• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Portaventura first timer ...

vikki.harper

TS Member
Hello

We're looking to book a room for a family of 5 at the Portaventura hotel in August 2016. The price has dropped since I last looked and is now about £190 per night half board. Is this good or should I hang on?

Also, does the "Dine Around" option include park restaurants or just the hotels?

Thank you :)

Hello

We're looking to book a room for a family of 5 at the Portaventura hotel in August 2016. The price has dropped since I last looked and is now about £190 per night half board. Is this good or should I hang on?

Also, does the "Dine Around" option include park restaurants or just the hotels?

Thank you :)

Hi Vikki, the prices for the hotels change throughout the year depending on the occupancy, I'd have thought now would be the cheapest time to book as they will only get more expensive. The Dine Around option includes all hotel restaurants in Hotel PortAventura, Hotel Caribe, Hotel Gold River and Hotel The Callaghan's. If you stay in Hotel El Paso you can dine around in the Parks as part of the hotels all inclusive package. :)

Hi

Thank you very much for your reply. There are only 2 hotels that sleep 5 in a room and it seems the rooms go fast so we have booked :) As the price dropped, the rate seemed great for 5 of us to sleep, get in the park and eat!

Thanks for the Dine around info, would be handy to eat in the park but the options still look good.

Thanks again!

Hi Vikki, the prices for the hotels change throughout the year depending on the occupancy, I'd have thought now would be the cheapest time to book as they will only get more expensive. The Dine Around option includes all hotel restaurants in Hotel PortAventura, Hotel Caribe, Hotel Gold River and Hotel The Callaghan's. If you stay in Hotel El Paso you can dine around in the Parks as part of the hotels all inclusive package. :)

Have they discontinued dine-around in the theme park during the summer? It used to be the case that you could swap your meal for dining vouchers at sit down restaurants in the park, which varied from average to good. These were La Hacienda in Mexico, Raco de Mar and Vinosfera in Mediterranea, Marco Polo in China and The Iron Horse in the Far West (best avoided in our experience).

Regardless of this, as Hotel PortAventura and Gold River are accessible through the park and during August you can expect the park to be open until midnight, the restaurants at those hotels will be very easy to reach. I'm not sure if it's still the same quality but the Opera House at Gold River was fantastic in 2013.

When we stayed this summer, they were just issuing vouchers for the Resort Hotel restaurants:
  • Buffet Del Mar
  • Buffet Del Port
  • Port Regata
  • Buffet Bohio
  • La Piazza
  • Puerto Viejo
  • Grand Hall Buffet
  • Grand Opera
  • The Callaghans Restaurant
You might be able to change your evening meal booking to a Park restaurant as a one off but I'm not sure about for your full stay. The Hotels are directly next to the Parks by walking or via a shuttle so you wouldn't have far to go anyway. We usually eat in the Iron Horse in PortAventura Park, it has great food and views of the Park but I'd recommend making a reservation as it does book up quickly due to its popularity.

I've moved this thread to the trip planning forum. Hope you have a fantastic time when you do go to PA!

:)

Thanks Rob!

Thanks everyone else too, this is all really useful. It would be good to dine in the park as we want to do the rides early morning and evening/night, escaping to the pool in the heat of the day. But if the hotel is so close to the park, we may as well eat there :)

Here's a Resort Map showing the Hotels in relation to the Parks. The Park restaurants have the same menus at lunch and dinner so you could always eat in those restaurants at lunch if you wanted to try both. Remember PortAventura Park has staggered openings on some attractions so not every attraction opens with the Park.

productfeature-portaventura-map.jpg

Thanks everyone! I now have flights booked with Ryanair and a car and apartment booked plus 3 nights half board at Portaventura hotel. The Portaventura discounts have gone from their website now so I saved £400!

Any advice on where to head first, the best shows, and whether fast pass is necessary if staying for two full days on park (29th / 30th July)?

Cheers

Any advice on where to head first, the best shows, and whether fast pass is necessary if staying for two full days on park (29th / 30th July)?

Cheers
Furius Baco is always a good ride to head to first as soon as the Park opens as it tends to retain large queues from then until the early evening, after that I'd suggest to head to Far West and work your way around the Park that way.

My favourite shows in the Park are Templo Del Fuego (Mexico), Revolution (Grand Teatre Imerial - China), Bang Bang West (Western Stunt Show Area - Far West) and Can Can (Long Branch Saloon - Far West). But there are many more including PortAventura on Parade and FiestAventura around the Mediterrania Lagoon.

Best places to eat are:

Table Service: Iron Horse (Far West), Raco de Mar (Mediterrania), Vinosfera Tapes i Vins (Mediterrania)

Quick Service: The Steak House (Far West) and Dagna (Asia)

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
Reactions: D4n