment on that one). I think perhaps height is a factor as well, I think it can be more of a problem for larger chaps that are taller as opposed to a woman of a more petite height). I’m sure you’ll be absolutely fine to get on whatever you like at Towers, enjoy your day there.

You should be absolutely fine for everything. Sub-Terra probably has the most restrictive restraints of the lot, but I’m pretty certain you’ll be fine on everything else, probably even ok on ST if you choose to ride it.

Yeah you should be ok 🙂 I’m a 5ft 10 17 stone man of broad upper body proportions and I’ve never had any problems on any attractions on park.