• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

I don't recall spending any cash on park, all through card.

When you pull up to the car park barriers have your card ready. They're at the park entrance and are terrible

Visited today quick recap of our day.

FL not opening till 4pm is a pain
Fast track is an absolute must
Furious Baco....excellent launch, horrible horrible ride and people claim Smiler is rough 🤣
Crap operations throughout, even F&B was slow service

Excellent themed park overall and very clean.
Shambala is 😍
Loved Sesame Street land/Street Misson was fantastic dark ride.
Spoke to a couple who was complaining about loads of queue jumping kids
Lots of French people on site, might be school holidays.

Was a decent day out, we've got 2 more free days at the park but unlikely to return instead have a relaxing holiday, will be back later in the year for Uncharted.

Hi guys I’m heading to Portaventura late June (20th-24th) staying on site at hotel caribe. Initially booked this week as it coincided with the parks operating times increasing up to 11pm however I fear I might be hitting peak school trip season… my bad for not properly researching!

Anyways a few questions.. are all rides open from 10am or only a select few?

We’ll probs get express pass for at least one of the days but will it be quiet in the mornings and late on in evenings like most other parks?

Any idea when Uncharted actually opens in June?

Any other advice greatly appreciated

Hi guys I’m heading to Portaventura late June (20th-24th) staying on site at hotel caribe. Initially booked this week as it coincided with the parks operating times increasing up to 11pm however I fear I might be hitting peak school trip season… my bad for not properly researching!

Anyways a few questions.. are all rides open from 10am or only a select few?

We’ll probs get express pass for at least one of the days but will it be quiet in the mornings and late on in evenings like most other parks?

Any idea when Uncharted actually opens in June?

Any other advice greatly appreciated
I'm sure many people will probably say different on here but...

No not all rides open at 10:00, rides stagger opening from 10:00-11:30, attractions such as Furius Baco, Grand Canyon Rapids, SesamoAventura etc. open from 10:00, Dragon Khan, Shambhala from 10:30 and so on. You're best heading to the back of the park and working your way forward. Queue times tend to die off pretty dramatically in the evening as that's when a lot of shows are on (which are definitely worth a watch). That's always a good time to ride Dragon Khan, Shambhala and Hurakan Condor.

Speaking of shows I'd highly recommend the musical is Gran Teatre Imperial, the bird show, Polynesian show and FiestAventura.

I'm sure many people will probably say different on here but...

No not all rides open at 10:00, rides stagger opening from 10:00-11:30, attractions such as Furius Baco, Grand Canyon Rapids, SesamoAventura etc. open from 10:00, Dragon Khan, Shambhala from 10:30 and so on. You're best heading to the back of the park and working your way forward. Queue times tend to die off pretty dramatically in the evening as that's when a lot of shows are on (which are definitely worth a watch). That's always a good time to ride Dragon Khan, Shambhala and Hurakan Condor.

Speaking of shows I'd highly recommend the musical is Gran Teatre Imperial, the bird show, Polynesian show and FiestAventura.
Yeah Baco, Rapids, Street Mission all opened at 10am but Stampedia, log flume and few others didn't until 11.30.

The app didn't give us any queue times so had to rely on the boards to see what was open.

Not many people were buying fast pass though so well worth it in terms of getting your moneys worth.

Just wanted to ask, what’s the food like on park? In general but also are there any recommendations of where is best to eat? Thanks.

I have had incredibly mixed experiences with food at the park. Some of the outlets look like they should be good, but actually are mediocre at best. Most of them achieve barely 3 on TripAdvisor.

Iron Horse (3), Old Steak House (3), Vinosfera Tapas (3), Raco del Mar (in Mediterania) (2.5)...

None of it is that great sadly - it ought to be far, far better. Of all the above, I would probably go with Iron Horse.

Saying that, it is no worse than anything you would find at Alton Towers.

The buffet at Gold River was dreadful. I thought Flambo's was chaotic but this was next level. Grand Opera was probably the best place we ate (in Gold River) although we treated very rudely on arrival, as a group of 12 who had to last-minute re-book because the restaurant we had booked was closed. Well, we clearly *really* put them out. They rolled eyes at us, and grunted as they rearranged tables.

Personally, I wouldn’t bother with a proper sit-down meal in the park, as others have said, it’s just not great. I’d grab something like a sandwich which are passable and focus on enjoying the location, such as overlooking the lake in Mediterranea. Of all the areas, I’d say avoid Mexico at all costs.

There is a single exception we’ve found which is the restaurant at Lucy’s Mansion in Gold River. The servive and food there are both outstanding, although I’m not sure if you need to be staying there to visit.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am staying at Gold River so will definitely give Lucy’s Mansion a go 😀
You won't be able to dine at Lucy's Mansion as that is exclusive to its hotel guests however you can fine anywhere else. I'd recommend The Iron Horse and Hacienda El Charro for a'la'carte meals in the park and the new restaurant Bora-Bora in Polynesia is very good for self service.

The Chinese place near Dragon Khan when it (rarely) opens would be my shout
If you mean the buffet then that was closed on my two previous visits but there was another noodle bar up near the fountain in the main square of the China area, looked nice but to me it was bang average at best! Chicken in my noodle box had an odd taste and texture.

Off for my first ever visit tomorrow. Doing 3 days so hopefully get on everything. Really excited but with a tinge of worry about the queue line horror stories 😬 Im sure it’ll be fine……..he says……. haha