• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Popular food & drink trends you don’t get

I will chip in and say anecdotally I very much believe that low sugar/sugar free drinks are very addictive as I most definitely have a diet coke problem and if you've ever met someone who likes diet coke they're often always a little unhinged about it
Ah...diet coke addiction is one on its own.
My opposite number in care work listed it as her one addiction, and she had it bad...no substitute was acceptable.
Used to buy it by the slab of cans, and had bottles stashed away at home.

Whisky theme park instead?:tearsofjoy:
Not a bad idea TBH, whisky is big business and if many of the companies got together then they'd have another to build a theme park from the ground up.

Bit of a class thing in Scotland regarding drink; Irn Bru is for the common person, Buckfast for the neds and scoundrels while whisky is for the upper middle and posh folk in Scotland. Yeah, there is a class thing in Scotland though not like with England.

Bit of a class thing in Scotland regarding drink; Irn Bru is for the common person, Buckfast for the neds and scoundrels while whisky is for the upper middle and posh folk in Scotland. Yeah, there is a class thing in Scotland though not like with England.
My boyfriend's preferred method of drinking is a 'bucky two soop' job which i don't know whether is just his thing or something he heard of but it's essentially drinking a buckfast and two cans of dragon soop to get very drunk and very caffeinated so think what you will of that

Probably also worth pointing out here that correlation does not imply causation, it could be coincidental.

That's very true but if you applied that logic to every piece of data you'd never believe anything.

In an equally broad statement, data can be manipulated to fit any argument. You can even throw in randomly made up numbers to make your argument more believable, well 87% of the time ;)

I now remember why he stated that sugar free products were worse and why uts better to just have a sugared product (in moderation).

Both sugared and sugar free products cause the same reaction in the body and your body naturally craves for sugar. In most cases the sugar itch can be scratched (eventually) by sugar consumption. Sugar free products can't satisfy your natural cravings which leads to over consumption, coupled with the thought process you can have more, because its "healthier". Over consumption of anything over a long period of time is going to start messing up the body, increasing obesity, then to more serious illnesses, etc...

The point, that sugar free = healthy is a myth and that's why marketing has changed from healthy to healthier thank sugar or it's the cool kids drink.

Just food for thought as it were and not advice I've lived by for sure.